Ask a Derpling anything.

Sorry, the device (Named: "ShadowBurner Mk. I") had greater potential than initially thought. It should cleanse the desert and the immediate area around it, as well as prevent corruption from returning as long as it's powered, but there will be some side affects:
  • All magic near the device will be strengthened and magical proficiency will be gained at an accelerated rate.
  • On rare occasion, you may see light appearing at odd angles in areas that there shouldn't be light in at all.
  • The hallow's spread will actually accelerate rather than be cleansed if you try to use it there.
If you are interested, we can discuss a place to meet and the device will be delivered. It uses several nanoprisms for energy, so as long as creatures of corrupted by the Dark Twins don't break it (and they most definitely will try), it should be self sustaining. Thank you for bringing this possibility to our attention.
How long have you lived, O Wise One?

Were you ever brought into existence by anything or have you always been the Keeper of Knowledge?
I have been alive for quite a while now. Before I achieved a form of immortality with my cybernetic enhancements, I was the researcher who developed interdimensional travel. This was so influential on derpling culture that I was made the Keeper of Knowledge as a reward once we had learned how to create demiplanes.

Last edited:
I can live with the hallow, and as I am a magic user, I don't see too much issue with stronger magic, even if I have a hard time thinking how illusion magic could be strengthened.
And strange light? Well, I doubt it does any real harm.

It most likely is excruciating. Have you seen herplings compared to their pure counterparts? I personally have never been corrupted or crimsoned as I live in a demiplane without either of these things. The Corruption and Crimson actually shut down all parts of the neurosystem which control rational thought, so that is why you aren't able to focus under their influence. After the peace treaty, the hallow willingly lost it's ability to affect us, so we never have to worry about it anymore.
we wold hot infect you even if we could

we wold hot infect you even if we could
I would dispute this, as the jungle would be at least 150% larger if that were the case. The Hallow ravaged us during the War of Light and Dark, but that was already so long ago that I doubt it would happen again if the hallow had the ability.

For those of you who are curious, the Derplings have managed to glean information about Terrarian history from mineral structure of the Terrarian Archipelago that predates even the War of Light and Dark.

The Terrarian Archipelago began as a massive continent, entirely covered by a great forest we have designated "The Primordial Jungle." The only intelligent life on it was the Dragons, which we have learned were sorted into "Shelled," "Scaled," "Feathered," and "Gilled" tribes (evidence shows there were others, we simply haven't found enough evidence to know what they were or what became of them.)

The Shelled Tribe were distinguished by their carapace, and sacrificed their gift of flight for interdimensional travel and far greater intelligence. They became the Derplings.

The Scaled Tribe were the most commonly known variant of dragons. They sacrificed their immense physical power for isolation and something close to the human mind. Eventually, their wings atrophied and disappeared because they were never used in the narrow passages and rooms of their temples. They became the Lihzahrds.

The Feathered Tribe fled into the stratosphere during the War of Light and Dark and never returned. They have changed the least compared to the other tribes. They became known as the Wyverns.

The Gilled Tribe had a great schism between those who favored ice and those who favored water. Isolated from each other, they eventually split into two species and lost their minds, becoming the Pigrons and the Fishrons.
this

even if the peace treaty did not exist between the hallow and derplings we still would be allies for it is the hallows job to keep the balance between the crimson and corruption and because the corruption is the derplings we wold keep them at bay

What made you decide to create this thread?
Honestly, I originally was going to write all the lore in one place, but I was afraid I would forget something, so I instead would answer what people were actually interested in knowing.
What are the best ways to create a terrarian?
Higher Beings as well as Derplings use the Interface, which is the only way to create them as of now.

Have you ever visited the ocean and if so, what did you think of my home?
I did visit the Ocean once... And I have seen it many more times controlling my Terrarians. I love looking out over the water, it makes me feel sentimentally existential in a way more pure than any other.

I should warn you, the incoming dimensional shift may affect your home, for the better or worse I cannot say yet.

I did visit the Ocean once... And I have seen it many more times controlling my Terrarians. I love looking out over the water, it makes me feel sentimentally existential in a way more pure than any other.

I should warn you, the incoming dimensional shift may affect your home, for the better or worse I cannot say yet.
dimensional shift meaning update right

Back
Top Bottom