Ask a Derpling anything.

B7927859-DD2E-482D-80B5-1371F5614701.jpeg

The legend holds that It just appeared one day, a stark contrast to the Sun that materialized in the heavens above. Others claim It was created here by those who oppose the Order, we who would protect the balance, and keep the world lit from above. When the Sun fades and the Moon appears, It taunts us with Its abominations, though it was known that It couldn't escape the dungeon. Too many safeguards were put in place, the Elders of our order were extremely thorough, using both magic and distance to delay and avoid its escape. The purple maze of walkways and traps, filled with our minions, far from the brown temple I called home.

When our Order saw the Eclipse coming, they made all possible preparations, building the great clay prison, readying the seal of the Temple. When It finally reached the shadow, The Sun's power no longer bathed It, and It grew weak, our magic trapped it within our walls of brick, and prison of clay.

Our Order created 5 great Beings, some say using the same methods which spawned whom we entrapped.

The First made was the Eye, large and observant, so that our Order may look upon the world from within our sealed Temple.

The Second was the Brain, tactile and cunning, so that our Order may collect and analyze the world which the Eye sees.

The Third was the Spine, long and reaching, so that our Order may act upon the information the Brain processes.

The Fourth was the Skull, hard and ruthless, so that our Order may protect the brick maze and its contents.

The Fifth and final was the Flesh, monstrous and vile, so that our order may keep the world clean and docile.

These were created to prevent its escape, for no creature can touch the Altars, the Brain and Spine protect them, and no creature can break the Altars, for the Flesh alone holds the strength to do so.

The Elders, thorough as ever, even had safeguards if they were ever to be defeated. Upon the Death of the Flesh, spirits of purifying are released, to delay the release.

The Hallow to trick those who would release It into quiet serenity, to better let the monsters within destroy them, and the spread of the realms of the Brain and the Spine, to slow the progress of those who had killed the Flesh.

Even this, some thought, would not be enough, for after this, the Elders created a lock system, to hold back the worst of the creatures until the Flesh was defeated, and afterwards, those who were unprepared soon found themselves destroyed.

Then more Great Beings were created.

The First was a fusion of the Brain and Spine, encased within bars of Light, to Destroy any who would face his Might.

The Second were the Brothers, a powerful pair of eyes forged from steel, which burned any opposition withing their Sight.

The Third was the Prime, a skeleton plated in metal, set to annihilate any who dared to summon his Fright.

And the Fourth was the Flower, hidden deep within our Jungle, whose Magic upon death was added to the brick maze, to better defend the last hope before release.

The Final boss was of our own design, fueled by It which was encased within. With heavy clay and the Power of The Sun, It was forced within and never opened, an animated being powered and protected by the light cells we provided it.

And then a new being was discovered.

First by the Eye, and then by the Brain, the Being we saw was intelligent, and hungry. It fed on progress and power, going to great lengths to empty the ground and rebuild it higher above. Palaces and Castles, suits of wood and metal, wielding powers the Elders had feared. The Being one by one destroyed those who were created to defend. Blinded by greed and ignorance, the Being tore through the Flesh and released the demons from under. Altar after Alter, it chipped away at our defenses and stopped at nothing to achieve the end. Lies and deceits were fed to the Being through the one he arrived with, suggestions and commands to bring about the release with greater efficiency and speed.

The brick maze was looted, the Metal Machinations destroyed. The Being used our own weapons against us, with pale acid, dead flame and sharp facets, it plucked the Flower and greedily made suits of shell and blue-cap and pale souls.

The Being stormed our temples, slew our brethren, and powered the clay prison, and broke it. Upon escape, It gave weapons of great power to better destroy what was next, our last chance.

I recall this all now, wearing the ceremonial garb of my Order as I pray, my hooked nose swaying and robes flapping, I see the Sun set and Night descend, I see hell-spawn pour forth from four portals, I see the Being approach now, and like that, my priests are dead, I am the Last of my Order, and I will delay Its release to my last breath.
753B219C-04E8-4E82-BF47-4F9541373BBB.jpeg

You are very misunderstood, and tried to create a new layer of the seal so that the Moon Lord wouldn't return. The Terrarians kill you a little too much, but you most likely are a Terrarian anyway, so I'm sure it doesn't bother you.

The thing is, we mobilize so easily that even if there was a significant threat to us, we could simply run away into another dimension VERY easily. If someone does end up following us so persistently when nothing can kill them, we can mark them with a Dimensional Anchor which roots their position in the planes so they can't follow us anymore. It bypasses wards as the Dimensional Anchor is only debatably harmful at the best of logic.
So? Are you aware of the prophecy?

B7927859-DD2E-482D-80B5-1371F5614701.jpeg

The legend holds that It just appeared one day, a stark contrast to the Sun that materialized in the heavens above. Others claim It was created here by those who oppose the Order, we who would protect the balance, and keep the world lit from above. When the Sun fades and the Moon appears, It taunts us with Its abominations, though it was known that It couldn't escape the dungeon. Too many safeguards were put in place, the Elders of our order were extremely thorough, using both magic and distance to delay and avoid its escape. The purple maze of walkways and traps, filled with our minions, far from the brown temple I called home.

When our Order saw the Eclipse coming, they made all possible preparations, building the great clay prison, readying the seal of the Temple. When It finally reached the shadow, The Sun's power no longer bathed It, and It grew weak, our magic trapped it within our walls of brick, and prison of clay.

Our Order created 5 great Beings, some say using the same methods which spawned whom we entrapped.

The First made was the Eye, large and observant, so that our Order may look upon the world from within our sealed Temple.

The Second was the Brain, tactile and cunning, so that our Order may collect and analyze the world which the Eye sees.

The Third was the Spine, long and reaching, so that our Order may act upon the information the Brain processes.

The Fourth was the Skull, hard and ruthless, so that our Order may protect the brick maze and its contents.

The Fifth and final was the Flesh, monstrous and vile, so that our order may keep the world clean and docile.

These were created to prevent its escape, for no creature can touch the Altars, the Brain and Spine protect them, and no creature can break the Altars, for the Flesh alone holds the strength to do so.

The Elders, thorough as ever, even had safeguards if they were ever to be defeated. Upon the Death of the Flesh, spirits of purifying are released, to delay the release.

The Hallow to trick those who would release It into quiet serenity, to better let the monsters within destroy them, and the spread of the realms of the Brain and the Spine, to slow the progress of those who had killed the Flesh.

Even this, some thought, would not be enough, for after this, the Elders created a lock system, to hold back the worst of the creatures until the Flesh was defeated, and afterwards, those who were unprepared soon found themselves destroyed.

The First was a fusion of the Brain and Spine, encased within bars of Light, to Destroy any who would face his Might.

The Second were the Brothers, a powerful pair of eyes forged from steel, which burned any opposition withing their Sight.

The Third was the Prime, a skeleton plated in metal, set to annihilate any who dared to summon his Fright.

And the Fourth was the Flower, hidden deep within our Jungle, whose Magic upon death was added to the brick maze, to better defend the last hope before release.

The Final boss was of our own design, fueled by It which was encased within. With heavy clay and the Power of The Sun, It was forced within and never opened, an animated being powered and protected by the light cells we provided it.

First by the Eye, and then by the Brain, the Being we saw was intelligent, and hungry. It fed on progress and power, going to great lengths to empty the ground and rebuild it higher above. Palaces and Castles, suits of wood and metal, wielding powers the Elders had feared. The Being one by one destroyed those who were created to defend. Blinded by greed and ignorance, the Being tore through the Flesh and released the demons from under. Altar after Alter, it chipped away at our defenses and stopped at nothing to achieve the end. Lies and deceits were fed to the Being through the one he arrived with, suggestions and commands to bring about the release with greater efficiency and speed.

The brick maze was looted, the Metal Machinations destroyed. The Being used our own weapons against us, with pale acid, dead flame and sharp facets, it plucked the Flower and greedily made suits of shell and blue-cap and pale souls.

The Being stormed our temples, slew our brethren, and powered the clay prison, and broke it. Upon escape, It gave weapons of great power to better destroy what was next, our last chance.

I recall this all now, wearing the ceremonial garb of my Order as I pray, my hooked nose swaying and robes flapping, I see the Sun set and Night descend, I see hell-spawn pour forth from four portals, I see the Being approach now, and like that, my priests are dead, I am the Last of my Order, and I will delay Its release to my last breath.
753B219C-04E8-4E82-BF47-4F9541373BBB.jpeg
1st awesome and 2nd thx for the signature

View attachment 230742

View attachment 230743
How fascinating...! There are a few innacuracies within this (the Derplings actually created Skeletron (not prime) as a security system for the weapons development laboratory), but prophecies and legends tend to become warped over time. So, if I'm reading this right, does this mean that your cult are of Lihzahrds? The Lihzahrds were descended from the Dragons, which did create the Moon Lord Seal as well as the Seal of Light and Dark, which actually helps to reinforce this. This has been very enlightening, thank you!

How fascinating...! There are a few innacuracies within this (the Derplings actually created Skeletron (not prime) as a security system for the weapons development laboratory), but prophecies and legends tend to become warped over time. So, if I'm reading this right, does this mean that your cult are of Lihzahrds? The Lihzahrds were descended from the Dragons, which did create the Moon Lord Seal as well as the Seal of Light and Dark, which actually helps to reinforce this. This has been very enlightening, thank you!
Yes, we are, and I’m glad to help!
how old are u?

I have made some adjustments (yes, I made sure to do so in a pocket dimension, with my dimensional anchor, and cosmic ink)

4B7906BA-8597-41DF-A653-634DA50C9E00.jpeg

The Terrarian Archipelago began as a massive continent, entirely covered by a great forest we have designated "The Primordial Jungle." The only intelligent life on it was the Dragons, which we have learned were sorted into "Shelled," "Scaled," "Feathered," "Gilled," and "Furred" tribes (evidence shows there were others, we simply haven't found enough evidence to know what they were or what became of them.)

The Shelled Tribe were distinguished by their carapace, and sacrificed their gift of flight for interdimensional travel and far greater intelligence. They became the Derplings.

The Scaled Tribe were the most commonly known variant of dragons. They sacrificed their immense physical power for isolation and something close to the human mind. Eventually, their wings atrophied and disappeared because they were never used in the narrow passages and rooms of their temples. They became the Lihzahrds.

The Feathered Tribe fled into the stratosphere during the War of Light and Dark and never returned. They have changed the least compared to the other tribes. They became known as the Wyverns.

The Gilled Tribe had a great schism between those who favored ice and those who favored water. Isolated from each other, they eventually split into two species and lost their minds, becoming the Pigrons and the Fishrons.

The Necroavirus targeted them as well as the humans, but they were even more susceptible to it. They fled down to the underworld, but not even the extreme heat could save them. They became the Bone Serpents.
The legend holds that It just appeared one day, a stark contrast to the Sun that materialized in the heavens above. Others claim It was created here by those who oppose the Order, we who would protect the balance, and keep the world lit from above. When the Sun fades and the Moon appears, It taunts us with Its abominations, though it was known that It couldn't escape the dungeon. Too many safeguards were put in place, the Elders of our order were extremely thorough, using both magic and distance to delay and avoid its escape. The purple maze of walkways and traps, constructed with the aid of the Derplings, filled with our minions and their laboratories, far from the brown temple I called home.

Our Order created 4 great Beings and the Derplings assisted by creating a 5th, some say using the same methods which spawned whom we entrapped.

The Fourth was the Skull, made by the Derplings, hard and ruthless, so that our Order may protect the brick maze and its contents and the Derplings labs.

34499A68-8122-432D-9867-29A9D1839175.jpeg

The Necroavirus targeted the Furred Tribe as well as the humans, but they were even more susceptible to it.
Make that tiny edit and it's good.
no im asking omaga gerplin in his head cannon
The measure of time has varied so much that our records simply couldn't keep track. Terran years seem to be the norm for most factions, so I will use that. I'm around 210 Terran years old. However, keep in mind that Terran years are much longer than Terrarian years, so as far as the scale of the world goes, I reach much farther back then you might expect.

How silly, I am one of you, still, to make up for it, you must make a shrine to golem. Good luck, and post a screenshot
I wonder, are you a Lesser Terrarian (Like the Witch Doctor, Nurse, Demolitionist...) or a Greater Terrarian? (The ones which are just stupidly strong.)

Back
Top Bottom