Ask a Derpling anything.

Is DoG a threat to the Derplings?
No, the Calamitous Derpling Division designed his armor to be on a near-equal level to theirs, but they gave it a failsafe that would cause it to lock and hold the Devourer in place if it ever turned on us.

It's probably for the best that I disbanded the CDD... They were far too dangerous to be left alone.

What about a certain tyrant? (Yharim)
When the CDD was in his service, he wouldn't allow them to have schematics for what gear he utilizes. The few scans they managed to sneak on him revealed his armor to be at a level close to even Derptech, and his biology to be highly similar to that of a Terrarian. It's difficult for us to gain information on that mod, as it's history seems to obey it's own rules.
What about the Supreme Calamitas? Could she defeat a Derpling?
It depends on which type of Derpling she faced, and how much technology the Derpling would have access to. If it were a Guardian, most of her attacks would be able to land, but the Guardian would be able to break her guard between phases and constantly keep up a steady stream of massive damage. I guess it entirely depends on how skilled the guardian is (@Buffling Ω , for example, would have a pretty high chance of victory.) but if either side won, it would be extremely close. If it were a Messenger, she would have a ridiculously hard time hitting it as they can speed up/slow down their perception of time, break the sound barrier, and are comparable in size to a terrarian, but Messengers tend to not have very powerful weapons.

I bring a question from The judge. Just know she is not associated with anyone beyond myself and the dead.
In any case, her question is if you've considered giving free will to your people. And by that she means not directly having your technology influence anyone's mind.

How do you feel when a celestial pillar is located above the Jungle?
I view it as an opportunity to see how our creation has differed from when we first made it.
I bring a question from The judge. Just know she is not associated with anyone beyond myself and the dead.
In any case, her question is if you've considered giving free will to your people. And by that she means not directly having your technology influence anyone's mind.
I don't think I've been clear about this before, so let me try to reiterate.

We don't actually remotely control the minds of Derplings, except when we create backups of them in case they die. They are free to do whatever they desire, but our natural neurostructure doesn't really allow the creation of other factions to conflict with the major one (this is why the Calamitous Derpling Division ultimately failed). There is a reason for this, and it's because we have somehow gained the favor of both Primordials at once, unlike other races, which only have the favor of one, causing it to feel conflict with creatures favored by the other Primordial, but I digress. There actually are Derplings who have been "exiled" called Nomads, but all of these cases were at the request of the individuals in question, so I view their existence as proof I don't have ultimate control over my people. There are reports, however, that the Nomads tend to start taking on the appearance and traits of the Shelled Dragons over time, but we don't have any information as to why this happens.

That sounds like there was likely some amount of genetic engineering involved in that at some point, though likely not by any recent generation of derplings.

That sounds like there was likely some amount of genetic engineering involved in that at some point, though likely not by any recent generation of derplings.
It's possible. We do know that what caused us to become derplings in the first place was a curse that the pigrons placed on us as an act of revenge for destroying some of the Six Spirits, but that doesn't explain why it's reversible, and why the circumstances required to do so are so specific.

I was moreso referring to the point about the neurostructure.
Ah, that. The problem with that is we’ve kept records since before we had the ability to use genetic manipulation, and even with the highest level of security clearance, I can’t find anything on that. I’ve even checked using some... “exploits”, to see if something was hidden from me in the files, and there wasn’t anything. So if there was genetic manipulation, it wasn’t the Derplings that did it. The Dragons were discovered to be completely harmonious in the beginning, however, so it could just be something that other species lost.

So, rather than write out my silly headcanon of Derplings being the most advanced race, I decided it would be better if you simply asked me as a derpling about it! Of course, you can just ask me as a person something if you so prefer. There are no extra rules, just don't violate TCF's rules.
Why does your race attack me? I just want to be friends with you

Back
Top Bottom