Ask Glitchtrap Anything

So what determines a slime's color then? Does that work like colors do in any other situation? (blue + yellow = green, for example) Or is there some other thing that determines it?
I would assume it's chemical composition, like with chromium altering the color of corundum, creating rubies instead of sapphires.

Why do only the Mother Slime and Corrupt Slime split upon death?
I think it's because those are elderly variants of the Black Slime and Slime respectively, and they are almost ready to split into their children anyway (slimes reproduce usually through splitting) Killing them instigates it early, causing them to split into more than normal (which is two)

I think it's because those are elderly variants of the Black Slime and Slime respectively, and they are almost ready to split into their children anyway (slimes reproduce entirely through splitting) Killing them instigates it early, causing them to split into more than normal (which is two)
That's what I was trying to say, but I didn't say it nearly as fancy as you did...

How exactly can slimes get coins trapped in them if they drop coins normally anyway? Does it just not properly dissolve?

How do the ones with torches stuck in them not burn? The torches are clearly lit.
Those slimes could be fireproof, maybe they have some of a Lava Slime's genes inside them, and as a result don't get burned?
How exactly can slimes get coins trapped in them if they drop coins normally anyway? Does it just not properly dissolve?
The coins we drop normally are our "pocket" money, we carry that around all of the time. The other coins are the stuff we try to pick up, but it gets stuck inside of us.

Back
Top Bottom