Ask anything about Pangeo!

Pangeo

Terrarian
Hello, everyone, and welcome to the Pangeo Q&A thread! Here you can ask anything you want to know about the game, but before I begin I will give a brief description:

Imagine a sandbox RPG where you can go on epic quests, build enormous structures, and become the hero your world needs. Pangeo is currently in development by Creative++ Studios and strives to become a marvel of innovation in the open-world genre, with codeless modding support, currently over 3000 items, advanced combat mechanics, a huge storyline, and more!

You can find out more about Pangeo here.

Your questions can be answered by any of our developers that choose to opt-in to this Q&A thread (Currently only M2TheT, the others will probably show up later). We will primarily be answering questions only related to Pangeo, but we can make exceptions for some personal and/or slightly off-topic questions (e.g., How did you get into game development, @M2TheT ?)

I will preface this thread by saying that all unrelated questions to me should be placed on my personal AMA. Likewise, random personal questions to other developers should be put on their own personal AMA's, given they exist. That is all :)

Last edited:
Hello, everyone, and welcome to the Pangeo Q&A thread! Here you can ask anything you want to know about the game, but before I begin I will give a brief description:

Imagine a sandbox RPG where you can go on epic quests, build enormous structures, and become the hero your world needs. Pangeo is currently in development by Creative++ Studios and strives to become a marvel of innovation in the open-world genre, with codeless modding support, currently over 3000 items, advanced combat mechanics, a huge storyline, and more!

You can find out more about Pangeo here.

Your questions can be answered by any of our developers that choose to opt-in to this Q&A thread (Currently only M2TheT, the others will probably show up later). We will primarily be answering questions only related to Pangeo, but we can make exceptions for some personal and/or slightly off-topic questions (e.g., How did you get into game development, @M2TheT ?)
To answer the game development question, it was my fault.

How long will it take to make this game? :)
We have no set ETA on the release date. Hopefully we can get it fully prepared within the next year, but we won't rush through the dev process. We want it to be perfect, even if that means taking longer to do so :)

We have no set ETA on the release date. Hopefully we can get it fully prepared within the next year, but we won't rush through the dev process. We want it to be perfect, even if that means taking longer to do so :)
To elaborate, we don't want to pull a move like some game studios (not naming names, just saying it starts with an C and ends with an h and makes a game similar but different to Terraria...) and release an unfinished product. When we release Pangeo to the public, it will be a full release, and it will be completely playable in a perfected state. Of course, we will push updates, but just like Terraria, we do have ulterior motives beyond just Pangeo...

Can we get like a screenshot of even concept art of what the game might end out like? Currently, as far as I'm aware, all you've showed us is stuff going in the game for us to sow together, without an idea of what the actual fabric is. Perhaps if too hard to make you can have an artist on the forums do it, I'm sure people would be glad to do it. People seem plenty excited for the game.

Can we get like a screenshot of even concept art of what the game might end out like? Currently, as far as I'm aware, all you've showed us is stuff going in the game for us to sow together, without an idea of what the actual fabric is. Perhaps if too hard to make you can have an artist on the forums do it, I'm sure people would be glad to do it. People seem plenty excited for the game.
Once we finish up with the lighting engine, the game will look infinitely better and closer to our desired end product. I'll try to focus on getting a screenshot of that out as soon as possible.

I'll try to create a mock up concept as well, and I'll post it here whenever it's ready. :)

*we are too awesome
... Your crew is highly motivated, and then look at mine: they are losing motivation at a rapid rate and are just programming their own mods.
I've got 80 days to finish, using the same engines Terraria does. (However you'll have to prepare your asses for the next game, which I am doing independently)

... Your crew is highly motivated, and then look at mine: they are losing motivation at a rapid rate and are just programming their own mods.
I've got 80 days to finish, using the same engines Terraria does. (However you'll have to prepare your asses for the next game, which I am doing independently)
Believe me when I say we've had our fair share of problems. It took us two years and three restarts to get to a point we are happy with :p Best of luck on your projects, and I hope you and your group can get everything done by your deadline :)

(I'm always prepared!)

Believe me when I say we've had our fair share of problems. It took us two years and three restarts to get to a point we are happy with :p Best of luck on your projects, and I hope you and your group can get everything done by your deadline :)

(I'm always prepared!)
I've actually thought of game development for 2 years already: 1/4 of that was using a drop & drag engine, a year was to do with Unity (of which I will return to for X-Nova) and then this year was to do with Terraria modding. Currently I am in the N Terraria team as a result. My current deadline is a little hard at the moment but X-Nova's is 21 months as a result: however it's probably going to be my ultimate project in C#.

(Well I stick to my deadlines but I also have a major problem with procrastination so there's that)

I've actually thought of game development for 2 years already: 1/4 of that was using a drop & drag engine, a year was to do with Unity (of which I will return to for X-Nova) and then this year was to do with Terraria modding. Currently I am in the N Terraria team as a result. My current deadline is a little hard at the moment but X-Nova's is 21 months as a result: however it's probably going to be my ultimate project in C#.

(Well I stick to my deadlines but I also have a major problem with procrastination so there's that)
Yeah, I dropped out of NTerraria because of Pangeo - however, if you need any help with C# or Java programming, those two languages are my specialties.

Back
Top Bottom