Ask Aurora Anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora3500

🌳
Staff member
Ohai there!

It looks like this may be a good place to get to know other users better. You may/may not know me, but you can simply call me Aurora.

To set down the rules, I'll answer a variety of questions, they can be about Terraria, other Video Games, Anime, Manga, Books, Movies, or anything general.

Questions I will not answer are ones about personal information (My Real Name, Town, Address, Physical Description, Gender, and other things not limited to this list) I will answer questions related to the country where I live or my age, but those are the only exceptions for personal information.

I will answer joke questions such as "Would you rather be a Hippo or an Ostrich", but if they are too Crude in nature I won't answer them. It will be up to me in the end what fits this or not.

If the questions avoid the two above conditions I'll do my best to answer them. I may not be able to answer instantly, but if its an acceptable question, I will answer it when I can.

I've added an FAQ for questions I anticipate to be commonly asked.
Q: Who is the 3 Eyed character you usually use as your Avatar?

A: That is my OC (Original Character) Akatsuki. I created her around October/November of 2015 to represent me here on TCF as a Terraria character, and also to give a taste of how I view my "inner self". Her inspiration comes from my fascination with Japanese Culture as a result of watching Anime for over 10 years, along with the Akatsuki Organization from the Anime Naruto, along with my favorite colors. I 1st revealed my drawing of her here. And her design has been improved by myself and others as more drawings of her have been made.

Q: How did you come up with your Username?

A: My answer to this from this thread

Q: What is your favorite game aside from Terraria? Favorite Anime/Manga?

A: Hard to say for sure. My "favorite games" tend to change constantly. This is one of those questions you may ask me multiple times (With at least a week interval in between) since each time, my response may be different. Same thing applies to Anime/Manga.

Q: What Country/region do you live in?

A: I live in the United States of America. You may ask me about what area (such as North/South/West/East) I live in, but exactly what State I live in is too much information that I'm not fine with giving out.

Last edited:
What vanity in terraria do you use?

The vanity I use changes from playthrough to playthrough, but in general I enjoy using the raincoat set or the Kimono when I can get it. They are normally dyed black with another color which changes.

What's your favorite anime?
Have you watched Attack on Titan?

My Favorite Anime right now is Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni with Elfen Lied very close behind it.

I have seen Attack on Titan.

Elfin Lied didn't have enough exploding heads.

Did you like Attack on Titan?

I thought it was entertaining to watch, and the pilot episode and soundtrack in particular were epic. It has flaws with the story it felt like, but I will watch the next season when it comes out.

How did you come up with your username?

When I was around 13 years old, the main username I used on the Internet was Omega, and when it looked like it was used by too many people in many variations I wanted to change it. I was playing Metroid Prime 3 for awhile and thought the Aurora Units (Which are advanced supercomputers in that game) in that game were very fascinating. The final boss was also an Aurora Unit and it brought about a good ending for the Trilogy, naturally I also thought of the Northern Lights and how pretty they were. So I decided to use the name Aurora because of a combination of being interested in the Aurora Units in MP3 as well as the Northern Lights seeming to create an energy field in the sky.

The sound of it is cool, but to make my Aurora truly unique I wanted to add something else into it. I tried things like AuroraWarrior, OmegaAurora, and other things I can't remember off the top of my head. They didn't sound very good to me so to keep it simple I decided to go with a variation of my favorite number. My favorite number is 7 and everything related to 7 felt cool to me. By related I mean things that are multiplied by 7 like 7 x 3 =21, 7 x 4=28. In the end, 35 felt the coolest and was still related to 7 so I went with 35 for my main username and to make it seem a little more fancy, to multiply it by 100 which gives the 3500 part in my name.

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni eh? I thought I recognized your avatar. Opinions on Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni?

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni eh? I thought I recognized your avatar. Opinions on Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni?

Higurashi excels in its unique story telling structure of having different parallel worlds that take place in the same setting with slightly different events in each universe. The way it makes you feel attached to the characters after seeing the tragedy that they go through makes you want to see them reach that 1 out of 100 world that is a miracle where things don't end in tragedy.

While it is easy to see Higurashi as a horror story because of the gruesome murders, it contains much more than meets the eye. The themes of believing in your friends and using your faith in your friends to overcome the predetermined fate of tragedy feels like it is done very well compared to other anime. It is because it has the structure of showing many "bad end" worlds that it gives a motive for the viewer to want to see it work out for the characters.

I also like how some themes from Higurashi (such as trying to discover the truth behind the mysterious deaths) carry into its sister series Umineko.
[doublepost=1459722258,1431179065][/doublepost]I've made an Update to my AMA since it has been almost a year since I 1st created it. There is now a FAQ for questions I would guess to be common. This will be updated if seen as necessary. And I also updated the Title.

I'll also ask myself a question here since I can.

"What is your favorite type of Game?"

It would have to be JRPGs. I have the most fun playing them in general for their great stories and characters which also have great gameplay in most cases. Ys and The Legend of Heroes are my current favorites in this genre of games.

What's your Real Name, Town, Address, Physical Description, and Gender? :D

Let's see, that's an interesting question, I'll provide my info here:

Town: Esteria
Address: 7000 CyroRoad Summit Street
Physical Description: Gray-skinned with 3 Purple/Black Eyes, long hair, a Black Kimono, and Crystal Necklace

Now you'll be able to find me easily! :dryadhappy:

totally not asking because you asked on mine

I can't remember if you've answered on your profile or not, but do you actually own any kimonos?
(sorry i'm really bad at amas)

totally not asking because you asked on mine

I can't remember if you've answered on your profile or not, but do you actually own any kimonos?
(sorry i'm really bad at amas)

Unfortunately, I do not actually own any Kimonos IRL. I'd absolutely love to get one one day and be able to wear it. It is a dream I have since they are for sure one of my favorite types of clothes. For now, I can only wear one online which is the one you usually see me wearing in the form of Akatsuki.

No worries about being "bad at amas". I enjoy getting questions and answering them!

What's you're opinion on fortnite

I haven't personally played Fortnite, I've seen a few gameplay videos and have heard a lot about it, and it seems to have some interesting mechanics to the gameplay with crafting while fighting. Though I generally don't play multiplayer games as much or enjoy them as much. As a result it isn't my cup of tea. With it's gameplay mechanics and colorful graphics ontop of being one of the games (along with PUBG) to popularize the "Battle Royale" Game mode, I do see why it appeals to a lot of people.

I haven't personally played Fortnite, I've seen a few gameplay videos and have heard a lot about it, and it seems to have some interesting mechanics to the gameplay with crafting while fighting. Though I generally don't play multiplayer games as much or enjoy them as much. As a result it isn't my cup of tea. With it's gameplay mechanics and colorful graphics ontop of being one of the games (along with PUBG) to popularize the "Battle Royale" Game mode, I do see why it appeals to a lot of people.
I think it's safe to say that we both share the same opinion of fortnight

What's your favorite color?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom