Ask Aurora Anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you put links and/or spoiler buttons in your signature?

You can put spoilers in your signature by using the spoiler tags. I'll show an example of it here:

[SPOILER]content inside here[/SPOILER]

content inside here

You can also click on the line icon to the left of the save draft option to bring up the option for creating a spoiler if you prefer that way.

As to not derail this thread, I have to ask, did you become a moderator by your own request or did someone else suggest you? If the former, why?

Back in 2016 the current staff put out applications for new staff. I decided to apply during that application period since I wanted to help the forums to a greater degree. Even before I was a staff member. I would browse several sections of the forums for fun on a regular basis and felt I could use what I see to help the staff provide more help to members who need it and to enforce forum rules.

There's also how our staff team in my opinion is a fun group of people. And naturally I'd want to see the staff team more often. After putting in the application. I was accepted a few months later and was very happy about it.

Another thing was by having an important responsibility I was passionate about. I feel it has helped me grow as a person a lot by being in this role for a few years now. :dryadsmile:

Do you know if we can take our new 1.4 characters into our old worlds? When the new update comes out

If you mean that you can run an old world of yours made before the 1.4 update, and use it on the 1.4 update with a new character made from the new update, yes it will be possible. Terraria Worlds and characters from as far back as the 1.0.x update can still be brought in to work with the current update today.

Otherwise, if you are asking about if a character in 1.4 could go into a World running the 1.3.5.3 update, that would not be possible (If you were running the GOG version of the game for example that was on 1.3.5.3). Even if you ensured your character had inventory and equipment that did not have new 1.4 items on it, if you load it on 1.4 when it comes out, the Character file will be updated to work with anything 1.4 offers, and wouldn't be able to be used in earlier versions of the game. If both the World and character are used on a version of the game with the 1.4 update, it will be possible to use them.

What is your favourite block?

That is a tough question. I do like Mushroom Blocks a lot since Mushrooms are easy to farm for building.

My favorite block for building and appearance overall however, I'd have to say is the Smooth Granite Block. I enjoyed it to the degree that I made my base built out of Granite on my very first 1.3 World.

Back in 2016 the current staff put out applications for new staff. I decided to apply during that application period since I wanted to help the forums to a greater degree. Even before I was a staff member. I would browse several sections of the forums for fun on a regular basis and felt I could use what I see to help the staff provide more help to members who need it and to enforce forum rules.

There's also how our staff team in my opinion is a fun group of people. And naturally I'd want to see the staff team more often. After putting in the application. I was accepted a few months later and was very happy about it.
All you had to do to become a moderator was fill out a application form! Did you have to do anything else or was that it?

All you had to do to become a moderator was fill out a application form! Did you have to do anything else or was that it?

That was it for the most part. I spent two days writing out my application before I sent it to the staff to ensure it was as good as I could write it. After the initial applications, they select some members for another phase where they will ask a few questions. I answered the questions and then awhile after that, I got the invitation to join the TCF staff. This Thread shows an outline of what the application process is like when we do have applications open: Important - Community User Guide: Rules, Enforcement, Staff Team, & Community Feedback

That was it for the most part. I spent two days writing out my application before I sent it to the staff to ensure it was as good as I could write it. After the initial applications, they select some members for another phase where they will ask a few questions. I answered the questions and then awhile after that, I got the invitation to join the TCF staff. This Thread shows an outline of what the application process is like when we do have applications open: Important - Community User Guide: Rules, Enforcement, Staff Team, & Community Feedback
Thanks for answering. I am thinking about being a Moderator, but first I have some questions.
First, I am still in school can I still be a Moderator?
Is there a age you must be and if so am I old enough?

Thanks for answering. I am thinking about being a Moderator, but first I have some questions.
First, I am still in school can I still be a Moderator?
Is there a age you must be and if so am I old enough?

We don't have age requirements for becoming a Moderator. If one is under 18 however, a parent or legal guardian may be required to sign the NDA with them. (Any member who does become a Moderator will have to sign a NDA with Re-Logic.)

Other than that, we require demonstrated maturity, an overall clean history of respectful behavior, and an attitude to help other members for anyone who wants to become one. When applications are open, we can usually only take a few members onto the team at once, so many people who do apply don't get accepted. (The most we've brought on at the same time is 4 members in the early days of the Forums. about 60-80 people applied for moderator at that time and only 4 out of those 60-80 were accepted.)

Currently applications for new Moderators are closed. When we do put out the call, there will always be a big forum announcement when we do open up applications.

We don't have age requirements for becoming a Moderator. If one is under 18 however, a parent or legal guardian may be required to sign the NDA with them. (Any member who does become a Moderator will have to sign a NDA with Re-Logic.)

Other than that, we require demonstrated maturity, an overall clean history of respectful behavior, and an attitude to help other members for anyone who wants to become one. When applications are open, we can usually only take a few members onto the team at once, so many people who do apply don't get accepted. (The most we've brought on at the same time is 4 members in the early days of the Forums. about 60-80 people applied for moderator at that time and only 4 out of those 60-80 were accepted.)

Currently applications for new Moderators are closed. When we do put out the call, there will always be a big forum announcement when we do open up applications.
So if I understood that right then since I am under age a parent/guardian must sign something. What do you mean by NDA? Is it a physical form or online document/form?

So if I understood that right then since I am under age a parent/guardian must sign something. What do you mean by NDA? Is it a physical form or online document/form?

NDA stands for "Non Disclosure Agreement". It is a legal document that you would have to sign. In the situation that you learn information that is not intended for public disclosure, and you reveal it to anyone, the company (in this case Re-Logic) who you signed the NDA with has the right to sue you. It means you would get in legal trouble for sharing information not meant to be shared. The NDA is meant to ensure that the recipient does not share information from a company not intended to be shared.

They can be signed in physical form or signed digitally. There are different kinds depending on the company.

All these discussions make me interested in becoming a moderator someday.
Yeah I just love Terraria and I want to help it grow. I might wait till I am over eighteen years old but maybe not.
NDA stands for "Non Disclosure Agreement". It is a legal document that you would have to sign. In the situation that you learn information that is not intended for public disclosure, and you reveal it to anyone, the company (in this case Re-Logic) who you signed the NDA with has the right to sue you. It means you would get in legal trouble for sharing information not meant to be shared. The NDA is meant to ensure that the recipient does not share information from a company not intended to be shared.

They can be signed in physical form or signed digitally. There are different kinds depending on the company.
Can you tell us if it is digital or physical for Re-Logic? If you can is it digital or physical?

What is the hardest and easiest boss in terraria.
For me the hardest is Duke Fishron. The easiest is king slime

Hardest boss to me is still Moon Lord.

However (new boss spoilers)
Enraged Empress of Light fought during the daytime might take over that role since there actually is very little room for error if fighting her.

Easiest boss for me would be Eye of Cthulhu. That applies to all difficulty settings.

What do you like about anime?

For me I enjoy the general artstyle for one thing. The large eyes are interesting to look at, and it does feel like they are able to show a huge spectrum of emotion from characters. Many of them are emotions I haven't seen from other animations with smaller/cartoonish eye drawings. It is easy to really get a feel for the emotions the characters go through due to how the eyes and facial expressions of many anime & manga characters are drawn.

The biggest thing in general that I like is how there is a lot of anime that exists with more mature and deep stories compared to other forms of animation. There are anime geared for teenagers, young adults, and even older adults as well. I'm able to think more deeply about the characters and story from within the anime and follow a concrete story. Anime such as Psycho-Pass, Higurashi, Death Note, and Yona of the Dawn are examples of anime where the characters and story require one to think deeply about it and analyze it. Because you also watch the journey of characters from the beginning, it is easy to get attached to them as well.

I first got into anime when I was around 12 or 13. It appealed to me since I was at a point where I was getting tired of a majority of western animation since most of it was mostly comedy with not a whole lot of deep thinking behind it. (There were a few exceptions naturally such as Avatar: The Last Airbender for example) That was when my transition period began. A show called Code Lyoko is also something I got into around that time. It is an animation from France that you may/may not have heard of. While it isn't an anime, it was a show where the tone and characters felt more serious compared to most of the things I watched before. X.A.N.A the rogue Artificial Intelligence from the show truly felt like a very intimidating threat for the characters to deal with throughout the show.

A side effect of watching a lot of anime overtime was that I grew comfortable watching with subtitles and in combination with a Japanese class I took during college, I understand a degree of Japanese. I'm not fluent in it, but I do have a basic understanding of the grammar, and what a fair amount of words mean.

To summarize it, it is certainly the more mature or complex feeling from anime that got me attracted to it as a whole. Western animation is mostly geared towards a younger audience. While it is absolutely fine for other people to still watch and enjoy it as they get older, it isn't something I enjoy anymore. Anime has shown me that it is still possible to have animation with a tone set for an older audience, without coming off as forced. Hopefully that makes sense, I had to take a few paragraphs to sort out my thoughts. :dryadtongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom