Ask Aurora Anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like both the darkness and light. Both are important and valuable to have for different reasons.

When I think of elemental systems, I like to have them as the 5th and 6th elements to have in the traditional fire-water-earth-air/wind system.
Me too.

So like .. I started a thread to try something out and I thought that I would be able to delete it afterwards but I´m somehow not able to do so or I just don´t know how.
Now I need help ..

Oh and I wanted to figure out how to "hide" something in a thread, so that you would have to first click it so it opens up and reveals the Image and/or message in it, but I also dont know how to do that .. is there like an option to do it?

So like .. I started a thread to try something out and I thought that I would be able to delete it afterwards but I´m somehow not able to do so or I just don´t know how.
Now I need help ..

I sent you a PM on this, but I'll also answer here :dryadsmile:

Oh and I wanted to figure out how to "hide" something in a thread, so that you would have to first click it so it opens up and reveals the Image and/or message in it, but I also dont know how to do that .. is there like an option to do it?

You are likely thinking of the spoiler feature. It can be done in a few ways

The easiest way is to click the button on the toolbar shown in the screenshot below:
2020-06-04 12_52_33-Ask Aurora Anything _ Page 5 _ Terraria Community Forums.png

From there you'll be prompted for a Spoiler title. Then anything you want to hide in the spoiler can be put in between the tags.

Another way is to directly use BB Code for spoilers, it will look something similar to this:

[SPOILER]Example text for major movie ending[/SPOILER]

Using these tags will result in the output below:

Example text for major movie ending

More BBCodes and what they can do for the forums can also be viewed here: BB codes

What do you think of the two new bosses?

Love them

The Queen Slime feels like a natural evolution of the King Slime and serves as an interesting way to introduce players to what Hardmode bosses are like. Having the wings in the 2nd phase hints at how the player is encouraged to get wings of their own to gain more advanced movement to deal with the new challenges of Hardmode.

The minions are also cool and I enjoy the Hallow Crystal colors that the Queen Slime and her minions have.

For the loot, it is also cool. The Queen Slime Mount is good for having a decent amount of flight. And I love how the Crystal Assassin Armor serves as an armor to give damage to all weapon classes. Making it and the Ninja Gear behave as "All rounder" armors that I've always wanted Terraria to have in some form.

Empress of Light has become my favorite boss tied with Duke Fishron. I can't pick between them since they feel similar at their core. The attack patterns of the Empress feel unique, and it has taken many tries until I figured out how to dodge them effectively. Ultimately I do need Fishron Gear to help me with the fight. It does make me feel like I'm playing Touhou again and it is a good feeling.

The Expert Accessory and Master Mode Light Pet make the fight absolutely worth it. I always had a preference of using wings more than mounts overall, and the Soaring Insignia supports that desire well. Being able to have wings is one of the big things I love about Terraria overall as well and she also has her own wing drop. I haven't played around with her weapons as much, but I'm interested in experimenting with them against Golem, the Martians, Moon Lord and other events. They are pretty cool weapons similar to Fishron's.

Not sure if already asked and I'm too lazy to check, but what's your opinion on master mode?

Not sure if already asked and I'm too lazy to check, but what's your opinion on master mode?

I enjoy it for what it is. It is mostly what I expected with the focus being on enemy stats x3 higher compared to what they are on Normal Mode. All enemies feel legitimately dangerous and it is a similar feel I got from playing Expert Mode the 1st time. The extra accessory slot feels like a very generous bonus and the Relics and Pets make the mode fun.

I can understand how other people wish that it had more changes, such as new enemy AI similar to what Expert Mode gave. It likely would've taken a lot more time for such a thing to happen. I would've enjoyed seeing more environmental hazards such as getting poisoned from entering jungle water and Corruptors gaining the ability to spread corruption with their spit again like they could in 1.1. I still understand why it didn't happen.

It does feel fine without the new AI and mostly being focused on increased enemy stats. Part of it is likely because I enjoy difficulty modes from games overall doing the same thing. On higher difficulties in other games, it feels natural for there to be far stronger enemies and little room for error and it's something I'm used to from the other games I've played. Considering that, Master Mode as it is is enough to satisfy me.

I can understand how other people wish that it had more changes, such as new enemy AI similar to what Expert Mode gave. It likely would've taken a lot more time for such a thing to happen. I would've enjoyed seeing more environmental hazards such as getting poisoned from entering jungle water and Corruptors gaining the ability to spread corruption with their spit again like they could in 1.1. I still understand why it didn't happen.
The "for the worthy" seed sort of does that, and it really should've just been master mode :dryadtongue:

Also what do you think of the Otherworld soundtrack, do you prefer it more than the original?

The "for the worthy" seed sort of does that, and it really should've just been master mode :dryadtongue:

Also what do you think of the Otherworld soundtrack, do you prefer it more than the original?

I'm interested in doing a playthrough using the "for the worthy" seed at some point. It will likely be after I get my fair share of standard Journey Mode and Master Mode.

Really like the Otherworld OST. It is tough to say. Part of it might be due to listening to the original soundtrack for many years, but the atmosphere that the Otherworld OST gives feels pretty incredible. It gives a new feel to the game overall. At the same, I still want to be sure to listen to a lot of the new original soundtrack that got added with this update. Lots of music to choose from. It is pretty amazing and hard to choose!

If you were a terraria boss, which would you be?

Either Duke Fishron or Empress of Light most likely. I feel like I could be either one.

What celestial pillar is most painful to deal with? I think it is Nebula.

I also agree with Nebula. The Floaters can be tricky to dodge due to their teleporting. The Evolution Beast also tends to throw me off guard with its projectile which is hard to notice if you're not paying close attention.

Let's see, that's an interesting question, I'll provide my info here:

Town: Esteria
Address: 7000 CyroRoad Summit Street
Physical Description: Gray-skinned with 3 Purple/Black Eyes, long hair, a Black Kimono, and Crystal Necklace

Now you'll be able to find me easily! :dryadhappy:
What about age?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom