Xbox One Aspect ratio and multiplayer problem.

Brightblade

Terrarian
I've seen multiple people having issues with this and the systematic reply seems to be change you TV settings. I have a Phillips TV that will not let me change aspect ratio on my HDMI input. An in-game setting, which most games have anymore, would be a blessing. I can't see my controls at the bottom, I can't see my current HP, current Item at the top and nothing of my Mana bar to the side.

Multiplayer: I've been playing with my friend on Xbox1. Have to go into his profile and use the 'join game' option to do so. Every time I join his world my map is blank like I've never been in it before. We are 30 hours into his world and every day I go in generally blind not knowing where I have or haven't been so far. It is a brand new world created after patches, updates and everything.

Hope someone has an idea on either of these issues. I know I don't have any solution or work around on the aspect ratio problem. Unless the option to adjust ratio is put into game settings I will have to deal with a chopped screen until I get a new TV. The MP map issue is just depressing. It's not his map saving over my file. It's just a blank map every time I join his game.

TV Make/model: philips tv 32pfl3504d/f7

Screen Cutoff Issue: Let's see if we can try a couple things to get this fixed or get more information. Launch Terraria, and get in game where you can see the issue happening. Then we're going to refer to your TV Manual below and perform some actions.

5LJmuZo.png

• If your press "Format" on your remote and browse through the different options does the issue fix itself? If not what happens when you press format and select the different format options?
  • If you move your HDMI cable for your Xbox into HDMI 1 and then go to "PC Settings" and select "Position Reset" is the effect your describing fixed? If not, does changing the vertical and horizontal position fix your issue?

Map Blank: I've done a little research and there's been several people to report the same issue, lets go over some of their work arounds they discovered to see if any of them fixes your issue. The users have noted that this usually only happens for one world out of their world pool, the rest are unaffected.

1. Create a second character and load in to the world, then explore the map a bit, I would imagine 5 mins or less of exploration would be sufficient. Finally save and exit, now, load into the world as your main character and hopefully the map bug is now fixed. Explore again, for 5 mins, save and exit and then reload into the world to verify if your map was fixed.

2. The clients must use the "Save and Exit" feature before the host does. I imagine this is connected, and the cause, of why step 1 would be relevant and work. The host must save exit only after everyone else connected to them use save and exit and left the world.

3. Again, I believe all these issues are connected to how and when saving is performed. This user suggests turning on autosave as only then there map is saved.

Let me know if any of the information was helpful, if your problem still exists or you need clarification on something I suggested you try be sure to let me know.

If your press "Format" on your remote and browse through the different options does the issue fix itself? If not what happens when you press format and select the different format options?

Every option except "Widescreen" is greyed out of my format options. Hence the reason I said that it will not let me change the aspect ratio. The moment my Xbox1 initializes it defaults adn locks into widescreen mode on my TV.

* So I finally figured out how to fix THAT ^^ I went into My XBOX settings - Display and Sound - Video fidelity and overscan and changed my Connection from 'Auto-detect' to 'HDMI'. This lets me adjust me aspect ratio's, for a time? The moment I back out to the Xbox menu my TV starts to default things back again. Below is a picture of my current best option for a screen. As you can (hopefully) see, I end up with a black border around my whole screen, I can finally see the top and bottom of my screen but the left and right edges continue to be chopped off. The largest issue here is mana. I can't see my mana bar no matter what setting where I fidget with.
20180627_105729.jpg

As for PC settings and the possible map fix, my TV has no such option and the map didn't fix. Neither my main or the new character saved map data when leaving and coming back. I've had auto-save turned on since my first time playing back on the Oldgen's. Spending 6 hours on a game to lose progress because of a power outage or some such thing is upsetting adn happened too often to me lol.

Just to verify, your friend kept the server up the whole time but when you rejoined your characters map still didn't save, right?

As for the screen thing I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully Pipeworks considers adding their own display area setting in game to alleviate peoples woes.

Correct, he opened up his world, I joined with a new character, ran around, died a half dozen times (new char on hardmode world lol), used the save and quit option, loaded up my main, went exploring (fishing quests, mining, etc.), saved, quit, came back in and was a clear map still.

I did notice that when I quit a solo world or one I am hosting one of the items that pops up is "saving map data". When I quit a multiplayer world I only see saving world and character data.

It's depressing the number of nearly game breaking bugs that appeared and haven't been fixed in the most recent updates. The aspect ratio destroys the ability for me to play as a mage, the map is just annoying, but having to backdoor into my friends worlds because their servers seem to be broken feels inexcusable.

It feels like we took a huge step backwards and I really have to wonder exactly what their QA team is paid for lol.

I thank you much for your efforts in trying to help me. At least I figured out how to get the very top adn bottom of my screen to show? 1 out of 3 ain't bad :D

You could get the Mana Flower accessory, that will automatically use a mana pot when you run out of mana.

You aren't the only user to report their map not saving, and not the only user to not be able to use the work around I posted, so I'm hoping Pipeworks eventually nails down the map issue and fixes that as well.

Something to keep in mind is that Relogics current QA team is rather small. Unfortunately there isn't a feasible way of a team that size to encounter every possible bug since most bugs can be hardware and system set up dependent, of which would be limited for them since the variable of hardware and set up can only be as high as the number of systems all the employees own. Which means they rely on having users report bugs and problems so that they can later be patched.

I believe Pipeworks knows about the problem on Xbox One for some TV's since it's in their workaround FAQ. So now it's just about them adding it amongst all the other things they are currently working on.

Back
Top Bottom