Items Asphalt Platforms

Flenditch003

Terrarian
Asphalt in itself is really good for getting around places. Though there is only one form of it, and it's solid blocks. Boss arenas are typically made out of platforms to get up and down with ease but they don't give you the speed boost that asphalt does. I think it would be a good idea if Asphalt Platforms were added into the game because you would be able to use them just like a normal platform and have the same speed boost that normal asphalt blocks have.

You do realize how much this would trivialize bosses, right? There is a reason there are only Asphalt Blocks.

Yes, I do realize that it would make bosses easier in the sense that you can outrun them better. I do think it's fair if you're gonna take the time to craft all the platforms and set up the arena that you can gain that speed benefit from the asphalt. I suppose they could decrease the speed boost for platforms or make the recipe a little harder to balance it out or something like that if necessary.

I would love for there to be asphalt platforms, however they might be a bit overpowered as already said, so perhaps they should have a lower speed boost than the blocks, perhaps 30mph vs 58 or something.

I wonder if there's essentially a way to emulate this, but with right clicking instead of pressing down...

I'll see if I can throw something together with wiring, it shouldn't be too difficult.
Well you could easily wire several levers to actuated asphalt blocks which would somewhat emulate platforms. Or even better use cleverly placed player sensors.

Back
Top Bottom