Weapons & Equip Assassin gear: (Black Belt + Tabi)

Is this something you see being added?

• Sure, why not.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Sounds too easy to get for it's buffs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm on edge about it.

• I don't see this being added.

• Total voters

Finich

Official Terrarian
This might not be a popular opinion but I've always loved Master Ninja Gear, it sounds nice, the effects are good. So I almost always have it. The only problem is that it requires Tiger Climbing Gear, which can be based on big Wooden Crate RNG or luck with wooden chests in your world.

I always find myself having a hard time getting those unless I'm lucky. So there could just be a successor of MNG: Assassin Gear. It's really just Black Belt combined with Tabi and has the effects of those 2. You can then use this in the Master Ninja Gear recipe, rather than Tabi and Black belt.

I don't mind getting MNG, I just find the wall climbing unnecessary once you hit hardmode. After all, you got wings and grapples.

The problem is that nobody will ever save the tiger climbing claws until that moment for combination is reached, because you've combined the two powerfull accessoires already.

No support here

Why not? Well, I never had any problem finding the Tiger Climbing Gear's pieces, but if someone did/does, why not.
The problem is that nobody will ever save the tiger climbing claws until that moment for combination is reached, because you've combined the two powerfull accessoires already.

No support here
Actually I think I would keep Tiger Climbing Gear anyways. As for one, it's one of my favourite pre-hardmode accessory 'cause kitten powers. Another reason is that because the cool looking part of the Master Ninja Gear does come from Tiger Climbing Gear. As for one, I'd be one of the players who'd never craft the Assassin Gear. xD
While I'd never use the Assassin Gear, I'd have no problem with it's existence, it's kinda logical to me. Not important, but it doesn't hurt anyone.
Support? xD

No support here
People may get the cellphone even though they may not care about half of the things it tells you. People may get Ankh Shield even though they won't wear it, or at least not in active accessories. I'd do the same for MNG if at all possible, especially since the tiger climbing effect can help slightly. (Ex: You miss your hook chance with all of your hooks while your falling. You can then grab on with the TCG effect. This happens to me a lot near floating islands.) I do get your point though. Maybe lower the distance of the dash effect with this and have the dodge chance lowered? That way you'd need MNG to get the full effect.
Say the dash is not that faster and farther than Shield of Cthulu dash, and the chance for dodging is 7.5%?

Personally? I'd use MNG a lot more if I didn't have the unwanted wall grappling. I would be more likely to use a Tabi/Black Belt combo than the full MNG.

Back
Top Bottom