icon.png

For tmodLoader version: 1.4.4
Most recent Mod version: 1.4.6.2

Authors:
Harblesnargits: Artist, Idea Guy
direwolf420: Coder, Idea Guy

Click To Visit This Mod's Wiki
Click To View This Mod's Steam Workshop Page
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Is This Mod?

Assorted Crazy Things (or ACT for short) is a mod that aims to implement a wide variety of content, ranging from the mundane to the humorous. Over the years, this mod grew wildly in size from a small mod to a large collection of fun ideas, thanks to the introduction of a very patient and heavily-overworked coder. With the eventual full release of tModLoader for 1.4, we've been working hard to bring this mod to 1.4. Now, let's skip the fluff and go straight into the meat of the mod.

This mod contains a wide range of pets. No, seriously; we've got a lot of em. Each pet was given a unique recipe, location, or acquisition method that fits the pet, and some have been hidden behind interesting recipes. Be sure to ask the Guide for help when you see that something is listed as a material! One of the major attractions of the mod is the Cute Slime pets; a collection of slime NPCs that resemble cute girls. In regards to their art, we went a little overboard in making sure they had unique designs and expressive faces. On the coding side, we made sure that they had customization available in the form of costume parts that can be crafted with silk. Show the Guide some silk and look at the bottom of the list for a knitting set; these are used to make those costume parts. We also added a way to customize some of the other pets, so be sure to check out our wiki for an explanation on that aspect if you're interested!

CuteSlime.PNG
CuteMagician.PNG

He Smiles.PNG

Pets are not the only thing we offer in Assorted Crazy Things. We have a wide variety of interesting equipment, ranging from summoned mechanical drones to shoes that make you slip and slide! We have a bunch of accessories fit for helping struggling players to defeat a difficult boss to a variety of vanity balloons, an assortment of simple yet entertaining weapons ranging from pocket sand that confuses weak enemies to a backpack full of slimy companions, and even a suit of armor fit for a reckless summoner. We are primarily focused on summoner-themed content, as I personally enjoy making monster sprites, but we've got a bit of content for melee, ranged, and magic as well.

ItemsTempImage.PNG

Finally, we come to another aspect that I've just hinted at; monsters! Initially, this mod was small and only had a handful of vanilla sprite edits. Now, we've expanded quite a bit from the basic modded enemies into having a plethora of interesting monsters. Specifically of the slime variety, but there are several enemies that fill a few interesting niches while remaining as inoffensive as possible. You may even mistake some of them for vanilla entities, as I've tried my best to make sure that they fit in with the vanilla game aesthetic. For a bit of fun, we've set up many of these monsters so that you can capture them with a bug net. These specific enemies are simple-minded, and they will become your pet when captured with said net. Not all monsters are so friendly, of course. Especially not one that you may encounter after diving into the dungeon.

TotallyNotABadBird.PNG

The concept of this mod was to have an assortment of crazy things. We've stuck true to that, as the majority of our content was thought up on the spot. We have no real aim, no narrative to tell, and no agenda to follow. If we come up with something and we like it in the overall scheme, it gets made. Usually at the expense of a certain coder's sanity, but still. Dive in to Assorted Crazy Things, and enjoy a large amount of non-intrusive additions to the world of Terraria!

NEW IN 1.4.1: We've got our first cross-mod compatibility! The creator of The Amulet Of Many Minions: Combat Pets! was kind enough to work with us to set up this compatibility. Most of our pets are now capable of swapping between pet and minion at any Demon Altar!

Note: The 1.3 version of Assorted Crazy Things will remain as it once was. It will not be updated any longer, as we have focused heavily on updating for 1.4.
Click here for the 1.3 wiki!

Last edited:
EDIT: Found a problematic flaw with the mod after uploading. Don't worry about the details, it's fixed when you update! I promise!

Update 11/26; Mod received a bit of love. Got a bunch of folks who said spawns were overwhelming, and I had to agree. Full changelog in the opening post's pastebin.

- New Monsters
- Lower spawn rates for everything (Please let me know how it is!)
- Still no flamethrower or rifle like I initially listed!

@RiverOaken : I don't do discord that often, so I won't make a discord right now, but I have a name I use somewhat sparingly. I'll send it to you via whispers so we can try to work something out.

Last edited:
Is this the mod that has the wanderer's journal? Trying to remember what mod it is because I can't use it.

These sprites are beautiful! You should feel proud. ^_^ I am most definitely going to be keeping track of this delightful mod. I can't wait to see what you do with those slime girls. Why do I have this feeling that they would be animals or pets?

*Installs mod* Gets swarmed by every type of slime girl that exists in the mod currently(I think), loves life. Blue, pink, raibow, black and purple right? I love you for this! Thank you for making the world more fun to explore! I now need to get those other pets...

EDIT: Can someone make a "I support" banner for this mod please?

Mod updated to version 1.1.2! New icon, new content, and more! Word of early warning; The mod will be undergoing a bit of an internal name change soon, and that requires a new mod altogether. This is for future mod pack reasons, should it ever be included. Right now, I have a stupid filename that has nothing to do with the mod's title, but I'll be rectifying that soon-ish. This release will warn you about that, as well as let you know the details when you load up a character.

Full changelog for this update: (Also in opening post)
Code:
December 02, 2018
NEWS:
   - Teamed up with the dev of ItemMagnetPlus!
     - All the new coding is thanks to him!
   - Due to changes in code, all previously obtained items are now obsolete.
     - You'll need to reobtain all the stuff you previously found.
     - This is for a better future.
   - Due to changes in code, the current version 1.1 will be the last update.
     - You will need to download a newer mod with the same name in the future.
     - You can stay on version 1.1, but I greatly suggest downloading the future update as well.
     - This change is to help my coder do things easier on his end. My coding was...atrocious.
   - Major changes to various things!
     - I probably missed something, but know that there's a lot of changes for the better!

ADDITIONS:
   - Foldfish boss implemented!
     - Spawned by using an Origami Manual, dropped uncommonly by Animated Tome.
     - Drops two vanity items; Origami Hat and Origami Crane.
     - It's a joke boss based on a typo during discussions while working on coding.
   - Breath of Spazmatism implemented!
   - Sight of Retinazer implemented!
   - Chunky's Eye, an NPC that spawns from Chunky when it is defeated! Catch it with a net!
   - Meatball's Eye, an NPC that spawns from Meatball when it is defeated! Catch it with a net!
   - Cute Christmas Slime, a seasonal Cute Slime with a ribbon with a matching pet! Catch it with a net!
   - Cute Gastropod, a harmless new addition to the Hallow with a matching pet! Catch it with a net!
   - Young Harpy, a harmless new addition to the Sky with a matching pet! Catch it with a net!
   - Megalodon pets! Defeat each Megalodon for a pet!

CHANGES:
   - Animated Tome overhauled
     - Spawn rate fixed, only two Tome NPCs now
     - One tome changes color every time it spawns, rather than a bunch of recolored NPCs
     - Both tomes give off sparkles as they fly
       - Animated Tome has cloudy blue sparkles
       - Animated Spell Tome has more subdued golden sparkles
   - Bass and Cloudfish now attempt to flee when you enter the water
   - Walking Chest and Walking Tombstones actually walk at night now.
   - All variants of Demon Eye are now affected by the Demon Eye Banner
   - Mini Ocram overhauled.
     - Announces when it spawns
     - Now fires Demon Scythes, and attacks through walls
     - Has an after image effect
   - Deep Salamander now attacks faster
   - Little Megalodon overhauled
     - Stats redone to not be so unreasonable
     - Hitbox reduced as to not telepathically kill you
     - Now drops a Small Megalodon Tooth, which summons a cute little shark that follows you
   - Megalodon overhauled
     - Moves Slower than other sharks
     - Now drops a Large Megalodon Tooth, which summons a cute "tiny" Megalodon that follows you
   - Everburning Candle accessories now show dust when used with many weapons
     - There are some weapons that don't show dust, but the debuffs will still be applied normally
     - Vanilla examples include Minishark, Chlorophyte Shotbow, and Vampire Knives
   - Breath of Spazmatism finally working
     - Fires MUCH faster than a regular flamethrower
     - 33% chance to not consume ammo. You'll run out very fast otherwise
     - Uses Gel as ammo
   - Infinity Rocket doesn't always destroy tiles when used
     - Snowman Cannon is an exception, as it destroys blocks by default
   - Major code cleanup
     - I got slapped on the wrist for my poor naming convention
   - Fixed some typos

Edit; I also updated my avatar, though that's unimportant and not interesting news.

Double Edit: I know it's a bit silly to release an update only for the update to be obsolete later with a new filename. I just felt like releasing what was out right now for those who wanted to try out the new stuff while the tedious reworkings are being done behind the scenes.

Triple Edit: New name is up. Download the latest version with the GOLDEN border from now on!

Last edited:
View attachment 214081 WELCOME TO ASSORTED CRAZY THINGSView attachment 214081
Most recent version: 1.1.2

Welcome to Assorted Crazy Things, my second time modding in Terraria. My first time ended in failure as I lost everything, and had to start fresh. Start fresh I did, as I managed to put together a new WIP mod full of wonderful and delightful things.

WHAT THIS MOD DOES;
This mod adds quite a few different things to the game, be it monsters, critters, accessories, or whatever else. There's a lot! As this is an early release, I want to make it clear that what I've made is not perfect. Nothing is ever perfect. As of now, you can expect things to simply work. Most of my monsters have low spawn rates as not to disrupt a normal playthrough too much, and my items are not balanced in a way that makes the game unfair. At least, that is the goal. I want to add to the game without detracting from it, and that is a difficult challenge.

SAMPLE OF THE CONTENTS:
View attachment 213959
Minor typo: 36 pets. Too lazy to fix.
View attachment 213960

GEE WILIKERS BATMAN, THAT'S A LOT OF STUFF:
You're right on that. I spent a lot of time just goofing around, having fun, asking of my peers, and finding ways to make things become things. That's not all though; I plan to add MORE.

MOD CONFLICTS: None so far.

MULTIPLAYER STATUS: Not Tested.

COMING SOON: A big update that includes bug fixes, a few more faces, and more...

This post was recently edited with what I have SO FAR on my end, and does not reflect the current state of the mod. Expect an update in December!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can download this mod on the Mod Browser, under the name "Assorted Crazy Things".
Click To View Full Mod Contents.
LAST UPDATE: December 02, 2018​
Current Changelog:
Code:
December 02, 2018
NEWS:
   - Teamed up with the dev of ItemMagnetPlus!
     - All the new coding is thanks to him!
   - Due to changes in code, all previously obtained items are now obsolete.
     - You'll need to reobtain all the stuff you previously found.
     - This is for a better future.
   - Due to changes in code, the current version 1.1 will be the last update.
     - You will need to download a newer mod with the same name in the future.
     - You can stay on version 1.1, but I greatly suggest downloading the future update as well.
     - This change is to help my coder do things easier on his end. My coding was...atrocious.
   - Major changes to various things!
     - I probably missed something, but know that there's a lot of changes for the better!

ADDITIONS:
   - Foldfish boss implemented!
     - Spawned by using an Origami Manual, dropped uncommonly by Animated Tome.
     - Drops two vanity items; Origami Hat and Origami Crane.
     - It's a joke boss based on a typo during discussions while working on coding.
   - Breath of Spazmatism implemented!
   - Sight of Retinazer implemented!
   - Chunky's Eye, an NPC that spawns from Chunky when it is defeated! Catch it with a net!
   - Meatball's Eye, an NPC that spawns from Meatball when it is defeated! Catch it with a net!
   - Cute Christmas Slime, a seasonal Cute Slime with a ribbon with a matching pet! Catch it with a net!
   - Cute Gastropod, a harmless new addition to the Hallow with a matching pet! Catch it with a net!
   - Young Harpy, a harmless new addition to the Sky with a matching pet! Catch it with a net!
   - Megalodon pets! Defeat each Megalodon for a pet!

CHANGES:
   - Animated Tome overhauled
     - Spawn rate fixed, only two Tome NPCs now
     - One tome changes color every time it spawns, rather than a bunch of recolored NPCs
     - Both tomes give off sparkles as they fly
       - Animated Tome has cloudy blue sparkles
       - Animated Spell Tome has more subdued golden sparkles
   - Bass and Cloudfish now attempt to flee when you enter the water
   - Walking Chest and Walking Tombstones actually walk at night now.
   - All variants of Demon Eye are now affected by the Demon Eye Banner
   - Mini Ocram overhauled.
     - Now fires Demon Scythes, and attacks through walls
     - Has an after image effect
   - Deep Salamander now attacks faster
   - Little Megalodon overhauled
     - Now drops a Small Megalodon Tooth, which summons a cute little shark that follows you
   - Megalodon overhauled
     - Moves Slower than other sharks
     - Now drops a Large Megalodon Tooth, which summons a cute "tiny" Megalodon that follows you
   - Everburning Candle accessories now show dust when used with many weapons
     - There are some weapons that don't show dust, but the debuffs will still be applied normally
     - Vanilla examples include Minishark, Chlorophyte Shotbow, and Vampire Knives
   - Breath of Spazmatism finally working
     - Fires MUCH faster than a regular flamethrower
     - 33% chance to not consume ammo. You'll run out very fast otherwise
     - Uses Gel as ammo
   - Infinity Rocket doesn't always destroy tiles when used
     - Snowman Cannon is an exception, as it destroys blocks by default
   - Major code cleanup
     - I got slapped on the wrist for my poor naming convention
   - Fixed some typos

Previous Changelogs:
November 26, 2018 Changelog
ADDITIONS:
- Enemy - Bass, harmless critter, town water. Drops Bass.
- Enemy - Lil' Reaver, weak ocean enemy. Very rarely drops Reaver Shark.
- Enemy - Lil' Sawtooth, weak ocean enemy. Very rarely drops Sawtooth Shark.
- Enemy - Lil' Whale, weak ocean enemy.
- Enemy - Little Megalodon, a much bigger shark. Hits much harder than a shark. Very rare spawn.
- Enemy - Megalodon, a much bigger Little Megalodon. WILL kill you if it catches you. EXTREMELY rare spawn.
- Pet - Young Wyvern, crafted from a Wyverntail at any Workbench.
- Accessory - Everburning Candle, causes all player damage to also inflict fire damage.
- Accessory - Everburning Cursed Candle, causes all player damage to also inflict cursed fire damage.
- Accessory - Everfrozen Candle, causes all player damage to also inflict frostburn damage.
- Accessory - Everburning Shadow Candle, causes all player damage to also inflict shadowflame damage.
CHANGES:
- Whale Shark damage reduced to 0. They're gentle in real life, after all.
- Whale Shark now has gore that matches its appearance.
- Enemy spawn rates reduced, as they were too common.
IN DEVELOPMENT:
- Pet - Cute Gastropod.
- Pet - Cute Harpy.
- Weapon - Breath of Spazmatism. Flamethrower coding still baffles me.
- Weapon - Sight of Retinazer. It's basically done, but I want it to release with Breath of Spasmatism.
but is it compatible with calamity mod?
i really want this, but is it compatible?

The gold, silver, and reflective dyes (and probably other metallic/shiny dyes) do not appear to affect the slime girls. Or rather, they do recolor them, but don't add any shine effects to them.

The gold, silver, and reflective dyes (and probably other metallic/shiny dyes) do not appear to affect the slime girls. Or rather, they do recolor them, but don't add any shine effects to them.

works right now for me, though the dev build is ahead by a few changes, also to the slime girls. http://prntscr.com/lu074u

EDIT: just tested with the current available version and I see the problem. Should be fixed next update

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom