tModLoader Assorted Crazy Things; A Mod Full of Crazy Things

works right now for me, though the dev build is ahead by a few changes, also to the slime girls. http://prntscr.com/lu074u

EDIT: just tested with the current available version and I see the problem. Should be fixed next update

Alright, thanks. Another idea though, may be to add some gold and silver slime girls that use the shine effect. Design wise, the silver one could have a tiara, while the gold one has a crown and holds a scepter.

Updated to 1.2.0, a major content update with plenty of new things. My icon spoils a few things, but there's new pets, new enemies, new code, and more! Update via the mod browser and enjoy! direwolf420 and I have been hard at work on this since early December, and we took a bit longer than anticipated to update, but it's all up and running now! Even better is that we verified that everything works in Multiplayer, and we've tested major content mods with our mod; no conflicts or errors have been found!

If you find any game-breaking bugs, things that bump too hard in the night, or feel as if something is overtuned, let us know here.

EDIT: Pushed a small bug fix. Nothing worth mentioning, but it wasn't meant to be.

EDIT 2: Pushed another small update to fix some issues with Soul Harvester, as well as added support for Soul Harvester to show up in Boss Checklist.

Last edited:
Small update; pushed a few tiny fixes. Accidentally left a debug message in, so that was removed. Also fixed the candle dusts, so they now show up properly in multiplayer. Changes can be seen in the changelog on the first post.

So i was told to bring a bug net to the dungeon...
I encountered the soul harvester, kept souls from reaching it, then died. Now everything i kill everywhere drops dungeon souls. Is this intended? Also, how do i encounter it again?
EDIT: Got the message again, bug report still stands.

So i was told to bring a bug net to the dungeon...
I encountered the soul harvester, kept souls from reaching it, then died. Now everything i kill everywhere drops dungeon souls. Is this intended? Also, how do i encounter it again?
EDIT: Got the message again, bug report still stands.
We forgot to make it so it also disappears when no players are alive anymore, will be fixed next update, in a few days.
Craft an Idol of Decay and use it in the dungeon

We forgot to make it so it also disappears when no players are alive anymore, will be fixed next update, in a few days.
Craft an Idol of Decay and use it in the dungeon
I've been getting the message to bring the bug net every night, so i don't need that. But thanks for the quick fix!
And i fought it once but my enemy modifiers mod made it huge and difficult to fight in the dungeon's stairwell. I guess i'll have to get better gear and try again.

I've been getting the message to bring the bug net every night, so i don't need that. But thanks for the quick fix!
And i fought it once but my enemy modifiers mod made it huge and difficult to fight in the dungeon's stairwell. I guess i'll have to get better gear and try again.
care to share what the mod is so we can add it to the "incompatible with" list? I was suspecting something like that would come up sooner or later
Edit: if it's Prefixes For Enemies, then unfortunately there is no blacklist support for that, the mod is also fairly old so it won't be added any time soon
Edit2: Put some hardcoded fixes for the size of the NPC to not change even when affected by Prefixes for Enemies, so it does't break pathing and other stuff

Last edited:
New update is out! A unique armor set that rewards reckless endangerment of your own life, a summon weapon with a bunch of cute minions you can possibly draw, and more! We went a bit overboard with this one, but we made a lot of fun things. Mad props to direwolf420 for putting up with my nonsense in this one.

Code:
-------------
FEB 08, 2019
-------------
We actually did a lot more than we planned for this update, as it was originally just going to be a small update. That clearly didn't happen! We may have missed some things on the changelog, but rest assured that nothing was broken (hopefully)!
- FIXES
   - Adjusted names and tooltips so that they say the correct things
   - Crystal Serpent (NPC) now properly drops the Crystal Serpent weapon
   - Spawned Companion Soul from the Sigil of Emergency now despawns properly on player death
   - Soul Harvester now despawns if all players die while in his first two forms
   - Soul Harvester now does not scale in size in conjunction with the mod "Prefixes For Enemies"

- CHANGES
   - ACCESSORIES
     - Updated Tooltips for accessories dropped by Soul Harvester
     - Halved summon damage increase of Sigil of Emergency

- ARMOR
     - Updated Soul Harvester Mask sprite

- NPCS
     - Bladetongue received a sprite update
       - Now looks cute(?)
     - Bloated Bait Thief received a minor sprite update
     - Bloated Bait Thief now flees when the player enters the water near it
     - Cute Slime NPCs received a minor sprite update
     - Stone Soldier received a minor overhaul
       - Now attacks while moving rather than stopping to swing
       - Attack damage reduced to balance his new mobility
       - Now capable of jumping
       - Gets stuck far less often
     - Toxikarp received a sprite update

- CONSUMABLES
     - Empowerment Flask no longer resets if you avoid damage via Titanium Armor

- PETS
     - Cute Christmas Hat received a sprite update
       - Also matches the Cute Slime it fits on
     - Cute Crowns, both Gold and Platinum, recevied a minor sprite update
       - Also matches the Cute Slime it fits on
     - Cute Slime Pets received a minor sprite update
       - This allows for easier customization for Cute Slime accessories
     - Unconscious Demon Eye (Red, Eye) renamed to Docile Demon Eye
     - Unconscious Demon Eye pets' recipes removed
       - They will be phased out in the future, see Additions below
     - Unconscious Demon Eye pets now craft into Docile Demon Eye, so please swap over when you can
       - They will be phased out in the future, see Additions below
     - Young Wyvern animations updated
       - Now runs on the ground with you instead of flying all the time

- PET ACCESSORIES
     - All pet accessories now show tooltips that explain where the item is equipped
     - Legacy appearance for Cute Slimes will no longer show accessories
       - This is due to how the accessories are designed around the new slimes instead

- ADDITIONS
   - Added Companion Soul
     - Pet version of the Light Pet, allowing you to have two souls follow you now
     - Same crafting recipe as the light pet
   - Added Everhallowed Lantern
     - 28 summon damage (Default)
     - Extremely weak knockback (Default)
     - Uses 10 mana
     - Summons a Soul to fight for you
     - Right click to cycle through available forms
     - Fight mechanical bosses to unlock new minions
       - Freed : Default, as strong as two of Everglow Lantern's minions
       - Might : Post-Destroyer, highest damage and knockback
       - Sight : Post-Twins, clings to enemies and can inflict Cursed Inferno
       - Fright : Post-Skeletron Prime, can inflict Ichor or Poison on hit
     - Recipe: Crafted at any Hardmode Anvil with Everglow Lantern x1 + Soul of Light x5 + Soul of Night x5
   - Added Green Thumb, a consolation prize for losing to Plantera too often
     - 15% reduced damage taken from Plantera
     - Immunity to poison while Plantera is alive
     - 'git gud'
     - Awarded after losing to Plantera 5 times in a row
   - Added Harvester Wings
     - Allows flight and slowfall
     - Increases your max number of minions
       - One extra minion
     - 5% increased summon damage
     - Crafted at any Hardmode Anvil with Bone x25 + Soul of Flight x10 + Freed Dungeon Soul x10 + Desiccated Leather x2
   - Added Legendary Wooden Sword
     - Same stats as Iron Shortsword
     - Weak weapon that drops from false sword shrines
     - Joke weapon
   - Added True Legendary Wooden Sword
     - Same stats as Cobalt Sword
     - Fires an arcing projectile that's pretty weak
     - Recipe: Crafted at any Hardmode Anvil with Legendary Wooden Sword x1 + Broken Hero Sword x1
     - Joke weapon
   - Added Slime Handler's Knapsack
     - 36 summon damage
     - Weak knockback
     - Uses 10 mana
     - Summons a friendly Slime from your Knapsack to fight for you
       - 17 possible slimes with both spiked and non-spiked variants
     - Recipe: Crafted at any Hardmode Anvil with Slime Crown x1 + Gel x999 + Soul of Light x10 + Soul of Night x10
   - Added Soul Savior Garb armor set
     - Hardmode armor crafted post-Plantera
     - Set Bonus: Reflects contact damage based on the number of total available minion slots and your minion damage increase
   - Added Slime Beacon
     - Placeable object that activates the Slime Rain background
     - Sold by Party Girl after defeating King Slime
   - Added Demon Eye Lens Case
     - Use to switch your Docile Demon Eye pet's appearance
       - Cycles through twelve appearances
       - Unconscious Demon Eye pets will be removed in the next build
       - Make sure to switch over to Docile Demon Eye before then
     - Recipe: Crafted at any Anvil with Lens x11
   - Added Tiny Prince's Tiny Crown
     - Use it to add or remove a crown from your Lifelike Mechanical Frog
     - Recipe: Crafted at any Anvil with Gold Bar x1
   - Added Abeemination
     - A cute little Abeemination pet that follows you around
     - Recipe: Crafted at a Demon Altar with Abeemination x1 + Life Fruit x1
   - Added Pigronata pet
     - A pigronata you chose not to bust
     - Crafted at a Demon Altar with Pigronata x1 + Life Fruit x1
   - Added Queen Larva
     - A tiny Queen Bee larva that happily follows behind you
     - Drops from Queen Bee on any difficulty
   - Added Cobballoon
     - Vanity accessory
     - Recipe: Crafted at a Tinkerer's Workbench with Shiny Red Balloon x1 + White String x1 + Stone Block x25
   - Added gore to several enemies
     - Giant Golden Grasshopper
     - Giant Grasshopper
     - Soul Harvester
     - Stone Soldier
     - Unfortunate Delver
     - Walking Chest
     - Walking Tombstone

- REMOVALS
   - Baby Ocram no longer has a crafting recipe

Also, we have a public github now! Feel free to berate our sprites and coding! Link is in the original post.

No need to do that! I use prefixes for enemies specifically for crazy situations like that. It didn't break pathing at all. I was just in a cramped area so the modifier made things situationally worse. I found it funny.

Also prefixes for enemies is no longer out of date, i don't think. The author changed hands.

No need to do that! I use prefixes for enemies specifically for crazy situations like that. It didn't break pathing at all. I was just in a cramped area so the modifier made things situationally worse. I found it funny.

Also prefixes for enemies is no longer out of date, i don't think. The author changed hands.
The size fix was long overdue due to how its AI chases souls, they should all have the same size for it to work. And the actual boss had to have its scale fixed so its talons align with its model properly
And Prefixes For Enemies has had its ownership changed, but checking their github showed no activity as of late

Will you add more slimes ? Like, for example, biome-related slimes ? It would be cool to meet an creepy "cute" crimson slime or an puffy cute snow slime, or even seeing the sandy texture of an sand cute slime

Is it possible for the Everhallowed Lantern to tap into Enigma's 3 Steamwork bosses as well, seeing as they're mechanical?
I see the connection, but we want to keep cross-interactions with other mods at a minimum. The Everhallowed Lantern will get a cool new UI for selecting souls in the next update though, so stay tuned!

I see the connection, but we want to keep cross-interactions with other mods at a minimum. The Everhallowed Lantern will get a cool new UI for selecting souls in the next update though, so stay tuned!

Thanks. It's just that I'm a honored man in terms of cross-mod interactions (I am one of the Co-Authors of AlchemistNPC via means of suggestion and on-field study), but if you want to keep the cross-mod to a minimum, I understand

Updated the mod! We went a tad overboard, but lots of cool stuff this time around. Major props to the Ammobox+ devs for giving us pointers on how to make the sprite selector tool!

Code:
* FIXES
   * Sigil of Emergency also spawns a helper soul when damaged by a hostile projectile
   * Everhallowed Lantern selection doesn't despawn the last spawned minion anymore
   * Everhallowed Lantern works as expected when used in pre-HM
   * Pet Vanity now properly syncs in multiplayer
   * Pet Vanity now properly aligns in the rare cases it didn't
   * Empowering Flask buff now applies to already summoned minions
   * Adjusted many things behind the scenes to make stuff work better
   * Strange Slime now spawns in one of four variations as intended
   * Improved Dungeon Soul spawning during the Harvester boss fight, as well as the conversion from inert to awakened when killed
   * Fixed unexpected PvP bug with candle accessories; will not apply debuffs on enemy players

* CHANGES
   * Bottled Cute Slimes are now named "Bottled Cute (color) Slime" now
   * Cute Slime enemies and Cute Slime pets look 1:1 when next to one another now
   * Flying Spider is now smaller and less horrifying
     * It's still the stuff of nightmares though
   * Everhallowed Lantern has a new UI for picking which soul you wish to summon
     * Right Click while the Everhallowed Lantern is selected to see all possible minions
     * Minions you can not use will tell you how to unlock them
   * Pet vanity items that changed the entire sprite have rolled into one new item; Costume Suitcase
     * Previous items associated with the above pets are no longer craftable
     * You may craft those that you still have into the new Costume Suitcase
   * Soul Savior Armor set bonus now also empowers minions summoned by the Everhallowed Lantern (30% damage increase)
   * Increased jump height of Harvester's first stage
   * Soul of Sight minion summoned by the Everhallowed Lantern now has increased invincibility frame length by 40%, but causes the 'Cursed Inferno' twice as often
   * Stone Soldier health reduced by 50% and spawn rate reduced by 20%

* ADDITIONS
   * Configuration File
     * Added a config file found in your "ModLoader/Mod Configs/" folder
       * You can disable or enable certain content here
       * Read the Wiki entry for more information
   * Pet Vanity
     * Added Costume Suitcase, an item that lets you pick appearances for any eligible pet from this mod
       * Crafted at any Anvil with Iron Bar x10 + Silk x50
       * Can also be crafted using one of the previous pet vanity items
     * Added new appearances to several pets, found when using the Costume Suitcase
       * Abeemination
       * Cursed Skull
       * Docile Demon Eye
       * Lil' Wraps
       * Mini Fishron
       * Personal Moon
       * Pigronata
       * Queen Larva
       * Vampire Bat
       * Young Harpy
       * Young Wyvern
     * Added new costumes for Cute Slimes
       * Cute Knight Helmet
       * Cute Knight Shield
       * Cute Knight Sword
       * Cute Knight Wizard Hat
       * Cute Paladin's Mace
       * Cute Spartan's Spear
   * Pets
     * Several modded enemies can now be captured as pets
       * Chunky
       * Fairy Slime
       * Horned Slime
       * Joyous Slime
       * Meatball
       * Ocean Slime
       * Sting Slime (both colors)
       * Turtle Slime
     * Several vanilla enemies can now drop new pets
       * Any Mummy can drop Gilded Coffin
       * Duke Fishron drops Soggy Fish Cake
       * King Slime drops Bottled Prince Slime
       * Illuminant Slime drops Bottled Illuminant Slime
       * Rainbow Slime drops Bottled Rainbow Slime
       * Wall of Flesh drops Wall Fragment
     * Several new pets can now be crafted
       * Bottled Moon, a miniature version of your world's current moon
         * Crafted at a Crystal Ball with Bottle x1 + Moon Stone x1 + Sextant x1
       * Bottled Sun, a miniature version of your world's current sun
         * Crafted at a Crystal Ball with Bottle x1 + Sun Stone x1 + Hellstone x25
       * Bottled Sun and Moon, a combination of both the Bottled Moon and Bottled Sun
         * Crafted at a Crystal Ball with Bottled Moon x1 + Bottled Sun x1
       * Healing Drone, a light pet which heals you for 0.75 HP/s when under 50% health
         * Crafted at any Hardmode Anvil with Drone Parts x1 + Wire Bulb x1 + Life Crystal x1 + Wire x5 + Cog x5
   * Weapons
     * Added Guide Voodoorang, a boomerang version of the Guide Voodoo Doll
       * Crafted at a Demon Altar with Guide Voodoo Doll x1
       * Functions as a normal boomerang
       * Functions as a normal Guide Voodoo Doll when it touches lava
         * The item stays in your inventory, but the projectile disappears rather than returning to you
   * Vanity Armor
     * Added Pretty Mask
       * Crafted at a Loom with Silk x50 + Red Husk x1
       * 'Goes well with a red scarf, red gloves, red boots, and your birthday suit'

* REMOVALS
   * Removed all instances of Unconscious Demon Eye pets and items
   * Removed crafting recipes for the following items:
     * Demon Eye Contact Case
     * Tiny Prince's Tiny Crown
   * The following content will be removed in the next update:
     * Demon Eye Contact Case
     * Tiny Prince's Tiny Crown

* MISC
   * Updated the wiki found on our Github
   * Homepage is now our Github repository
     * The wiki's homepage has a link to our thread on the Terraria forums, if you need to report issues
   * You can now report issues ingame if you have "Mod Helpers" installed

Bug report:
Massive Bundle of Balloons doesn't provide the bee-on-damage buff of the honeyed balloon, an ancestral crafting component.

Request:
Star in a balloon (And Star Wisp Balloon) currently doesn't provide the Star in a Bottle environmental buff. I can't tell if it grants innate regen or not, but if it does then a player could benefit from stacking a star (wisp/in a) balloon with a placed star in a bottle. If possible, please fix the items to provide the same buff to the player (and nearby players). I think i remember you saying at the initial time of request you couldn't get it to apply the buff, I wasn't sure if that's something that changed with skill or time.

Request:
Combine Magic Carpet with Balloons or Shoes, (or both... inflatable hightops? Pumped-up Kicks?). If the Frog Leg is a value that doesn't overlap rather than just adding base Jump height, throw that in, too.

Bug report:
Massive Bundle of Balloons doesn't provide the bee-on-damage buff of the honeyed balloon, an ancestral crafting component.

Will be fixed next update.

Request:
Star in a balloon (And Star Wisp Balloon) currently doesn't provide the Star in a Bottle environmental buff. I can't tell if it grants innate regen or not, but if it does then a player could benefit from stacking a star (wisp/in a) balloon with a placed star in a bottle. If possible, please fix the items to provide the same buff to the player (and nearby players). I think i remember you saying at the initial time of request you couldn't get it to apply the buff, I wasn't sure if that's something that changed with skill or time.

Currently it does stack with "star in a bottle" buff, the implementation next update will be so it doesn't stack. The buff icon will not show still, so it doesn't waste both an accessory slot and a buff slot

Back
Top Bottom