tModLoader Assorted Crazy Things; A Mod Full of Crazy Things

Since the last update that introduced the Jellied Ale, the cute slimes have stopped spawning completely for me, even when the Jellied Ale is used. The only way I can get them to spawn is to change the config to spawn without the jellied ale.

Since the last update that introduced the Jellied Ale, the cute slimes have stopped spawning completely for me, even when the Jellied Ale is used. The only way I can get them to spawn is to change the config to spawn without the jellied ale.
Make sure you don't have any town NPCs nearby. What does the buff of the ale say when you mouse over it? Check on the wiki for the spawn conditions and see if they are satisfied: Werebearguy/AssortedCrazyThings

What does the buff of the ale say when you mouse over it? This is important. You can also check the spawnrates yourself by download "Modders Toolkit" (found on the mod browser), and run this:
If this doesnt show anything with the config disabling spawns, and having the ale active, disable a bunch of mods until they spawn again

Last edited:
Then the spawn conditions aren't satisfied, ale or not. Try in a proper biome like forest or desert. Rule of thumb: If you see regular vanilla slimes spawning, then the modded ones can

Code:
Main.dayTime && player.ZoneOverworldHeight && player.townNPCs < 3f && !Utils.EvilBiome(player);

These are the conditions for regular ones to spawn. Daytime, overworld, no town NPCs, and not a single evil block in sight (that counts hallow)

Does player.townNPCs return the number of NPCs near you, or worldwide? If its the latter, then it means the slimes will never spawn anywhere once you get a town going.

I think I've figured out what's going on. The Vending Machines mod by JPAN works by placing an invisible NPC over the vending machine, which opens a shop when activated. Will test real quick.

Placing vending machines doesn't change any spawning behavior as far as I've seen. Did you try the spawning tool from Modders Toolkit? Also try the mod in isolation on a new world

So, I had an idea for this mod. Basically, change the bottles for the cute slimes to be placeable as furniture, and when a bottle is placed it will spawn a cute slime as an NPC that would act as a kind of villager/npc, though would not show up in the housing interface [since that's controlled by the placed bottle].

For anyone that wants to play this mod with Terraria Overhaul at the same time: I released a fix for this on the current version of this mod, you can download it [here]
If any issues with this mod are still present, reply

Back
Top Bottom