tModLoader Assorted Mods by Ef

Simple Auto Chests: Do you prefer "elaborate" names for the chests or simpler ones?

• Elaborate

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Simple

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You could use this guide or Boss Checklist to see at least a general idea for progression of difficulty. May not be the most accurate but oh well.

I could take a look at the code and see if I can figure out something with my basic C# knowledge but for the love of God don't count on me as I probably won't be able to assist at all but at least there's a chance, right?

This page from the tModloader documentation discusses cross-mod content, which is just what I'm looking to do. But I have to find what the internal names of all the mod items are, so I'll have to ask the developers for those once I know what I need.

This page from the tModloader documentation discusses cross-mod content, which is just what I'm looking to do. But I have to find what the internal names of all the mod items are, so I'll have to ask the developers for those once I know what I need.
Right, the internal names may not be similar to the display names, you're right. You could get lucky and find out some of them but it's better just to ask the actual Mod Devs, correct?

Right, the internal names may not be similar to the display names, you're right. You could get lucky and find out some of them but it's better just to ask the actual Mod Devs, correct?

Actually, I was able to find them by using the Mod Reader tool. Even if the source is hidden, it gives a list of all the files included, which correspond to the internal names. I may be able to do this more easily than I thought!

Actually, I was able to find them by using the Mod Reader tool. Even if the source is hidden, it gives a list of all the files included, which correspond to the internal names. I may be able to do this more easily than I thought!
Wait, it still shows the internal names for each one even if the source is hidden? That's pretty handy. You only needed the internal names though, right?

EDIT: Just tried the ModReader as well, that's very useful

Wait, it still shows the internal names for each one even if the source is hidden? That's pretty handy. You only needed the internal names though, right?

EDIT: Just tried the ModReader as well, that's very useful

As long as the mods I'm working with have accurate wikis, then yes, that's all I need.

Just got my hands on the latest version of SAC. Mod support, such a fantastic addition.

I couldn't help but notice that the mod doesn't support certain bosses from Calamity, correct? Couldn't you just find the recipe, make a consumable version of the boss summoning item (or even just a placeholder that doesn't even summon the boss but would be usable by the Boss Farmer anyway) and add support for that item instead or something?

Just got my hands on the latest version of SAC. Mod support, such a fantastic addition.

I couldn't help but notice that the mod doesn't support certain bosses from Calamity, correct? Couldn't you just find the recipe, make a consumable version of the boss summoning item (or even just a placeholder that doesn't even summon the boss but would be usable by the Boss Farmer anyway) and add support for that item instead or something?

Maybe, but I have no idea what would be balanced. Haven't played through any of the mods except Thorium somewhat. I want to avoid adding new items if at all possible, especially when they only have one very specific use. Plus, those are the super hard post Moon Lord bosses, and hard to work with the current item rarity = power system. It would probably be easier to just alter the code somehow to not consume the summon item.

Maybe, but I have no idea what would be balanced. Haven't played through any of the mods except Thorium somewhat. I want to avoid adding new items if at all possible, especially when they only have one very specific use. Plus, those are the super hard post Moon Lord bosses, and hard to work with the current item rarity = power system. It would probably be easier to just alter the code somehow to not consume the summon item.
It might be easier to do that, you're right.

Oh, and also: Modded pickaxes seem to have some sort of issues with the new Ore Gatherer. As an example, the Skyfringe Pickaxe from Calamity. Pickaxe power 95%, only gathers Gold, Demonite & Aerialite Ores. The weaker ores don't show up in the chest (unless this was intended, I've got not clue.)

It might be easier to do that, you're right.

Oh, and also: Modded pickaxes seem to have some sort of issues with the new Ore Gatherer. As an example, the Skyfringe Pickaxe from Calamity. Pickaxe power 95%, only gathers Gold, Demonite & Aerialite Ores. The weaker ores don't show up in the chest (unless this was intended, I've got not clue.)

That's intended, I made it so pickaxes don't gather ores too far below their pick level. With all the modded ores, the amount you would get was pretty ridiculous. Use Demonite or below to gather copper

That's intended, I made it so pickaxes don't gather ores too far below their pick level. With all the modded ores, the amount you would get was pretty ridiculous. Use Demonite or below to gather copper
I see, makes sense though. I was slightly disappointed after I saw that due to having a full auto-sorter (with the help of MechTransfer) for all my Ore Gatherers. I guess I'll just have to make a new one now.

So the new Ore Gatherer basically gathers three ores with the highest pickaxe power requirement that the pickaxe can mine, correct?

I see, makes sense though. I was slightly disappointed after I saw that due to having a full auto-sorter (with the help of MechTransfer) for all my Ore Gatherers. I guess I'll just have to make a new one now.

So the new Ore Gatherer basically gathers three ores with the highest pickaxe power requirement that the pickaxe can mine, correct?

It's a bit more complicated. I assigned a minimum pickaxe power to each ore, and add ores proportional to the difference between the power of the pick in the chest and the ore's pickaxe requirement. If the pick is more than three times stronger than the ore, it doesn't collect it. Here are the "strengths" of the ores for vanilla.

Copper: 20
Iron: 25
Silver: 30
Gold: 35
Demonite: 50
Cobalt: 90
Mythril: 100
Adamantite: 130

So any pick with a power over 60 won't collect copper, over 75 for iron, etc. Honestly, I may change this system in the next update. But for now, just make multiple ore gathering chests with different pickaxes in them to gather the full range of ores.

It's a bit more complicated. I assigned a minimum pickaxe power to each ore, and add ores proportional to the difference between the power of the pick in the chest and the ore's pickaxe requirement. If the pick is more than three times stronger than the ore, it doesn't collect it. Here are the "strengths" of the ores for vanilla.

Copper: 20
Iron: 25
Silver: 30
Gold: 35
Demonite: 50
Cobalt: 90
Mythril: 100
Adamantite: 130

So any pick with a power over 60 won't collect copper, over 75 for iron, etc. Honestly, I may change this system in the next update. But for now, just make multiple ore gathering chests with different pickaxes in them to gather the full range of ores.
Highest three pickaxe requirements, more than three times the required power. At least I got the number right, haha

So the gatherer will still work even if there are several pickaxes in the chest (but it'll gather more ores) and this system may be temporary? I see. I guess I'll be doing that then.

I'm also experimenting & trying to get the Non-consumable Calamity summoning items working with the Boss Farmers but no luck so far. Have tried several methods but the Farmer still doesn't do anything.

Highest three pickaxe requirements, more than three times the required power. At least I got the number right, haha

So the gatherer will still work even if there are several pickaxes in the chest (but it'll gather more ores) and this system may be temporary? I see. I guess I'll be doing that then.

I'm also experimenting & trying to get the Non-consumable Calamity summoning items working with the Boss Farmers but no luck so far. Have tried several methods but the Farmer still doesn't do anything.

The non-consumable summon items shouldn't do anything in this version at least. And the ore gatherer only looks at the first pickaxe in the chest.

The non-consumable summon items shouldn't do anything in this version at least. And the ore gatherer only looks at the first pickaxe in the chest.
Ah right, chest.something[0] or something like that as in the top-left corner, got it.

And no they shouldn't, I've just tried experimenting with the code myself, trying to get that feature in and all but no luck so far.

Ah right, chest.something[0] or something like that as in the top-left corner, got it.

And no they shouldn't, I've just tried experimenting with the code myself, trying to get that feature in and all but no luck so far.

Message me if you have any questions about the tangled mess that is my code!

Message me if you have any questions about the tangled mess that is my code!
If it was my code, it would be much more messy so you're fine, no worries.

I'm just trying to figure out why it still won't recognize the non-consumable summoners as boss summoning items. Or maybe it recognizes the summoners but doesn't know what to do if it's a non-consumable which I highly doubt though

Last edited:
I plan on having multiple ore gatherers with different level picks in each one so i can cover every tier

@efhosci
I remember a long time ago I asked you about the hell, jungle, and ocean
chests gathering liquid buckets for each biome or the possibility of crafting them at the chests
whatever came of that? I don't remember

I plan on having multiple ore gatherers with different level picks in each one so i can cover every tier

@efhosci
I remember a long time ago I asked you about the hell, jungle, and ocean
chests gathering liquid buckets for each biome or the possibility of crafting them at the chests
whatever came of that? I don't remember

I forgot about that, I guess. Liquid duplication is already a thing by itself, if a bit finicky. But I'll keep it in mind for the next update. Thanks for reminding me!

Back
Top Bottom