tModLoader Assorted Mods by Ef

Simple Auto Chests: Do you prefer "elaborate" names for the chests or simpler ones?

• Elaborate

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Simple

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
maybe also make the autofisher compatible with modded fishing poles so it will only check for %fishingpower. same story with the automine chest

maybe also make the autofisher compatible with modded fishing poles so it will only check for %fishingpower. same story with the automine chest

The fishing chest isn't coded yet, but it would work based on the item.fishingPole and item.bait, so it should work fine with modded fishing gear. The mining chest also works off of item.pick, so similarly it works with modded picks (as far as I know, haven't had time to do much testing).

What about modded Fish (if there are any). Will the autochest be able to pick them up if a modded fish can be caught in that specific area? Or would that check be too hard to code?

What about modded Fish (if there are any). Will the autochest be able to pick them up if a modded fish can be caught in that specific area? Or would that check be too hard to code?

I'm really not sure at this point. I'm still trying to figure out how to invoke the fishing code in a way that I can use it to modify a chest inventory. If I can get that working, it would probably be able to catch modded fish. Otherwise, I'd have to hardcode a bunch of stuff and it would be restricted to vanilla fish.

Just out of curiosity, which mods add new fish? I haven't come across any so far.

I'm really not sure at this point. I'm still trying to figure out how to invoke the fishing code in a way that I can use it to modify a chest inventory. If I can get that working, it would probably be able to catch modded fish. Otherwise, I'd have to hardcode a bunch of stuff and it would be restricted to vanilla fish.

Just out of curiosity, which mods add new fish? I haven't come across any so far.
I thiiink thorium has a couple new quest fish but I don't know about anything else.

will the autofisher catch quest fish when depending on what fishing quest there is? although that may not work out as well because the auto chest only re-stock every morning/night

I thiiink thorium has a couple new quest fish but I don't know about anything else.

Could be, don't remember that but then I didn't do a lot of fishing quests.
[doublepost=1468636699,1468636528][/doublepost]
will the autofisher catch quest fish when depending on what fishing quest there is? although that may not work out as well because the auto chest only re-stock every morning/night

It should, again it depends on whether I can find a way to simulate the act of fishing from the chest's inventory and use the vanilla code or if I have to hardcode everything myself. The 'fish catching' code seems to be tied to the player, unfortunately, so I don't know if I can use it the way I want.

Using the chest mod on my current playthrough, it all works amazingly except the boss killing chest, it doesnt seem to do anything, right now i have an item to spawn the eye of cthulu and a full set of adamantite armor, melee helm, chest, legs and the adamantite sword for good measure, it changes day time and restocks all the other chests but nothing happens with the boss killing one :/

Using the chest mod on my current playthrough, it all works amazingly except the boss killing chest, it doesnt seem to do anything, right now i have an item to spawn the eye of cthulu and a full set of adamantite armor, melee helm, chest, legs and the adamantite sword for good measure, it changes day time and restocks all the other chests but nothing happens with the boss killing one :/

I don't know what to tell you, it works fine for me, both on normal and expert. Are you using the latest version, 0.2?

I think i am, i'll reinstall it just to be sure.

Edit: launched terraria, i'm running 0.1.2 looks like its updating time

Edit 2 for closure: 0.2 works perfectly.

Last edited:
Hey so i had a couple of ideas for some different auto chest

Fletching Factory: Gives different types of arrows based on which bosses have been defeated
Starts with: Wooden
King Slime: Fire/Frostburn
Eye of Cthulhu: Unholy
Brain/Worm:Jester
Skeletron:HellFire
WallOfFlesh:Ichor/Cursed
Any Mechanical:Holy

Explosive Emporium :
Starts with: Grenades/Bombs/Dynamite(maybe 3-4 grenades always, 2-3, bombs somtimes 1-2 dynamite rarely)
Party Girl Moves In: Party Grenades
Hardmode:Rockets From Party Girl/Explosive Powder
Beat Plantera: Tier 1-4 Rockets

Event Extravaganza Eliminater: Functions sorta like the boss killer chest but for events.

Lapidary's WorkShop: Gives variety of gems for money you place in so say 1 gold coin = 1 of any gems(can adjust or just make it give random gems without costing money)

Lovey Dovey Flower Collector: Collects different Dye plants or just dye items

Ammunition Accumulator: Samething as Fletching Factory but for bullets
Starts with: Musket Bullets
King Slime: Silver Bullets
Eye Of Cthulhu: Nothing
Brain/Worm:Meotorite
Skeletron:Nothing
WallOfFlesh:Cursed/Ichor/Crystal/Gold/Venom
Any Mechanical Boss:Exploding/Party
All 3 Mechanical Bosses:High Velocity
Plantera: Nano/Chlorophyte

Last edited:
Hey so i had a couple of ideas for some different auto chest

Fletching Factory: Gives different types of arrows based on which bosses have been defeated
Starts with: Wooden
King Slime: Fire/Frostburn
Eye of Cthulhu: Unholy
Brain/Worm:Jester
Skeletron:HellFire
WallOfFlesh:Ichor/Cursed
Any Mechanical:Holy

Explosive Emporium :
Starts with: Grenades/Bombs/Dynamite(maybe 3-4 grenades always, 2-3, bombs somtimes 1-2 dynamite rarely)
Party Girl Moves In: Party Grenades
Hardmode:Rockets From Party Girl/Explosive Powder
Beat Plantera: Tier 1-4 Rockets

Event Extravaganza Eliminater: Functions sorta like the boss killer chest but for events.

Lapidary's WorkShop: Gives variety of gems for money you place in so say 1 gold coin = 1 of any gems(can adjust or just make it give random gems without costing money)

Lovey Dovey Flower Collector: Collects different Dye plants or just dye items

Ammunition Accumulator: Samething as Fletching Factory but for bullets
Starts with: Musket Bullets
King Slime: Silver Bullets
Eye Of Cthulhu: Nothing
Brain/Worm:Meotorite
Skeletron:Nothing
WallOfFlesh:Cursed/Ichor/Crystal/Gold/Venom
Any Mechanical Boss:Exploding/Party
All 3 Mechanical Bosses:High Velocity
Plantera: Nano/Chlorophyte

Thanks a lot for all the ideas! Some of these items (especialy the ammo) can be bought from NPCs, so I don't really think those need to be included, and others are made just with stuff that is already farmed. Although some of them can only be bought at specific times, so I may include some method of obtaining those more easily. I've mostly included the events in the boss chest as well, so I probably don't need to create a separate chest for that. The gems and dyes are a good idea, though, so I may include those. Again, thanks for the detailed suggestions!

Hey, I was wondering if you could give a direct download link of sorts. I am using Mac and the mod browser does not work so any zip file or MediaFire file would be really helpful. Especially since I really like the look of this mod and i would really like to try it out. Thanks

Number One: I love your mods because they are pretty awesome.
I would call the solar gun "Irradiator" cause that sounds cool af xD
I think it would be cool if someone made a mod that let you have normal chests but put rules in them like "automatically quick stack mob drops" or something. I originally got your mod because I thought it would let you do that, but its' great either way. So if I had dirt, stone, lenses, copper ore, demonite ore, and cobalt ore, I could have a chest for underground materials (dirt and stone), mob drops (lenses), prehardmode ores (copper, demonite), and hardmode ores (cobalt) and even though none of these chests had these ores in them I could press an auto chest button and each of them would go in their respective chests. I'm not a coding person but would try to make this mod if I could because I think it would make the game a lot less chest-sorting-involved.
I think that you need a little bit of help spriting the chests because they look a little boring right now- I haven't done that before but if you wanted I could try to help (I like graphic design and art). I would also make acorns go into the wood generator (100 acorns to make the thing- I want some of those back xD) and for the biome-specific chests- some should be lunar/solar specific as well so that butterflies/fireflies can be collected only during their specific cycles. I don't think that you should need chests to be in these certain areas but I think you could make a separate item called the "collector" that corresponds to each chest that we can place in the biome- that way we can have all the chests in one area but we can still implement biome-related source points.
I kind of ranted in this because I want to make a profile picture ASAP but I would love to try to help communicate with you t o maybe improve the mods! :)

Number One: I love your mods because they are pretty awesome.
I would call the solar gun "Irradiator" cause that sounds cool af xD
I think it would be cool if someone made a mod that let you have normal chests but put rules in them like "automatically quick stack mob drops" or something. I originally got your mod because I thought it would let you do that, but its' great either way. So if I had dirt, stone, lenses, copper ore, demonite ore, and cobalt ore, I could have a chest for underground materials (dirt and stone), mob drops (lenses), prehardmode ores (copper, demonite), and hardmode ores (cobalt) and even though none of these chests had these ores in them I could press an auto chest button and each of them would go in their respective chests. I'm not a coding person but would try to make this mod if I could because I think it would make the game a lot less chest-sorting-involved.
I think that you need a little bit of help spriting the chests because they look a little boring right now- I haven't done that before but if you wanted I could try to help (I like graphic design and art). I would also make acorns go into the wood generator (100 acorns to make the thing- I want some of those back xD) and for the biome-specific chests- some should be lunar/solar specific as well so that butterflies/fireflies can be collected only during their specific cycles. I don't think that you should need chests to be in these certain areas but I think you could make a separate item called the "collector" that corresponds to each chest that we can place in the biome- that way we can have all the chests in one area but we can still implement biome-related source points.
I kind of ranted in this because I want to make a profile picture ASAP but I would love to try to help communicate with you t o maybe improve the mods! :)

Hey, thanks for the well-thought-out post! "Irradiator" sounds good, for now I've just been calling it "Solar Railgun" but I might try to spice it up a bit. I'll post some sprites in a minute too, you can see what they'll (tentatively) look like. The idea of chests which will automatically take items of a specific type from your inventory seems nice, but as far as I know you can basically do the same thing with "quick stack to all chests" as long as the chest contains >1 item of that type. Combined with the ability to name chests, it doesn't seem like it would be worth it to create a huge new chunk of code. Plus you wouldn't be able to choose how to sort your items; maybe you want to include Shadow Scales with "ores" because they're used alongside Demonite, or maybe you want them in your "corruption" chest with Rotten Chunks, Cursed Flames, etc. So I doubt I'm going to do that. As for the sprites, yeah, I mentioned that I was planning on changing them eventually. I've been focusing mostly on "Pillar Items Plus" recently so I haven't put much thought into the Auto Chest designs. If you want to make some sprites I'd be happy use them! This guy did a nice bait gatherer already, if you can go for a somewhat similar "vanilla-esqe" look that would be ideal. Again, thanks for the feedback!

The Hell Pipes with Crystal Darts are so much fun, just destroys everything. The sprite when using them is angled a bit oddly, though.

The Hell Pipes with Crystal Darts are so much fun, just destroys everything. The sprite when using them is angled a bit oddly, though.

I know, the sprite is oriented diagonally (like a staff) rather than horizontally (like a gun). I tried changing the use style of the item, but that caused a weird bug where the weapon would stay in the same place while you moved around. I may try to fix that later. And maybe I'll have to nerf it a bit if it "destroys everything" like you said. :p

I know, the sprite is oriented diagonally (like a staff) rather than horizontally (like a gun). I tried changing the use style of the item, but that caused a weird bug where the weapon would stay in the same place while you moved around. I may try to fix that later. And maybe I'll have to nerf it a bit if it "destroys everything" like you said. :p
Maybe exaggerating a bit, but it is fun to watch so many darts shooting around. Can't wait to try it with Chlorophyte darts...

Back
Top Bottom