tModLoader Assorted Mods by Ef

Simple Auto Chests: Do you prefer "elaborate" names for the chests or simpler ones?

• Elaborate

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Simple

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fish only can convert with gold coin, not platinum and higher, and it don't use money in safe or piggybank. Can you fix it? Thank you! :nursepassionate:
Sorry my english is bad!

Fish only can convert with gold coin, not platinum and higher, and it don't use money in safe or piggybank. Can you fix it? Thank you! :nursepassionate:
Sorry my english is bad!

I don't know if that's possible to do, unfortunately. Using the coins to craft stuff is different than using them to buy things. Vanilla Terraria has support for the latter (taking coins from piggy bank and converting denominations). You'll just have to keep a piggy bank near your fishing chest and manually craft the gold/silver coins you need.

Hey i found a bug for your auto chest mod. I had it happen with the subterranean ore generator one, not sure if it affects the others. i accidentally dropped a lava bucket on top of it and it crashed my game. i'm pretty sure you made them vulnerable to lava, but they have items in them so they cant be destroyed, so the game constantly breaks and replaces it until the game crashes.

Hey i found a bug for your auto chest mod. I had it happen with the subterranean ore generator one, not sure if it affects the others. i accidentally dropped a lava bucket on top of it and it crashed my game. i'm pretty sure you made them vulnerable to lava, but they have items in them so they cant be destroyed, so the game constantly breaks and replaces it until the game crashes.

I'll look into that, thanks for letting me know.

Edit: It seems to be an issue with tModloader in general, there may not be anything I can do. https://github.com/bluemagic123/tModLoader/issues/45

Last edited:
Hi, I placed chests down- new ones- and nothing has updated in them for a few days.

Not sure why it wouldn't be working...I've never had any problems.

1. Are you sure you're using the modded chests?
2. Are you using one of the chests that requires an item to be placed inside?
3. Are you getting the "Auto Chests stocked" message each morning?

aaa
Not sure why it wouldn't be working...I've never had any problems.

1. Are you sure you're using the modded chests?
2. Are you using one of the chests that requires an item to be placed inside?
3. Are you getting the "Auto Chests stocked" message each morning?
Quite sure they are modded.
Using a few that have stuff inside- the greenhouse, ore gatherer, and fishing crate- each have a staff of regrowth, a crimtane pick, and tree nymph bait and duck pole, respectively.
No. I'm not getting it every morning. When it got full, I emptied it, added the flora, crawl o matic and money gatherer, and then messages stopped. I picked every chest up again. and put down everything from before and added the crawl o matic. things updated for three days and then nothing again.

So I don't know if this was addressed earlier or not, but I've been having a bug where the auto-chests basically break after the world has been viewed with TEdit.

Upon loading into a world with auto-chests after having the world file open in TEdit (I don't know if it matters whether you change anything or not), the chest tooltip icons vanish (they just say "Chest" on mouseover), and you can't open them, forcing you to break them with a pickaxe. This deletes the contents, meaning not only do you lose your materials, but also any tools you had in them (for the ones that use tools to boost production). Seemingly minor until you lose a Staff of Regrowth or Picksaw to it.

If anyone else already brought it up, feel free to ignore this.

So I don't know if this was addressed earlier or not, but I've been having a bug where the auto-chests basically break after the world has been viewed with TEdit.

Upon loading into a world with auto-chests after having the world file open in TEdit (I don't know if it matters whether you change anything or not), the chest tooltip icons vanish (they just say "Chest" on mouseover), and you can't open them, forcing you to break them with a pickaxe. This deletes the contents, meaning not only do you lose your materials, but also any tools you had in them (for the ones that use tools to boost production). Seemingly minor until you lose a Staff of Regrowth or Picksaw to it.

If anyone else already brought it up, feel free to ignore this.

So I don't think TEdit works with any tModloader worlds, unfortunately. TEdit only supports vanilla worlds, it doesn't know what to do with the modded tiles. Nothing I can really do to fix that.
[doublepost=1475793680,1475793178][/doublepost]
aaa

Quite sure they are modded.
Using a few that have stuff inside- the greenhouse, ore gatherer, and fishing crate- each have a staff of regrowth, a crimtane pick, and tree nymph bait and duck pole, respectively.
No. I'm not getting it every morning. When it got full, I emptied it, added the flora, crawl o matic and money gatherer, and then messages stopped. I picked every chest up again. and put down everything from before and added the crawl o matic. things updated for three days and then nothing again.

The "Auto Chests have been stocked." message is sent before any of the actual "stocking" is done, so the code must be failing to recognize the start of the day for some reason. The way that Terraria counts days is slightly weird, days and nights are counted differently with a boolean "dayTime" variable to differentiate them. I'll experiment with that part and see if it's being blocked or something. The types of auto chests placed down shouldn't matter as far as I can tell.

Also, any other mods you're using?

Edit: Is it just the message that isn't showing? Are the number of items in the chest still increasing?

Last edited:
:red: did i just download?
[doublepost=1476394176,1476394114][/doublepost]
Hey, Automated Chests seem to be pretty useful, but I think it would fit if some chests had extra requirements that made sense for them.

For example; The insect catcher has to be outdoors in a forest biome. (So, on the surface whilst not placed in front of a wall)

Similarly, the Regolith Gatherer would gather specifically Sand when placed in a Desert, Snow and Slush when in a tundra, Dirt and Clay in a forest, and Silt in Underground/Cavern.

Fish Catcher Chest has to be placed in water, Ore miner has to be underground, ect.

Exceptions would obviously be habitat simulators, since they are self contained.

Also, you stated that you wanted true sprites that also made sense with what they did, so I did a quick concept sprite for the insect catcher with the idea of it using 'baited plant matter' to attract the baits and catch them: View attachment 123612

Hope you find this feedback useful, and good luck with your mods. ;)
aaaaa!!!!

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-15_10-49-48.png
    upload_2016-10-15_10-49-48.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 193
Um, the Void Needles are great, but sometimes, they don't work. And by that, I mean they don't shoo out lasers sometimes and don't shoot lasers at all when I drop the Frame Skip.

Is it possible to add a chest or something that auto collects from all chests of the same type? An Example being you have many stellar collectors and you place a chest that takes the stars from All the stellar chests and puts them into one spot. Kind of like a hopper or pipe in minecraft. Sorry, that explanation is terrible... :/

Btw you can look at vanilla chests as examples for shading http://terraria.wiki.gg/Chest
and yes I was just brang back to this post and re commenting on this situation cause of the notification cause of shyguy

Yeah, I could use vanilla chests as a starting point, but I don't want the chests added by my mod to be too similar to vanilla chests. I may work on that when I have some more time.
[doublepost=1478148066,1478147837][/doublepost]
Is it possible to add a chest or something that auto collects from all chests of the same type? An Example being you have many stellar collectors and you place a chest that takes the stars from All the stellar chests and puts them into one spot. Kind of like a hopper or pipe in minecraft. Sorry, that explanation is terrible... :/

No, I get what you're saying. It may be possible, it could be done by giving the chests a shared inventory (like piggy bank/safe). But that would limit the amount of maximum storage. For now, just organize your auto chests by type for easier collection, and I may consider changing it.

BTW, it's clay <-> silt <-> slush

Back
Top Bottom