Mobile At certain conditions the game will lag and sometimes crash

Infinity_BR

Terrarian
Your Terraria Device
Motorola g(6) play
Mobile OS
Android 9
I'm using a Motorola g(6) play, while it's not a gaming machine by any means, most of the game runs fine at 30 FPS and sometimes even 40 FPS no matter what i'm doing, weather events tend to cause some lag but it's not too bad either. Still, here's the problem:

I noticed that during night time the game lags a lot as long as i'm not within the Town "biome" (in my first world it's completely fine and night time only reduces the fps a little but not too much, the same however can not be said about any other world i made afterwards). If i'm on Journey mode and turn on Smart Cursor while holding a wall (not blocks but any wall tile) the game will lag A LOT (i'm only saying this about Journey Mode because with my other character this doesn't happen). The game also has the tendency to crash, not too frequently but it's also not too rare for it to happen and it can be frustrating, it's also worth noting that sometimes the game freezes completely with the exception of the UI and then unfreezes after a few seconds.

The screen i see before the crashes tend to vary a little, here's a small list:

- The game will be going back and forth between the last few frames until it blacks out and closes the app.

- The game will freeze without any sound and then proceed to close if i touch the screen.

- The screen will black out completely and will still have sounds, apparently the game is still running so i think that probably counts as visual glitch rather than a crash but i still have to close and open the game again for it to stop (sometimes i just have to go out of the app and go back to it and it will fix without having to close the application, this isn't guaranteed to work though).

These are some of the issues i've been having with the game, i'm sure you receive a lot of other complaints talking about this very same problem but i just wanted to report these bugs.

I have some of this issues, my mobile is a LG K10 pro, placing walls or going to hell with monster spawn 1.00% lag a lot. The game problably isn't optimized 100% for mobile

There are optimization settings in the settings set all the qualitys to low, turn the VFX to low, and the lighting to trippy to help, also make sure frame skip is on, and if you know how to, clear your ram before playing. Each mobile device reacts differently to the game, and run, my friends phone is really horrible and takes 5 minutes to boot up terraria... But yeah those should help at least, also for the crashing and lag it will reduce it, but there may be occasional crashes and lag, but yeah it isnt a bug if it is your device, if everyone's game was crashing and if it is the most powerfuk thing then something is going on.
I have some of this issues, my mobile is a LG K10 pro, placing walls or going to hell with monster spawn 1.00% lag a lot. The game problably isn't optimized 100% for mobile
Oh it is optimized for mobile, just different devices react differently

In a journey mode world, I was doing the lunar events. The background didn’t show the planet and it lagged like crazy, and I use an IPad mini

I'm using a Motorola g(6) play, while it's not a gaming machine by any means, most of the game runs fine at 30 FPS and sometimes even 40 FPS no matter what i'm doing, weather events tend to cause some lag but it's not too bad either. Still, here's the problem:

I noticed that during night time the game lags a lot as long as i'm not within the Town "biome" (in my first world it's completely fine and night time only reduces the fps a little but not too much, the same however can not be said about any other world i made afterwards). If i'm on Journey mode and turn on Smart Cursor while holding a wall (not blocks but any wall tile) the game will lag A LOT (i'm only saying this about Journey Mode because with my other character this doesn't happen). The game also has the tendency to crash, not too frequently but it's also not too rare for it to happen and it can be frustrating, it's also worth noting that sometimes the game freezes completely with the exception of the UI and then unfreezes after a few seconds.

The screen i see before the crashes tend to vary a little, here's a small list:

- The game will be going back and forth between the last few frames until it blacks out and closes the app.

- The game will freeze without any sound and then proceed to close if i touch the screen.

- The screen will black out completely and will still have sounds, apparently the game is still running so i think that probably counts as visual glitch rather than a crash but i still have to close and open the game again for it to stop (sometimes i just have to go out of the app and go back to it and it will fix without having to close the application, this isn't guaranteed to work though).

These are some of the issues i've been having with the game, i'm sure you receive a lot of other complaints talking about this very same problem but i just wanted to report these bugs.
Hi there @Infinity_BR, thanks for this detailed report. I’m seeing others indicate that the game is slowing during night time, and trying to figure out what might be the common link. Are you using any other Terraria related apps (all items/worlds/inventory editor) - anything at all that isn’t the core game - or have you been on a public server at any point? If okay if you have, just need to know.

Hey! Had a couple of questions about this:

• Unit One asked this, but I figured I would too - does this happen in Singleplayer? Multiplayer? Are you using ZeroTier or any other third party programs, such as inventory editors or similar?
• You mentioned that this issue only occurs with certain worlds and characters - could you send their files here?
• Does quitting out of the game, rebooting it & rejoining the same world fix the issue? If yes, does defeating the same boss cause this issue again?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom