Switch At least 2 years in the making and released a broken game still...

coovxrp

Terrarian
I love this game, but what're you doin Re-Logic? Something so basic as renaming chests. I cant see the name of the chest as I'm typing it and worse yet, I cant get rid of the original name of the chest. So my "metals" chest is named "MetalsWater Chest" Stupid. Will we wait another 2 years for a patch to fix that and for split screen? Probably won't get Journey's end on the switch for another 5 years. Anyone else having this issue with chest renaming and have an idea for a fix? Thanks.

It gets better.. lol this time I renamed a gold chest, and it let me delete the "gold c" and now its named "Blockshest" haha

I love this game, but what're you doin Re-Logic? Something so basic as renaming chests. I cant see the name of the chest as I'm typing it and worse yet, I cant get rid of the original name of the chest. So my "metals" chest is named "MetalsWater Chest" Stupid. Will we wait another 2 years for a patch to fix that and for split screen? Probably won't get Journey's end on the switch for another 5 years. Anyone else having this issue with chest renaming and have an idea for a fix? Thanks.
It gets better.. lol this time I renamed a gold chest, and it let me delete the "gold c" and now its named "Blockshest" haha
Hi @xxcoover, thanks for sharing this info, and welcome to the forums. :)

If you haven’t already, I suggest sending this info directly to Pipeworks (the console developers) here:
https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/terraria/index.html
Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form (Another link in case the first is closed)

You probably won’t get a response, but the development team reads over every bug report that comes in through that form.

Also, as an aside on a different topic, in case you haven’t heard, placing Item Frames or Target Dummies in your world will cause it to not launch anymore, so avoid those two things for now.

This is hardly ideal, but I've been getting around the chest renaming issue by adding enough spaces to push the original text off the line, then erasing all of it to start fresh. Bizarre oversight along with many others.

This is hardly ideal, but I've been getting around the chest renaming issue by adding enough spaces to push the original text off the line, then erasing all of it to start fresh. Bizarre oversight along with many others.
Good workaround @uglybad, thanks for sharing.

And after pushing the text off by pressing space enough, then deleting the spaces I found it fixed the naming for all other chests, so when I go to rename them, pressing the delete button actually starts deleting the original text name. Have no idea if it is fixed for not placed chests yet.

Back
Top Bottom