tModLoader Athos's Class Overhaul

AthosE.

Official Terrarian
icon.png

Athos's Class Overhaul

v0.6.6
Feeling like summoner is useless or completely idle? Melee armor doesn't tank enough? Mages low on damage and far too squishy for it? This mod is for you. This mod aims to rebalance and introduce mechanics to Terraria class/job system. The main objective with those changes is to make every class unique, playable and enjoyable. Right now Summoner is an idle class with few choices of weapon and armor(excluding Old One's Army), Melee class isn't really melee and is fairly squishy for its role and Mage isn't powerful enough in opposition to how weak their armor is. Ranger is fine, but will not be left out. I'll beautify this thread once I'm used to the forums and moding. PS.: New to moding and on forums. Open to suggestions.

20200210114749_1.jpg
20200210115044_1.jpg

A few screenshots.

-Edit vanilla non-sense summoning weapons that deal magic/ranged damage. Done.
-Make an icon to the mod. Done.
-Edit current magic weapons. Done.
-Make/Edit offensive/defensive counterparts to melee armors inspired by Beetle Armor (which will be edited). Done.
-Make Hardmode thrown damage armor. Done.
-Fix all bugs encountered before proceeding.
-2 endgame Rogue armor sets.
-New class/job.
-HP for minions.
-Portuguese Translation.
-Make buff-type magic. (low priority due to the means to balance it)

PLEASE, SEND ME BUG REPORTS HERE OR ON MY E-MAIL(no pm): [email protected]
Use Athos's Class Overhaul Bug Report as subject if sending an e-mail. Please.
Do not report issues that were fixed on latter versions of the mod. I won't support them.

Don't post screenshots on this thread without a spoiler. Please.
Check known issues bellow before reporting.

Follow this model so I can find the issue asap.

tModLoader version:
Mod version:
Mod list:
Issue:
Screenshots/videos if applicable(put them in an spoiler if posting on this thread. PLEASE.):

-Stunning certain hostile npcs may result in bugs on their appearance and possibly on hitboxes too, that is not intended. (looking for a fix)
-Any weapon that uses mana currently trigger Spectre Armor's set bonus. (update: I won't be changing that unless needed, as that is vanilla behavior, and currently there's no need to change that as the only classes that use mana weapons that aren't magic damage-based are Ranger and Summoner, and neither of them can equip Spectre Armor)

Downloads

Changelog

Compatibility

-Incompatible with mods that add armors with rarity Light Red (4) or higher (hardmode rarity), due to the class armor mechanics, except for supported mods.
-Compatible with mods that add weapons.
-Supports Consolaria.

1. I got a bug, can you fix it?
Maybe, report it. See announcement above Known Issues section.

2. I got an NulReferenceException, but the game didn't crash!
It's a known issue, but as far as I know it doesn't affect gameplay, and I'm unsure if it's tModloader loading problems or bad coding. For now, ignore it.
I solved that, so it no longer should be a problem. If you're still having this, make sure you're using the last version and if you are, tell me how you reproduced that error.

3. X class is too strong/weak! Nerf/buff it!
I'm aware that balancing isn't that good right now, but I'm open to suggestions.

4. I can't use item X!
If your item is light red or higher, and is a weapon or armor, make sure it is an item for your class. If you don't know what that means. Read the WIKI. If you don't have a class yet, you can't use it, unless they're a classless hardmode armor (like the chest and boots for the hardmode ores).

5. How do I pick my class?
In order to obtain your class, you need to slay the Wall of Flesh with your character(saved on character, not world). You will be prompted to choose from there.

6. Can I still choose my class on an already existing world which I already have beaten the Wall of Flesh?
Yes, you can. You just won't be able to use your Hardmode gear for it.

7. Will I still be able to use the items, from other classes, that I obtained pre-hardmode?
If they're pre-hardmode items(or lower than light red rarity), yes. Otherwise no.

8. I want X mod to be supported! Can you do it?
Simple mods that I like and couldn't conflict with mine, yes. Mods that contain a similar concept, though, I don't think it'll happen.

Looking for Spriters!
If you're interested, PM me or send me an e-mail: [email protected]

Credits
Me, spriting, scripting.
Open Source codes's owners.
This forum's users, for all the threads about scripting.
tModloader Team, for the mod loader.
Re-Logic, for the game.

Last edited:
I saw this mod and hoped that this is a mod that improved summoners and i was slightly right. i would love any summoner updates in the future

I saw this mod and hoped that this is a mod that improved summoners and i was slightly right. i would love any summoner updates in the future
I do wanna do that, it was the idea that made me want to do the mod, but I'm not sure how to do it right now, since I have to finish the already proposed updates first. I'd love suggestions.

Download doesn't work on mod browser. It just sits there attempting to download but nothing happens. Every other mod works just fine.

@AthosE.
Someone on discord was complaining about terrible performance just now, and from a performance snapshot it's clear that it's this mod's fault. Why are you doing this every frame and not on Mod.PostSetupContent()?

1581253520493.png

Last edited:
@AthosE.
Someone on discord was complaining about terrible performance just now, and from a performance snapshot it's clear that it's this mod's fault. Why are you doing this every frame and not on Mod.PostSetupContent()?

View attachment 235575

Um.... Because it's a feature that's not in the game yet. I haven't had any performance issues, so I didn't check stuff like this. I have checked this already and it seems like it's an unused annoyance right now. So I'm just gonna disable this part of the code until I'm done with this part. Thank you for this.

Edit: Done!

Last edited:
so the is preventing me from using the crystal storm spell book and a couple others things well, i was wondering if you could tell me possible reason why.

Pretty neat mod, while I don't agree with all the changes, I feel like this is a pretty nice mod overall.
As for the "secret" class, i've come to the conclusion that it may be an Alchemist class. (Toxic Flask is a good example of what the weapons could be like)

Pretty neat mod, while I don't agree with all the changes, I feel like this is a pretty nice mod overall.
As for the "secret" class, i've come to the conclusion that it may be an Alchemist class. (Toxic Flask is a good example of what the weapons could be like)
Thank you, it's good to see some positive feedback. Feel free to tell me any of the stuff you have in mind that you don't agree. I'm here to improve them ;)

really like your mod, but i have a complaint. my friends and i have your mod on our server and the 3 of us chose different classes, and only one of us can use the pickaxe axe, because they are melee. i would love if you could change that and any picks afterwards that may have the same issue to be an exception so everyone can use it please.

really like your mod, but i have a complaint. my friends and i have your mod on our server and the 3 of us chose different classes, and only one of us can use the pickaxe axe, because they are melee. i would love if you could change that and any picks afterwards that may have the same issue to be an exception so everyone can use it please.

This should not happen. Are you sure you my mod and tModLoader are up to date? You can send me a modlist and a detailed report on my e-mail above, if that's not the issue.

Hey! I love your mod, I just got 1 little problem, the log says it's caused by your mod, can I ask for a solution?
When I'm trying to equip a vanity item, this happens.
terrariaover.png

Hey! I love your mod, I just got 1 little problem, the log says it's caused by your mod, can I ask for a solution?
When I'm trying to equip a vanity item, this happens.

Thank you for your report, I've fixed it, and uploaded it to the mod browser. Glad you enjoy my mod, and please use spoilers when uploading screenshots. ;)

Hi! I tried to create a character while using your mod,but when i do the game ''freeze'' and i cant do anything..I closed Tmod loader,then i checked the folder with my characters...There was 1500 copies of my new character ! I deleted them all and disabled atlas then my game worked...Fix that please !!! thanks

Back
Top Bottom