Map-Survival Atlantic Challenge Map

I made this map Due to a request!
This maps is filled with Water, the Challenge is just to survival Like a normal Terraria world, but filled with Water!

Download link =
http://www.mediafire.com/download/acvqe83d8uagar9/Terraria+Atlantic+Map.zip

Update-
Added - "Jellyfish Diving gear" - in a chest at "Spawn"

How to Install:
Computer > Documents > My Games > Terraria > Worlds
Picture of the map
1lwc8aj.jpg

Last edited:
Do you get the Neptune's shell or something at the beginning of the game? Because if you don't, it's going to awfully annoying and hard to get started.

Havent putted anything at Start yet, But I can do it if ppl wants it, just made the map because of Request..

Edit: Putting in "Jellyfish Diving gear"
Because "Neptune shell" would just remove the danger of drowning

Update the download link!

Last edited:
Interesting idea, the replacement of both air and lava anywhere above hell is very neat (not to mention having to get to hell to actually get lava... aka no obsidian. You should add some torches to spawn though. With the entirety of the world being underwater it means there is no light at all, so you spawn into pure blackness.

Or even better, some glowsticks or ichor/cursed torches so that you can actually explore some of the water near spawn.

Interesting idea, the replacement of both air and lava anywhere above hell is very neat (not to mention having to get to hell to actually get lava... aka no obsidian. You should add some torches to spawn though. With the entirety of the world being underwater it means there is no light at all, so you spawn into pure blackness.

Or even better, some glowsticks or ichor/cursed torches so that you can actually explore some of the water near spawn.
How about a super absorbent sponge too?

I'd say a super absorbent sponge is a bit much, one could feasibly (although you'd need more free time than I wish to think of) drain the water off of the world. Although enough cobwebs, or silk, to make a bed might not be out of the question. No air means no cobwebs unless you find (and drain) a spider nest.

Things I've noticed so far from my little bit of playing. No slimes obviously as they float, so you are not going to be getting any gel until you drain an area to farm them in (or get a statue and wires). Mobs from marble biomes seem to get MOSTLY overwritten by the water, found 1 Medusa and no javelin guys in 2 marble biomes. Have not encountered a spider nest or granite biome yet to see if the same happens for them. The liquid movement lags... A LOT. But that was expected. The overworld water is obviously not draining into my hellevator, and I block up any areas for water to drain in as I go further down, but all the liquid constantly moving causes a surprising amount of lag.

Last edited:
I could spend more time making a real working "Atlantic" map with most stuff fixed and etc, but I dont have that much time to put on it.
If I had any suggestions to improve it, all I'd have to say is to replace the spawn house with maybe a glass dome with a chest that has jellyfish diving gear, a sponge, a wisp in a bottle, a stack of glowsticks, and 250 ichor and cursed torches. And if you replaced the other liquids, (which i think some guy said above?) then that'll make it difficult/impossible to do some things.

Otherwise me and my friend have been playing it, its pretty much flawless. It's like a completely new experience for terraria! And check out this floating island. xD

Capture 2016-02-11 20_17_16.png

I can put more time on the map if you all wants it? and add real spawn as you want with glass dome and etc, with few "caves/spider caves" that are not filled with water etc.

and maybe add a Challenge list.
That would be pretty cool! I think a map like this has huge potential, as me and my friend have been playing it for a while, and there haven't been any problems.

Up to you honestly Robban. I just like playing interesting maps and critiquing them. :) The underwater maps are always interesting. I am having fun on the map btw. Just thought I'd give my opinions on it.

Please do, an easy way might be is to simply seal and empty the caves of water. Well the idea is simple. And please some trees(that is if there are none).

Back
Top Bottom