NPCs & Enemies Attempt to make hellstone mining an unique experience: Shallowing Hungry

CursedSliver

Eater of Worlds
"The underworld is where you go to at the end of pre-hardmode. What you typically experience down there the first time usually looks like this: Jumping between houses to avoid the hellbats and lava slimes, hiding in the corner of the houses to block the demons, trapping the demons and hellbats in a corner of a ruined houses' room by also standing in the corner of a room, build bridges in order to both fight the Wall of flesh as well as blocking the lava slimes, traveling by rooms to catch the fire imps... but when it comes to hellstone mining, this suddenly changed."

As far as I'm aware, there's two main stratgies of mining hellstone: strip mining and obsidian skin mining. First of all, you can get obsidian skin potion easily by breaking pots, or just craft them. secondly, if the god of luck refuses to bless you, you can always go strip mining. Most importantly, There's only 2 enemies that can ever reach you when you are down there: Fire imps and Bone serpents. You can easily destroy the fire imps' projectiles by swinging the pickaxe around, since the pickaxes' hitbox's so large, and the bone serpents does next to no damage except the head, can be easily destroyed by swinging your pickaxe around, and by this spawn rate, you were likely going to regen back in no time.

So here's what I come up with: Shallowing Hungry, a man eater type enemy that only spawns on hellstone. Inflicts broken armor (that rekts your defense) but deals less damage than bone serpent to solve the problem of bone serpent not doing much damage.

9A805BAD-0BB1-418D-B230-2B9925823197.jpeg

I need some kind of enemy that can move through blocks, not being annoying like the world feeder, and not able to be easily destroyed, while still keeping the terraria theme intact... well I don't think a single enemy that can pierce through blocks is fun at all, and adding a fish doesn't really solve the problem...
Wait, angry trappers!
(I know it sounds strange, but that's actually how my brain works, to be honest)

Anyways, here's my idea [insert outro here]
If someone already did similar stuff, I'm sorry, I did not know it.

I always use the obsidian skin potion method and it's not that bad, thought I'm not really sure if it needs to be made more difficult, if anything Obsidian Skin potions need a nerf

Back
Top Bottom