PC Audio Output

Sticc

Terrarian
Let's get to the point.
Audio's going through my laptop speakers instead of my monitor. My laptop is connected by HDMI by my monitor for better screen size.
I've tried accessing the Windows 10 Audio Output setting. Set Terraria's audio output to default, restarted game (Before this, it was blank.), nothing. Set it to my monitor's audio output, restarted Terraria, Still nothing.
I've tried disabling my speakers through device manager, then it just straight up doesn't play any audio whatsoever.
I've tried changing the default output to my laptop speakers, which unsurprisingly allows Terraria to play audio through the laptop speakers, but when I set the audio output for Terraria to my monitor's, no audio played.

As of now, these are my audio settings, which still doesn't output audio through the monitor.
problemo.png

Is this a hardware problem or a software problem?

Also, thanks in advance for anyone attempting to help me.`:happy:

do other sounds play through your monitor outside of terraria?

Everything works fine. Terraria is the only exception. Well, I did try Zombie Army Trilogy, that somehow had the same problem, but instead it just actually outputted through my laptop speakers instead of my monitor, unlike Terraria that just flats out does not outputs sounds through anything when I set it to Monitor.

Last edited:
After launching terraria. I can't change it before launching it, but after launching and changing outputs, I restart Terraria to make sure.

instead of doing it on an app by app basis, set your entire computer to use your monitors output and see if that works. In windows 10 do this by left clicking on the speaker icon (usually at the bottom right), click the audio device drop down menu above the volume and select your monitor. This should make it so all sounds play through your monitor and can easily be switched back after playing terraria. If that doesn't work also try setting your default audio device through all the steps outlined in this website. Hopefully this problem doesn't persist afterwards but if it does then it may be that something with your game or pc is bugged.

Unfortunate to say, the audio does not output anything so far. I'm very sure it's not caused by the game, as it could play through my laptop speakers. Unless it's something about unplayable audio shticks that deny Terraria.

Unfortunate to say, the audio does not output anything so far. I'm very sure it's not caused by the game, as it could play through my laptop speakers. Unless it's something about unplayable audio shticks that deny Terraria.
Sorry I was unable to help, hopefully you get this issue fixed soon

BIG NEWS HAHA

After 2 days in total of diagnosing, asking for help on this forum yesterday, I have found a solution. I can't believe I forgot this simple solution.

Go windowed, restart your game then go fullscreen.
Simple as.
But now I'm sure it's caused by the fullscreen, and perhaps the 2 screensI have. (Although I'd rather use the monitor screen.)

Back
Top Bottom