Audio Reset Glitch

Nonentity_

Terrarian
Hello.

Recently, whenever I start up Terraria the music and audio reset themselves to 0%.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, deleted the common file and redownloaded it, tested all my audio devices (all work fine), and a few other things I read in past forum threads yet none have worked.

I would appreciate your help!

My brother has the same issue. We don't know when it happened but it had music back in 1.4.0.5. After updating to 1.4.1, as OP posted above, the volume for SFX and BGM resets to 0 on open. I am still able to slide SFX to full and it works, but the Music slider keeps resetting itself to zero, hence no music.

Same as the OP above, we've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game, even removing the files in the documents, validating the game files with Steam, testing audio devices and trying different configurations (setting it to 16-bit, 44k Hz for example), updating xnf, etc. No dice, even after restarts.

A little info though, I have no issue on my own installation, but my brother who's having the issue is playing on an older Windows 7 32-bit laptop. Still, prior to 1.4.1, it still had sound and he was able to even replay Terraria from scratch when 1.4 (and eventually 1.4.0.5) rolled out.

Same as OP we'd appreciate if this is addressed. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom