Augmented TCF - A Chrome Extension & FireFox Add-on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Valentines day! I've been practically dead and I have nothing to show for my absence. So, in the "holiday" spirit of giving gifts, here's some development pictures of ATCF v2:

eb50744fde.gif

2133a85a42.jpg

(Look at the tab icon)

8044e84d2a.jpg

No worries about the short feature list, that's pretty much all the work I have left.

My biggest concern about v2 is the lack of current support of WebExtensions for Firefox. The estimated (imagine the italics to add enough emphasis to "estimated" to make it slanted at a 90 degree angle) release is Firefox 48. The Release Calendar says that'll happen way out on August 2nd. So about 6 months.

This runs me into a dilemma where I want to release for Firefox before 6 months from now, but at the same time I want to keep my codebase as simple as possible. I'm probably going to just wait it out and suggest that if any Firefox users want to use ATCF, they'll have to use Nightly.

I'll make sure to do a double-take through this thread next time I'm working on ATCF for any good features/possible bugs.

Last edited:
Yandex Browser and Opera compatibility? I am oen of the people for who Firefox is slow and Chrome doesn't work, and it would be good to have that for the browsers which aren't the 2 you chose.

Yandex Browser and Opera compatibility? I am oen of the people for who Firefox is slow and Chrome doesn't work, and it would be good to have that for the browsers which aren't the 2 you chose.

I couldn't find anything on Yandex extensions, so I've definitely crossed it out. As for Opera, that depends. So far, you're the first person to ask about it, and this extension has been around for about seven months. I hate to say it, but I don't feel it's worth implementing support for Safari considering it feels like the audience for it is practically just you.

Last edited:
I couldn't find anything on Yandex extensions, so I've definitely crossed it out. As for Opera, that depends. So far, you're the first person to ask about it, and this extension has been around for about seven months. I hate to say it, but I don't feel it's worth implementing support for Safari considering it feels like the audience for it is practically just you.

Yandex Browser runs on barely modified Chromium, so you can easily port it.

Yandex Browser runs on barely modified Chromium, so you can easily port it.

Sure, but I looked around and found nothing that was yandex-specific. I installed the browser and installed my extension from the google chrome web store and it worked just fine. I can't think of anything else I should be doing, in terms of Yandex support.

Furthermore, I might reconsider supporting Opera (for version 2, that is). The only thing that'll make or break my choice depends on how hard it is to pack the extension for opera.

Last edited:
I'm currently a little lost on the topic. Will there be an update soon, or maybe was there one recently? The custom emoticons haven't worked for months, for me.

I'm currently a little lost on the topic. Will there be an update soon, or maybe was there one recently? The custom emoticons haven't worked for months, for me.

I haven't said anything about it but there will be a small update for v1 soon (like, really soon), though that'll be the last update for v1. It should fix the custom emotes.

Further in the future (so not soon) there'll be an update to v2, a complete overhaul of everything ATCF.

Omg this is the best lol. I changed my font color to crimson, didn't change anything yet though :/... maybe I need to reload the page?
[doublepost=1474740133,1474739989][/doublepost]How about now? HAHA! YES! Best extension for any web browser ever 10/10 - IGN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom