Game Mechanics Auto-Sell from Crafting Option

What do you think?

• This would be sooo useful!

• This could be useful sometimes.

• It could be useful, but only on rare occasions.

• This doesn't matter.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Darkstar01

Official Terrarian
Anyone who has tried to sell a large amount of obsidian knows how tedious that can be. Repeatedly crafting Obsidian Skulls and selling them takes far longer than quick-selling from your inventory, and since they can't stack, you have to do each skull individually. They can't stack in the NPC's inventory, either, so you'll either need to eventually place all of the skulls in the last slot (because the others will be filled with previously sold skulls), or exit and re-enter the shop menu to reset the inventory. This can't be the only item suffering from this problem.

The solution I propose is simple: add a toggleable option to automatically sell crafted items. Here's how it would work: When you have an NPC's shop menu open, a coin symbol will appear next to the crafting hammer symbol. The coin will be grayed-out by default, and clicking on it will light it up, graying out the crafting hammer. While the coin is active, any items you craft will automatically be placed in the NPC's inventory. Clicking on the crafting hammer again or leaving the shop menu will return to regular crafting. The coin could just reuse the sprite of the Lucky Coin.

Anyone who has tried to sell a large amount of obsidian knows how tedious that can be. Repeatedly crafting Obsidian Skulls and selling them takes far longer than quick-selling from your inventory, and since they can't stack, you have to do each skull individually. They can't stack in the NPC's inventory, either, so you'll either need to eventually place all of the skulls in the last slot (because the others will be filled with previously sold skulls), or exit and re-enter the shop menu to reset the inventory. This can't be the only item suffering from this problem.

The solution I propose is simple: add a toggleable option to automatically sell crafted items. Here's how it would work: When you have an NPC's shop menu open, a coin symbol will appear next to the crafting hammer symbol. The coin will be grayed-out by default, and clicking on it will light it up, graying out the crafting hammer. While the coin is active, any items you craft will automatically be placed in the NPC's inventory. Clicking on the crafting hammer again or leaving the shop menu will return to regular crafting. The coin could just reuse the sprite of the Lucky Coin.
I'm sorry but I don't really see many practical uses for this. It's not that hard to just empty your inventory, craft a bunch of skulls, then sell em all.

I'm sorry but I don't really see many practical uses for this. It's not that hard to just empty your inventory, craft a bunch of skulls, then sell em all.
Depends on how much obsidian you have, I guess. One stack = ~50 skulls, which is more than can fit in your inventory.

But... I guess it's just because I have a whole chest (or three) of obsidian that I don't know what to do with that I thought this would be more convenient. Admittedly, it probably wouldn't make much of a difference in the majority of cases.

Depends on how much obsidian you have, I guess. One stack = ~50 skulls, which is more than can fit in your inventory.

But... I guess it's just because I have a whole chest (or three) of obsidian that I don't know what to do with that I thought this would be more convenient. Admittedly, it probably wouldn't make much of a difference in the majority of cases.
how tf did u acquire like a few hundred thousand obsidian

how tf did u acquire like a few hundred thousand obsidian
I wish I knew... I do have over 1000 hours of playtime, so I guess it all just accumulated. That, and my futile attempt to rid the Underworld of lava using the Bottomless Water Bucket.

Back
Top Bottom