Mobile Auto Target

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elendi

Duke Fishron
So for a while this has festered in my mind, but...... DOES ANYONE ELSE HATE AUTO-TARGET!!!!

Ok, so its great if you are digging a subway, or a hellshaft but absolutely nothing else. When there is a bunny in the vicinity your arrows find their way to the bunny, and not Ocram! You are laying a pipeline to pump lava and you continually mis place wire and grapple to the wrong side ALL BECAUSE OF A BAT!!!

So, say what you think of it, and if I missed the button in the options that turns it of let me know.

So for a while this has festered in my mind, but...... DOES ANYONE ELSE HATE AUTO-TARGET!!!!

Ok, so its great if you are digging a subway, or a hellshaft but absolutely nothing else. When there is a bunny in the vicinity your arrows find their way to the bunny, and not Ocram! You are laying a pipeline to pump lava and you continually mis place wire and grapple to the wrong side ALL BECAUSE OF A BAT!!!

So, say what you think of it, and if I missed the button in the options that turns it of let me know.
It doesn't seem to work shooting things with arrows that are on the same level as you, either. It always hits the block in front of their feet. Kind of a pain to have to be above everything in order to hit them.
I'd rather have auto target than not, though. It's buggy but touch controls are incredibly inaccurate. I hate it for melee, though. Doesn't priotize the closer targets.

Actually, in the Oktoberfest update, they made autoaim worse by making touchscreen usage also have autoaim.

Actually, in the Oktoberfest update, they made autoaim worse by making touchscreen usage also have autoaim.
Huh, I believe it was since the HM update, when the first enemy comes near you, the auto aim automatically enables

Huh, I believe it was since the HM update, when the first enemy comes near you, the auto aim automatically enables
In the HM update, you could still manually target by actually touching the area you want to fire/use at. Now, it's completely controlled by the game if you have a target, I think.

In the HM update, you could still manually target by actually touching the area you want to fire/use at. Now, it's completely controlled by the game if you have a target, I think.

Not that touching them is much more effective since doing so blocks the screen.

When enemies show their face around me it auto aims my FRIGGIN PURIFICATION POWDER AT THEM. It's super annoying and wasteful when I'm purifying my world! I hate it... TBH it never really helped me. They should let you turn it off. But when you do it should keep the arrows on the side of the screen, that part IS actually helpful for seeing when enemies are coming. I think that part is good, but they should remove the aiming part.

When enemies show their face around me it auto aims my FRIGGIN PURIFICATION POWDER AT THEM. It's super annoying and wasteful when I'm purifying my world! I hate it... TBH it never really helped me. They should let you turn it off. But when you do it should keep the arrows on the side of the screen, that part IS actually helpful for seeing when enemies are coming. I think that part is good, but they should remove the aiming part.
I actually utilize the autoaim all the time. It's buggy but it's a huge help being able to just tap the right side of the screen and have it put the arrows in the enemy's direction.

This explains the reason I cannot stand console.
Aiming with those two crappy hatesticks is so difficult compared to a mouse.

I don't really like auto aim.
Example:Bird next to me? My grappling hook aims at a mob! Very annoying, i'd prefer at least a toggle for auto aim or no auto aim.

This explains the reason I cannot stand console.
Aiming with those two crappy hatesticks is so difficult compared to a mouse.
THIS THIS THIS but you know whats even more shame to play on a console than Terraria?
Playing Cs:Go (or any other Shooter) on a Console
That is pure Hereticness

The auto aim feature is quite annoying, and I do wish there was a way to toggle it, because every freaking time, I waste so many bullets because of it. The only time it is helpful is when I'm fighting ocram, but very rarely

;(And what's even MORE annoying is that when you use a controllable weapon (Flamlash, Rainbow Rod, etc.), you aim at the target NO MATTER WHAT. I was doing a lets play, fighting a boss, and a Bunny decides to say "Hi!". BAM! I'm hit and die by fall damage. The bunny stares at me like it was on purpose. Bunnies are evil. I just want this feature to either be removed, or a way to toggle it. ;(

I personally like the auto-aim feature as it allows me to think while just using the attack joystick to fire at Ocram. I still can't beat him though. Any ideas? I even tried with a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom