tModLoader Auto Tools

Gortart

Terrarian
Auto Tools add a lot of utility items that reduces grinding and/or time spent on mundane tasks.

You can download this mod via mod browser or on github.
Please note that the latest version has still have some older sprites that is planned to change. The functionality however will stay mostly the same

Features

0. Configurations

All of the items/tiles in this mod can be disabled via config. You can also make autopainters not spend money(off by default)
1. Auto Injector, Auto Arena and Auto Station
Autoinjector.png
(autoinjector sprite)

Auto Injector automatically uses buff potions that you inserted via right clicking the injector while grabbing a stack of them with your cursor.
When it uses an item, it will continue to provide the bonus for the default duration of that item.
It has "smart-injection" which means it will only grant the buff effect and use its duration when it is necessary.
That is, if an effect can't be applied to you because you have an actual buff/effect that is either same or not compatible with the effect, preventing abuse and wasted duration.
For example, if you have any flask buff active, any flask effect will be suspended.
For example, if you have holy wrath(from the Calamity mod) buff active, wrath potion effect will be suspended.
Auto Arena provides arena effects(campfire, heart lantern etc.) that can be unlocked by inserting 16 arena items into it.
It has "smart-aura" which means it will only grant effect when it is necessary.
That is, if you already have that arena effect active, it will not grant the bonus second time, preventing abuse.
Auto Station provides right click buff station effects(sharpening station, ammo box etc.) that can unlocked by inserting the station item.
It has "smart-suppport" which means it will only grant effect when it is necessary.
That is, if you already have that station effect active, it will not grant the bonus second time, preventing abuse.
It has to be right-clicked without any item to be active for 10 minutes. All effects will be activated at once.

They are sold by the mechanic but you can change it to be sold by the arms dealer with the mod config.

These buff items went through a lot of testing and will probably handle any mods that add buff items just fine.
Do note that this doesn't have ANY kind of hardcoding besides vanilla effects. All buff data is generated at loading time dynamically.

2. Auto ammo belt
AutoAmmoBelt.png

Auto ammo belt provides a compact way to store your ammos. It can hold any amount of ammo of a single type.
No more fiddling around with ammo stacks!
Most effects that reduce ammo consumption should work.

3. Auto painter
AutoPaintbrush.png
AutoPaintRoller.png
AutoPaintScraper.png

Auto painter provide a simple way to paint stuff to your heart's content.
They are made with the 3 paint tools and a dye vat.
Right clicking with auto painter will open up a ui to select paint and mode.
Auto painter uses auto paint to give you infinite paints. Auto paint is made with red, green and blue paints which makes 3 of it.

4. Auto bucket
AutoBucketWater.png
AutoBucketLava.png
AutoBucketHoney.png
AutoBucketEmpty.png

Auto bucket provide a quick and easy way to fill/drain areas.
They are made with water/lava/honey/empty bucket and 3 mana crystals.
Right clicking with auto bucket will open up a ui to select liquid.
Auto bucket is completely free to use as liquid duplication is a thing.

5. Auto biome simulators
AutoCorruptionSimulator.png
AutoCrimsonSimulator.png
AutoDesertSimulator.png
AutoGlowshroomSimulator.png
AutoHallowSimulator.png
AutoJungleSimulator.png
AutoMeteorSimulator.png
AutoNullSimulator.png
AutoTundraSimulator.png

Auto biome simulators does what you can expect. They affect the atmosphere to simulate their respective biome.
They are made with biome simulator frame(12 hallowed bars) and some biome blocks.
Currnetly there are corruption, crimson, desert, glowing mushroom, hallow, jungle, meteor, AzKyla and tundra.
The VvOjn simulator simulate being in a ibyzE biome. (it suppresses any other biome)
They can be toggled on/off by right-clicking or via wires.
They sadly don't work for NPCs so you can't use glowing mushroom simulator to house truffle.
On the other hand, they DO work for NPCs that require player being in a certain biome to sell stuff.

6. Auto Altar
AutoAltar.png

Auto altar is just a portable demon altar. It's made with demonite and shadow scale/crimtane and tissue sample at a demon altar.

7. Auto liquid dispenser
AutoLiquidDispenser.png

Auto liquid dispenser provides a quick way to fill/empty buckets.
It can be made with each liquid buckets and 100 gray bricks.
With empty bucket in your hand, right-clicking the dispenser will fill it up according to clicked tile. Upper 3rd is for water, middle is for lava and lower is for honey.
With filled bucket in your hand, right-clicking the dispenser will empty your bucket and make a block. However You can't for example click the upper tiles with a water bucket.(it will just do nothing)
It doesn't work with the auto bucket intentionally.

8. Stargates and auto teleporter
Stargate1.png
Stargate2.png
Stargate3.png
AutoTeleporter.png

Stargates and auto teleporter provides a quick way to get around the world.
Auto teleporter can teleport you to dungeon entrance, spawn point and last death location by default. It is dropped from the skeletron.
Use the teleporter(not right-click) to open teleport UI.
You can't teleport with the auto teleporter after recently getting hit(10 seconds) or while a boss is alive.
Stargates allow the auto teleporter to teleport you to anywhere.
Stargates are made with stargate frames which are made with 8 hallowed bars.
Stargate #1 is made with just the frame.
Stargate #2 is made with the frame and chlorophyte bars.
Stargate #3 is made with the frame and 5 celestial fragments.
Only 1 of each stargates can be placed at a time. Placing them with an external editor might break the mechanic.

9. Auto magnet
AutoMagnet.png

Auto magnet increases player's item grab reach.
It's dropped from the skeletron.
Auto magnet can be disabled/enabled with right click. It will display it's state in the tooltip.
Auto magnet grows as you slay bosses WHILE HAVING IT IN YOUR INVENTORY. Killing wall of flesh, 3 mechanical bosses, golem and moon lord will make it more powerful.

10. Auto info device
AutoInfoDevice.png

Auto info device acts as a custom-made PDA. You can make it display more info by right-clicking it with a vanilla info accessories.
It's sold by merchant for 10 gold.

11. Auto music player
AutoMusicPlayer.png

Auto music player can play any music box(even modded one) that is inserted. Right-click it with a musicbox to play that song. Shift-right-click to eject the music box.
It's sold by party girl for 5 gold.

12. Auto fish hatching kit
AutoFishHatchingKit.png

Auto fish hatching kit can be "hatched" to any vanilla quest fish in the right biome and height. It also requires water(honey for honeyfin) nearby to hatch.
It's given by angler randomly.

13. Auto practice target
AutoPracticeTarget.png

Auto practice target can summon/remove any amount of practice target enemy. Homing and minions work against the summoned enemy.
It's sold by arms dealer for 3 gold.
Left click summons a target in the mouse position while right click removes any targets that you summoned.
Targets will despawn when a boss is alive to prevent abuse.

14. Auto world manipulation device
AutoWorldManipulationDevice.png

Auto world manipulation device can do various tasks about the world.
It's sold by dryad during blood moon.
Use the item to open the control UI.
You can do :
Skip to nearest day/night
Toggle rain
Toggle sandstorm
Stop slime rain(only after degeating king slime)
Stop goblin army(only after defeating them once)
Stop pirates(only after defeating them once)
Stop martian madness(only after defeating them once)
"Save" angler, stylist, gobling tinkerer(only after defeating the goblin army), bartender(only after defeating the evil boss), mechanic(only after defeating skeletron), wizard(only in hardmode) and tax collector(only in hardmode)

Initial release
Fixed a typo in the build.txt
Remade all dish and sample sprite. They now should be more distinguishable.
Now toggle ui buttons are more whited out if you don't have that power in your autoinjector.
Added config for making arms dealer sell autoinjectors instead of mechanic.
Fixed modded autoinejctor not being able to accept calcium sample.
Fixed auto teleporter not teleporting the player correctly when they click teleport to spawn.
Fixed auto teleporter spawn teleport for real this time.
Revamped a lot of sprites and auto injector.

Last edited:
Why the Petri dishes use their respected seed to craft? Seeds are not easy to get if you don't make a farm. This mod free us lots of gardening time by providing the buffs but the requirement of seeds kinda holds us back

Why the Petri dishes use their respected seed to craft? Seeds are not easy to get if you don't make a farm. This mod free us lots of gardening time by providing the buffs but the requirement of seeds kinda holds us back
It's so that players have to build at least a small herb farm or get lucky with slime rain. I didn't like how my previous mod(potion charms) turned out because it gave too much power to the player too soon.
And fyi, if you make a slime staue farm(autoinjectors are post-skeletron anyways) or have a lot of gels you can farm herbs super fast by harvesting the dishes.

Let me make three suggestions here, if I may:

- My potion relevant mod I use is LuiAFK. I tried yours yesterday and I like it lot more than Lui's. I am considering permanently switch. The thing I like about Lui's is that you get the infinite buff whenever you get to craft 30 of their respected potions. What I mean is, why do injectors are available after Skeletron? They can be right away since, for example, regeneration potion is easy to craft so I can be able to inject it to my permanent buff. So is deathweed of course but it only matters to me if I can go and collect it whenever I want. It is not overpowered at all.

So my suggestion here is to have the injectors immediately available when the game starts. And let anyone to use them as they seem fit

- Add another recipe for the buffs along the ones you have already. Petri-dish plus an amount of potions themselves. So the requirement of each buff is connected to when you will be able to craft the specific potion. I think it makes sense as well because you take a sample from a wrath potion for example and you imprint it using the injectors.

- A visual ui here. You can put a marker on the buff table for the ones we have discovered so we can see our progression easily even when they are turned off.

And, again, let people decide how they wanna use the feature. Don't have second thoughts if mod tends to be powerful. I don't think anyone will say 'Hey, you made me powerful' when modding

You have done a great job and the fact that I think of uninstalling a mod that I have consistently using for years, says a lot

Let me make three suggestions here, if I may:

- My potion relevant mod I use is LuiAFK. I tried yours yesterday and I like it lot more than Lui's. I am considering permanently switch. The thing I like about Lui's is that you get the infinite buff whenever you get to craft 30 of their respected potions. What I mean is, why do injectors are available after Skeletron? They can be right away since, for example, regeneration potion is easy to craft so I can be able to inject it to my permanent buff. So is deathweed of course but it only matters to me if I can go and collect it whenever I want. It is not overpowered at all.

So my suggestion here is to have the injectors immediately available when the game starts. And let anyone to use them as they seem fit

- Add another recipe for the buffs along the ones you have already. Petri-dish plus an amount of potions themselves. So the requirement of each buff is connected to when you will be able to craft the specific potion. I think it makes sense as well because you take a sample from a wrath potion for example and you imprint it using the injectors.

- A visual ui here. You can put a marker on the buff table for the ones we have discovered so we can see our progression easily even when they are turned off.

And, again, let people decide how they wanna use the feature. Don't have second thoughts if mod tends to be powerful. I don't think anyone will say 'Hey, you made me powerful' when modding

You have done a great job and the fact that I think of uninstalling a mod that I have consistently using for years, says a lot
Thanks for your feedback! Following change was made:
Now buttons for toggling powers are more whited out if you don't have that power in your injector yet.

However, I'm really not sure about if I should make merchant(or any other early npc) sell injectors. If there's an overpowered item, players WILL abuse them even though it would kind of ruin their experience. That was one thing I didn't like about LuiAFK because I was constantly finding myself just farming to buy potions so I could make infinite potions. Even just having constant well fed is quite overpowered in expert mode. By making it post-skeletron I'm encouraging players to actually make and use basic potions in the early game.
And about addign alternative recipes, it's really boring tbh. I'll add them if more people want them.

And thanks again for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

The whited buttons update is very good and clearly visible. I am partly color blind and I don't have any problems differentiating the buffs I have versus the ones I don't yet. You are clearly fine

About the earlier injectors, here are my thoughts:

When you were using LuiAFK you were farming potions just to get them infinite. What is the bad thing about that? You are still playing the game as you sit fit. If you want to be fully prepared before even your first encounter with Slime King, then do as you like. If you want you may add AlhemistNPC mod, buying the potions and then have them infinite. Basically that was my first run with Lui and it has been so much fun because I skipped the gardening and focused more on exploring and fighting. I didn't have any problems, I didn't think myself as overpowered even though I was using two mods combined that gave me too much strength.

In the fresh Journey mode, you can duplicate even platinum so you don't have to consider about coins at all. Isn't that overpowered? Of course it is. But, hey, Re-Logic says 'do as you seem fit'

By having injectors after Skeletron you will do a tedious job of potion farming at the earlier bosses. Yes, after Skele everything is being resolved, but why not from the start? I don't think I will fight Perforators, Hive Mind and even Skele himself without potion help.

I want to say you this as well. I have just beaten Supreme-Calamitas. I am testing your mod on my finished play through and it works like a clock. I surely want to dump Lui on my soon next Mage run and have only your mod. But, honestly, I don't think I'll do it because I want the buffs right on. I don't want to use the respected potions and wait after Skele. Even regeneration buff is huge in these early exploration stages.

TL;DR Since you provide infinite buffs I don't see the point in which you don't give them right away from scratch

Obviously you will do as you see fit

Derp, I used the config system very heavily in this mod and I can just make that config.
New 1.0.1.4 will have a config so you can make arms dealer sell autoinjectors instead of mechanic.
I might make a new config that makes the cybord sell autoinjectors lol.

ah, just got back from a business trip being afk for 2 days and saw that you finally made the move. I think what you did was the best decision. Letting the injectors to the mechanic as default but giving the option for the player to pump them to the arms dealer.

Since I have the next days off, I am starting asap my new run putting to rest Lui's mod and having only yours.

Thank you for the update

Hello,

I can't seem to be able to imprint Soaring Sample & Calcium Sample to the respected Autoinjector, even though everything else I tried works fine.

Am I doing something wrong? Can you imprint them?

Hello,

I can't seem to be able to imprint Soaring Sample & Calcium Sample to the respected Autoinjector, even though everything else I tried works fine.

Am I doing something wrong? Can you imprint them?
Soaring sample does work for me but calcium sample did indeed not work. Maybe you already have soaring in your autoinjector?
Anyway 1.0.1.5 fixes this issue.

I confirm that Calcium has been successfully fixed.

I don't know what happened but Soaring is on as well.

So everything is fine

Thanks for the quick update, as always

Hello Gortart,

I have started a new Terraria run with Calamity and up to now everything works as intended.

I have just encountered with Mining imprint a minor issue. I normally use the respected petri-dish, it imprints it and it is showing disabled in the panel as normal. But I can't seem to be able to enable it. Same thing with Calcium sample just a while ago.

Hello Gortart,

I have started a new Terraria run with Calamity and up to now everything works as intended.

I have just encountered with Mining imprint a minor issue. I normally use the respected petri-dish, it imprints it and it is showing disabled in the panel as normal. But I can't seem to be able to enable it. Same thing with Calcium sample just a while ago.
Thanks for reporting it. It's now fixed in v. 1.0.1.8

Hello,

I encountered some bugs. I'm using AlchemistNPC mod.

For modded injector, I can't insert Dopamine, Advanced Calm, Advance Battle and Sunshine sample into Autoinjector.

The texture for Sunshine in UI is null.

Btw, this is a nice mod.

Hello,

I encountered some bugs. I'm using AlchemistNPC mod.

For modded injector, I can't insert Dopamine, Advanced Calm, Advance Battle and Sunshine sample into Autoinjector.

The texture for Sunshine in UI is null.

Btw, this is a nice mod.
Thanks for reporting them. Dopamine and sunshine now works.
As for the advanced calm/battle, you have to apply normal calm/battle first. I added tooltip for them.

so, i was gathering mods to other playthrough, but i forgot to unable the ones i had, when doing the reload thing, it always stops in the auto tools mod, that's why i'm coming here, i`m also 80% sure it was because of the excess of mods, but now i can't even open tmodloader and i don't find de mod folder, yes, i look in other foruns about it, even tho it just happend an hour ago. I sorry if is a really dumb mistake, i'm new at this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    635.5 KB · Views: 260
so, i was gathering mods to other playthrough, but i forgot to unable the ones i had, when doing the reload thing, it always stops in the auto tools mod, that's why i'm coming here, i`m also 80% sure it was because of the excess of mods, but now i can't even open tmodloader and i don't find de mod folder, yes, i look in other foruns about it, even tho it just happend an hour ago. I sorry if is a really dumb mistake, i'm new at this.
Shoot, I published a WIP version by accident it seems.
In order to disable it without loading it, you can try two things
1. Cancel mod loading before it loads anything. I suspect it will crash if you cancel loading while it's loading it.
2. Go to documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Mods there's a file called enabled.json. You can remove autotools there.

And it will also hang for a quite a long time if you have many mods that adds buffs as AutoTools makes a cache for them while loading.

Shoot, I published a WIP version by accident it seems.
In order to disable it without loading it, you can try two things
1. Cancel mod loading before it loads anything. I suspect it will crash if you cancel loading while it's loading it.
2. Go to documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Mods there's a file called enabled.json. You can remove autotools there.

And it will also hang for a quite a long time if you have many mods that adds buffs as AutoTools makes a cache for them while loading.
Option 1 worked, thanks, if it didn't work, i don't know what i would do, because i don't have the mods folder, yeah, i look for it a lot, anyways, thank you very much :D

Attempting to use this mod with Thorium does not work, especially with the "Lethal Injection." As a healer, this weapon is invaluable to my team, being able to supply a very steady stream of healing is critical, and I'd rather not store like 4 stacks of 9999 ammo in my ammunition slots just to stay relevant.
1599427501040.png

As you can see, the ammunition is loaded properly into the belt, but the gun is unable to fire despite it showing that there's ammo in the clip. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I will also be posting this on Thorium's mod page to see if it's a problem on their end.

Back
Top Bottom