tModLoader Auto Trash

Guessing auto trash doesn't work with modded items. Can't seem to put modded items in the auto-trash slot

Update: My friend showed me. don't know why the eye icon that activates auto trash pretty much invisible. You should make it less transparent or give is a little bit of a background I didn't even see it there. Everything is working fine now.

Last edited:
I downloaded it from the page since it wasn't showing up in the mod browser for me, installed it, enabled it, and reloaded. For some reason, though, the slot isn't showing up. I'm playing on modded 1.3.4.4, and I don't know if the mod and my game are on different versions or if I'm doing something wrong. Any help?

I downloaded it from the page since it wasn't showing up in the mod browser for me, installed it, enabled it, and reloaded. For some reason, though, the slot isn't showing up. I'm playing on modded 1.3.4.4, and I don't know if the mod and my game are on different versions or if I'm doing something wrong. Any help?
The latest release is for 0.10. I think github releases should have an older version.

I dug this up. https://github.com/JavidPack/AutoTrash/releases/tag/v0.1 it works with 1.3.4.4 tried and tested. I upgraded to 0.1 but found half my mods did not work so downgraded back to tmod 0.9 and Terraria 1.3.4.4. Such a ball ache re-finding all the older versions of the mods. Next time I will back up the whole mod directory. I managed to get most back though.

Hey... I have a couple hundreds of hours on terraria, but always pure terraria, no mods, nothing. But had to download tmodloader for the first time ever, to use two of your mods: Auto trash and useful hotkeys. It's an awesome job, congrats. Can't understand why doesn't they add this to the game by itself. But anyway, i have two suggestions: make the "eye" toggle that activates it more visible when deactivated, maybe red, and not dark like it is now, I reloaded the mods two times, restarted the game three, and only could see that little button when I came here on the forum and saw you saying it. Also, maybe implement it to auto trash items when you use the "loot all" on a chest? It would be very useful for when we are looting for an specific item, or on a specific run, for example i never use shurikens, granades, throwing knifes, and those when i loot the chest only keep filling my inventory. Anyway, keep up with the good work !

Would it be possible to get an increase the number of items you can have on the auto trash list? I seem to have reached the max amount & am having to "replace" a current list item with whatever it is I am trying to add to the list.

Would it be possible to get an increase the number of items you can have on the auto trash list? I seem to have reached the max amount & am having to "replace" a current list item with whatever it is I am trying to add to the list.
Hmm, I didn't limit the list with my programming, I wonder what is up...

I have no idea why this happened but it was definitely this mod because as soon as i disabled it, it stopped. I was trying to catch a quest fish and it kept disappearing as i picked it up. Specifically the Bloody Manowar if this may help find the problem. It never happened with any other fish and i'd never added the fish to the auto trash list or anything like that. Don't know what the problem was here this is about as specific as i can get. Thanks.

Edit: Otherwise this mod is very great and helpful. Thorium and it's mudmen.

Love the mod. Thanks for saving me a bunch of time by not cleaning out my inventory all the time, but my only issue is that it's really easy to misclick the bottom right [x] and clear the whole list accidentally.

Suggestion: Maybe a confirmation or the [x] can be located in a slightly different location? Perhaps in the margin located towards the bottom of the inventory on the left side where the little lock is located to lock the toolbar.

Maybe I'm the only one having this issue, but I've misclicked it a few times and when you have hundreds of banners you're tossing it becomes a bit of a haddle to re-add them all XD

Image of where to place it possibly:

suggestion.png

Small suggestion: clicking the X to clear the list should have a confirm feature, so when you click it a pop up will say "Are you sure?"
My incentive for this suggestion is because the amount of times I've accidentally cleared my auto trash list and had to re-add everything... it's uncountable at this point.
Regards,
-L0ST

This may have been answered before, but i still find the need to ask,
Is there possibly a way to transfer said "auto trash list" to another character (ie through a file copy paste? or something?)
if not, will there maybe ever be an option like so?
sometimes due to rpg mods, i have to create a new character and transfer everything over for various reasons, 1 thing that stays behind is my auto trash list, this would be a great feature to have.

This may have been answered before, but i still find the need to ask,
Is there possibly a way to transfer said "auto trash list" to another character (ie through a file copy paste? or something?)
if not, will there maybe ever be an option like so?
sometimes due to rpg mods, i have to create a new character and transfer everything over for various reasons, 1 thing that stays behind is my auto trash list, this would be a great feature to have.
That's a neat idea, but I'm not sure how I'll do that.

Another Suggestion: is there a way we can get a search bar for the trash list? if i auto trash something important, its not easy to scroll through and find 1 item in the list of 200+ items or so.

Does this work with tmodloader version 10.1? I'm using 10.0.2 and want to know if I can safely update.

Small suggestion: clicking the X to clear the list should have a confirm feature, so when you click it a pop up will say "Are you sure?"
My incentive for this suggestion is because the amount of times I've accidentally cleared my auto trash list and had to re-add everything... it's uncountable at this point.
Regards,
-L0ST
I've made it so you have to alt click that button so it's not as easily pushed.

Not sure what is happening, have this mod installed with others, and I am getting this...
80d366233e543db39f13fc5a21438092.png

I can't click in it or add anything.

Back
Top Bottom