tModLoader Auto Trash

Could you add a short cut to add items in auto trash? like maybe shift+right mouse clicking. Similar to trashing with shift+left mouse click

Is there any way to expand auto-trash and add a ban on drop these items at all? This could optimize the vast farm a bit

If you've been able to add this automation; would it be possible for you to make a new mod that *removes* the auto-trash / shortcut to trash behavior? We keep losing piles of stuff to the trash by accident, and would love to have a mod that removes this.

If you've been able to add this automation; would it be possible for you to make a new mod that *removes* the auto-trash / shortcut to trash behavior? We keep losing piles of stuff to the trash by accident, and would love to have a mod that removes this.
You can disable the mod, or disable the feature temporarily by clicking the toggle button. I'm not sure why you'd have the mod enabled if you don't want what it does, maybe I'm not following what you mean.

Sorry for the confusion - I posted here because I'm really frustrated with terraria's auto-trashing behaviour. I was hoping to find someone who understood the code well enough to make a mod that *removes* all the auto-trash functionality.

I realize I'm kind of hijacking the thread to go the other direction. Sorry about that. I'm just desperate to find someway to get rid of the entire thing. (without disabling or interfereing with the smart cursor or being able to shift-click stacks to move them around otherwise.)

At this point, I'd be happy just to delete the trash-can entirely. I can just sell stuff to a merchant for 0 if I *really* need to delete something from existence.

Sorry for the confusion - I posted here because I'm really frustrated with terraria's auto-trashing behaviour. I was hoping to find someone who understood the code well enough to make a mod that *removes* all the auto-trash functionality.

I realize I'm kind of hijacking the thread to go the other direction. Sorry about that. I'm just desperate to find someway to get rid of the entire thing. (without disabling or interfereing with the smart cursor or being able to shift-click stacks to move them around otherwise.)

At this point, I'd be happy just to delete the trash-can entirely. I can just sell stuff to a merchant for 0 if I *really* need to delete something from existence.
Ok, as far as I know, Terraria doesn't have any auto-trashing behavior, only manually trashing by shift click. But yeah, that's not something I would want to get into, maybe someone else can make a mod that disables shift click trashing altogether for you.

Ok, as far as I know, Terraria doesn't have any auto-trashing behavior, only manually trashing by shift click. But yeah, that's not something I would want to get into, maybe someone else can make a mod that disables shift click trashing altogether for you.
That "shift-click sending stuff into the trash when there isn't space to send the stuff to" is exactly the behaviour I'm hoping to find someone able to remove. Well, thanks for looking at it. Hopefully someone takes up the challenge.

Is there a way for you to add a search system? Sometimes I end up accidentally putting items in the autotrash or I don't realize I might need it later.
It is possible, just not high on my todo list, I'm working on tmod itself for the duration. Anyone is willing to make a pull request if they have the programming skills though.

Since it's on alpha 1.4, I highly suggest adding a configuration option to auto trash researched items for players in Journey Mode

So I'm having an issue that just popped up where the etherian mana and defender's medals from OOA get auto trashed. I even disabled auto trash entirely, re enabled, went in and they auto trashed. I'm using advanced world generation, all items in vanity slots, magic storage, and auto trash. I've been using them all for days and haven't seen this behavior before, though I haven't bothered with OOA until now. Sorry to bother you, I appreciate all the hard work you do here

So I'm having an issue that just popped up where the etherian mana and defender's medals from OOA get auto trashed. I even disabled auto trash entirely, re enabled, went in and they auto trashed. I'm using advanced world generation, all items in vanity slots, magic storage, and auto trash. I've been using them all for days and haven't seen this behavior before, though I haven't bothered with OOA until now. Sorry to bother you, I appreciate all the hard work you do here
Are you sure everything works fine when the mod isn't enabled? Turning the feature off (the small button on the trash slot) should disable all autotrashing logic, so I'm not sure how things would be doing that when that is disabled. You can also try the checkboxes, maybe its falsely trashing because of one of those options.

Are you sure everything works fine when the mod isn't enabled? Turning the feature off (the small button on the trash slot) should disable all autotrashing logic, so I'm not sure how things would be doing that when that is disabled. You can also try the checkboxes, maybe its falsely trashing because of one of those options.
Edit:nvm I figured it out, boss bags and ooa stuff have no value technically, I understand now. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom