Like the idea?

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Nope

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Realith

Dungeon Spirit
Everyone knows how annoying manually placing torches is. So I'm suggesting an accessory that would automatically place torches.

It would be sold my the Skeleton Merchant at the same time the Magic lantern is Available.

Its appearance would simply be a belt with torches on it (I was also thinking of a claw that would hold a torch in front of the player but I'll let you decide).

Buy price: 1 gold 50 silver

After going down to cavern level it would start placing torches every two seconds. If there is no wall behind you, it would place the torch on the nearest solid block.

(P.S I have an interest it spriting this, any suggestions on the topic?)

What do you think TFC?

Last edited:
What exactly do you mean with automatically? When the light level gets to a certain level?

I think this would be a little hard to implement/use and really serves no purpose.
And plus, I don't want to be wasting all my torches, realizing that I have accidentally put his on, and going back to collect them all.
I don't even find manually placing torches all that hard at all.

Nope. I use torches constantly, and I strongly doubt that any automatic method would put them in locations I find ideal

Wow it's been a while with no activity, but I actually disagree. While smart cursor does a great job of placing torches while exploring caves, I do find it annoying to keep going back and forth between torches and whatever else I'm holding, or smart and regular cursor. Or even just having to tell smart cursor to place them. My hand gets tired man.

That said, given 1.4 now exists, I think this should just be built into the torch gods favor, not a specific item.

I think it should be a mod. Be it an accessory or not. The distance between torches should be settable or it should place them as far apart as the smart cursor does. It should be togglable (next to a ruler, biom torches, wire vision etc.).

Back
Top Bottom