Guide Automating Fishing

Good to know. Though unless you're playing multiplayer and can't convince the host to add any mod to reduce the fishing grind, it's not a great option then.
Have you tried the edited script I posted early here? Pretty sure I had most of the timing issues ironed out. I'm happy to dial it in more for working with different computers.

Hey, would it be possible for you to make a little demonstration video? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but the rod reels in randomly, even when there isn't a fish biting.

Edit: just did a tiny bit more testing, does it have to do with the location of my cursor? I know in the code that you edited you put some instructions about the cursor. If that is the case, a little picture of the location would be great! Thank you! :cool:

Hey, would it be possible for you to make a little demonstration video? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but the rod reels in randomly, even when there isn't a fish biting.

Edit: just did a tiny bit more testing, does it have to do with the location of my cursor? I know in the code that you edited you put some instructions about the cursor. If that is the case, a little picture of the location would be great! Thank you! :cool:
I tried to make it work based on putting your cursor tip in the center of your bobber, but you may get less false positives if you aim about 2 pixels above the water line. It's been pretty reliable then. However, it will never be perfect. It has a built in timeout where it will click to cast if it doesn't detect movement. This is in case the script desyncs or a cast gets interrupted by something. The script isn't perfect, in an ideal setup I still see 1/20 casts do a false positive. Lava fishing will always have lots of false positives from the light changes and sputtering. Haven't tested the new glowing bobbers. It may help or hurt the reliability.... this should be obvious, but don't use the rainbow one.

Edit: I'll have a shimmer based skyblock map out soon, so this script is gonna get a workout!

I tried to make it work based on putting your cursor tip in the center of your bobber, but you may get less false positives if you aim about 2 pixels above the water line. It's been pretty reliable then. However, it will never be perfect. It has a built in timeout where it will click to cast if it doesn't detect movement. This is in case the script desyncs or a cast gets interrupted by something. The script isn't perfect, in an ideal setup I still see 1/20 casts do a false positive. Lava fishing will always have lots of false positives from the light changes and sputtering. Haven't tested the new glowing bobbers. It may help or hurt the reliability.... this should be obvious, but don't use the rainbow one.

Edit: I'll have a shimmer based skyblock map out soon, so this script is gonna get a workout!
Gotcha, thanks!

Also, I'll be waiting for the new script 👀👀

Gotcha, thanks!

Also, I'll be waiting for the new script 👀👀
You mean map? The script works as well as I can make it work, I just mean it'll be getting used very heavily again.

The deed is done. I present what I believe to be the first proper map for Terraria 1.4.4, a minimal skyblock map based on the Shimmer transmutation mechanic as well as the new special seeds. Enjoy your afk fishing folks.:D

EDIT:Hey guys, what do you think are some good keys to switch the fishing script to use now that F1-F3 are used to swap loadouts in 1.4.4? F5 and F6 are a logical choice and do work, but they have uses in windows desktop and the browser, and of course you don't want the possibility of accidentally hitting Alt+F5.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom