Weapons & Equip Awful, terrible new modifiers (for mapmaking)

RealSaucer

Skeletron
This idea is pretty simple: Add more bad modifiers to Terraria. Like, modifiers that are -75% or 90% damage. I'm serious.

Now, you may wonder why in Cthulhu's name I would want that?

Mapmaking. There are a lot of items in Terraria that have really fun and unique mechanics. A great example is the weapons from the Eternia Crystal events, like the tornado attack. These would be very fun to use in maps, but the amount of damage they do makes it quite hard to balance it out with other weapons. With these really bad modifiers maps could become super diverse when it comes to weaponry. You could essentially have a Light's Bane in one chest and an Excalibur in the other and still have it be rather balanced.

Of course, it wouldn't really be fun if these modifiers were added in the standard pool, so you could end up with a useless Meowmere or something. My proposal is these modifiers are added separately somehow. I have a few ideas for how this could be added:

1. The Tinkerer sells a 'broken anvil' item which only gives really, really bad modifiers
2. If you pay the Tinkerer with dirt instead of coins you get a really, really bad modifier
3. A separate 'deforge' tab for the Tinkerer

brb giving lazy squeakers who can't be bothered to go through game progression to get X strong item that beg for said item on the steam forums a really low damage modifier high end item, if only I could do that but I can't since this suggestion isn't an actual ingame thing

That would also encourage more users to use the tinkerer, if they got a normally good weapon with a terrible modifier. I've noticed that people don't really pay attention to reforging in 1.3

That would also encourage more users to use the tinkerer, if they got a normally good weapon with a terrible modifier. I've noticed that people don't really pay attention to reforging in 1.3
People mostly don't pay any attention to modifiers is because it costs like 10 platinum for one good modifier.

nah, most items aren't so expensive! and you get quite rich in pre-hardmode if you Don't rush. 4 plats is enough to reforge many items. but after all, I didn't reforge my terra blade and I saw it wasn't very cheap xD

btw: warding ftw

nah, most items aren't so expensive! and you get quite rich in pre-hardmode if you Don't rush. 4 plats is enough to reforge many items. but after all, I didn't reforge my terra blade and I saw it wasn't very cheap xD

btw: warding ftw
I personally only bother with menacing/lucky as who needs survivability if you can just easily kill enemies with high damage.

Back
Top Bottom