Baby Shark Begone!

GlauGast

Terrarian
Lilodon-Banner.png

This little texture replacer/resprite is pretty straightforward.
The goofy looking Baby Shark pet is replaced by a Lilodon from Starbound! Because I like the Lilodon as a creature/pet.
Enjoy!

Other texture packs used in the screenshot:
Calamity Texture pack
Visible Cursor by Rhebok

Download Link Below (UPDATED)

Attachments

• Baby Shark Begone 1.1.zip
    10.2 KB · Views: 439
Last edited:
Isn't it copyright infringement if you simply take something from different games and port it into the game?
It seems to be an exact resprite and not simply a homage.

Isn't it copyright infringement if you simply take something from different games and port it into the game?
I did recreate the sprite from scratch and it is slightly different than the original, including its animation frames, nothing here is taken/or ported over, I only used an image of the Lilodon to make this.
I'm in no way monetising/charging for this, and it's meant purely as an aesthetic change ingame.

I did recreate the sprite from scratch and it is slightly different than the original, including its animation frames, nothing here is taken/or ported over, I only used an image of the Lilodon to make this.
I'm in no way monetising/charging for this, and it's meant purely as an aesthetic change ingame.
I know. I am not a pro on legal rights and infringements. But I know that some companies sue people for even the smallest things, even if the content is made up from scratch. It still can be a carbon-hard copy.
I was metery asking.
I like it because the vanilla shark is stupid.

I know. I am not a pro on legal rights and infringements. But I know that some companies sue people for even the smallest things, even if the content is made up from scratch. It still can be a carbon-hard copy.
I was metery asking.
I like it because the vanilla shark is stupid.
If people can get sued over a :red:ing texture pack, I'm gonna have an aneurysm.

i dont think its illegal if the community puts something from one game in another without permission

just take a look at the rivals of aether modding community

i dont think its illegal if the community puts something from one game in another without permission

Well if that's the case then the people who made tons of mods of pop culture references and other genres for Skyrim are going to get sued real hard > >
In any case if this infringes any sort of copyright, I'll take it down.

Might want to mention that your using Calamity Texturepack in the screenshot. I know some people wont be able to tell
Yep noted!

Well, it is actually illegal to take someones intellectual property, and just copy it.
Well if that's the case then the people who made tons of mods of pop culture references and other genres for Skyrim are going to get sued real hard > >
In any case if this infringes any sort of copyright, I'll take it down.
You are allowed to create homages to something.
A cute, chubby shark with legs is not a carbon-hard copy of a creature called a "Lilodon". A reference, as you called it, isn't a copy. Crossovers aren't illegal. Terrarias Link set, while resembling Link, is not a straight rip from a Zelda game. Or the Creeper, or whatnot.
I am sure that nothing ever gonna happen, but the Starbound devs are legally allowed to contact you and force you to remove that mod, in theory. If you, in theory refuse, they are legally allowed to sue you.
I didn't really expect that post to spark such a discussion on a simple texture pack post, sorry.

Well, it is actually illegal to take someones intellectual property, and just copy it.

A cute, chubby shark with legs is not a carbon-hard copy of a creature called a "Lilodon". A reference, as you called it, isn't a copy. Crossovers aren't illegal. Terrarias Link set, while resembling Link, is not a straight rip from a Zelda game. Or the Creeper, or whatnot.
I am sure that nothing ever gonna happen, but the Starbound devs are legally allowed to contact you and force you to remove that mod, in theory. If you, in theory refuse, they are legally allowed to sue you.
I didn't really expect that post to spark such a discussion on a simple texture pack post, sorry.

Chill dude, it's a shark with legs. It's like if I made a fat cat pet in Minecraft and suddenly I'm forced to take it down because Jim Davis created Garfield and now only he can draw cats that are fat. Nintendo created Legend of Zelda so now you can't create a pointy green hat anymore, even if they existed long before the games, shh, Nintendo made a pixel one and now they own all pointy green hats.

I know, no worries mate. I just really like certain aspects of Starbound, and some creatures I find would work really well in Terraria is all.

Back
Top Bottom