Blocks & Decoration Background doors

inomanoms

Eye of Cthulhu
It would be nice if when attempted to be placed in spot against the floor with player placed background wall and no lintel, doors would appear as 2 by 3 tile background decorations.

It was not long after people were faking windows with glass blocks that glass walls were introduced in 1.2. For me, the ability to created background doors is a logical next step.

Background doors can be emulated easily, it'd be too complex to go into detail over, look at some of Yrimir's videos and you'll find how he took advantage of hammered blocks and opened doors.

Do you mean 1.1?

I guess I did.

Background doors can be emulated easily, it'd be too complex to go into detail over, look at some of Yrimir's videos and you'll find how he took advantage of hammered blocks and opened doors.

I am familiar with Yrimir's videos, but if you know specifically where to find this, it would be nice of you to link since there are so many.

I have emulated open background corridors and closets before with paint, but still feel background doors would be nice (and sensible) addition.

Here is an example of some background doors and hallways that I made for a hospital build a long time ago:
Capture46.PNG

Here is an example where open doors have been placed into the game via a map editor in their open state (upper floor). You have to be careful with wiring though--these doors are fragile and will break if, for example a toggle-able torch is placed next to them.
Capture46a.PNG

Edit: on second thought, these doors are probably just opened doors with blocks over them that have been hammered to half-block after the door has been placed. If so, it's still strange that these doors can be "opened".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom