Blocks & Decoration Background that actually interacts with the foreground

Cthugh

Cultist
OK, have you tried to build an adventure map with wire puzzles and so? But you don't want to show all the wire connections to the player?

Well, then it can be use full my first suggestion: wired background! [needs a better name...]

Wired background
The idea:
This is a background wall that glows [an animated sprite of electricity flowing] when a powered wire goes over it, that way a player could see some of the wire connections without looking the whole thing, the color they glow depends on the wire color that pass over it.

They fill a hole tile, but not meals of the adjacent like most other background walls. There three variants of the wall, one with glass edge, other with a black edge and a last one with a white edge.

It doesn't need that the whole wall is powered just one part, if two wires power it, the color changes to white, it can power objects in the foreground. I want to add more mechanics to it.

The recipe:
2 glass
1 wire
1 iron
=wired background x8

Sprites!
Nop, I don't have one (currently out of computer) but feel free to help me. Please!

Circuit board wall (thanks to Juper0)
The idea
Elegant looking circuit boards, not too much to say, have little lights when powered, can be used to show when a circuit is powered.
Have three lights, one red, other blue and the last one green, and each glows depending on the wire.
Mostly for decoration.

The Recipe:
2 iron
1 wire
= circuit board x4

Finally some sprites?
Nop, still out of pc using my tablet

Glowing wall
The idea:
A background wall that provides a faint amount of light, actually pretty simply, good for map makers or people who dislike putting torches all around his/her house.
It can lid blocks in front of the wall (making pixel/block creations more visible)

The recipe:
1 glass
1 torch
1 wire
= glowing wall x6

Sprites?
Nop,still out of computer... But looking how to make them with the tablet

More coming soon!

Last edited:
what about making the background just be part of the wiring? make it look like circuit boards or something?

what about making the background just be part of the wiring? make it look like circuit boards or something?
I also though about that, but then I realize about the different wire colors and what would happen if two wires touches the same wired wall and yep, I like the idea of circuit boards, I will added if you don't mind...

Back
Top Bottom