Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Linux Other
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
A little while ago, I was attempting to use White Lighting mode on Terraria. I very quickly found out that, in White Lighting (I'm running on Linux Mint XFCE version), background walls do not properly render, and the majority of them are missing. I saw a previous thread on this, however it was from a while ago and there was no definitive answer as to how to solve the problem. Screenshots can be provided if needed. If anybody could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies in advance for low screen quality!

Screenshot one is my base, with the bottom walls glitching out and some showing as black.

Second screenshot is a much more severe variant of the issue, with the majority of walls not rendering and noticeably more black spots. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the textures somehow missing, however I've verified the file integrity and all of them are there.

Note that this also occurs with color lighting, but not retro nor trippy. I can link the thread from October last year if that helps!

Attachments

• 20210416210635_1.jpg
    20210416210635_1.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 143
  • 20210416210653_1.jpg
    20210416210653_1.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 138
I also see this. Terraria v1.4.2.3 on Steam. Arch Linux Intel Mesa drivers 21.1.1, issue seen on both KDE Plasma (X11) & Cinnamon DE. The underground background does not render properly on color or white lighting setting, but as OP suggests is OK with retro or trippy lighting.

As I mine, the overground background shows, very odd, while little blocks of the underground background occasionally appear, or large areas of black. Sometimes as I move down the correct background fills in above me, but never quite reaching me, and if I climb back up it disappears and the overground background surrounds me like a halo.

See attached screenshots. No movement between taking them, just changing the lighting mode.

Attachments

• terraria-retro-lighting.jpg
    terraria-retro-lighting.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 97
  • terraria-color-lighting.jpg
    terraria-color-lighting.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 58
Back
Top Bottom