Weapons & Equip Bad Prefixes: Please Remove These

In the real world.

Last I checked, this past month's Solar Eclipse did not give me any Broken Hero swords, so I wasn't able to make a Terra Blade, nor do I know where a Goblin Tinkerer might live so I can test that theory in the real world.

In-game != Real World and Real World != In-game

Just because there's "risk" of business IRL does not mean this risk must exist in a game about fairies, unicorns, flying eyeball monsters, giant bees, and floating brains with mouths and teeth.

The only time such things should be carried over, is when they present and actual gameplay addition to the game. Clicking the "reforge" button several more times does not give us "actual gameplay addition", nor do I think going out and killing Golem 20 more times for more platinum give me any more "actual gameplay addition".

Introducing something purely for grind in a game that does not have a monthly subscription is just ridiculous. Terraria has plenty of content available that we don't need almost-forced grind. We already have ludicrously low RNG on important gear (Keymolds), do we also need a money sink too? I understand a money sink to get the best reforges, but again, it can also punish players who just want something that doesn't have red numbers on it.

At least if this were a monthly sub game, we could argue that Grind is there because they want to inflate time spent in-game to get more monthly subscription fees out of us. That's why most MMOs are grindy and sometimes time-gated. Terraria is not that, though. $10 and you have the game forever. There's no reason to inflate game hours with boring repetitive grind when there's plenty of content to be had in the game, and we're getting even MORE soon.

You're arguing against a point I never made. I never said that it should exist in game because it exists in real life. I never said whether the goblin 'stealing' your money was a good or bad thing.

My five word comment was basically meant to say, "Heh, that's what happens in the real world". And nothing more than that.

My five word comment was basically meant to say, "Heh, that's what happens in the real world". And nothing more than that.

My apologies, then.

Usually when someone says "That's how it is in RL", they mean "It is in RL therefore it should be in-game" when it comes to suggestion threads.

Guess Xylias getting a lotta Flak. (Ba dum tiss)

'Flak' is a stronger, more hostile word to say when you're giving someone critism. Literally speaking, nothing I said was hostile or excessive. Not intentionally, anyway.

Anyway, off topic is off topic.

Reactions: Azu
But yeah, remove bad prefixes from the goblin, as you don't shove money in someones face only for them to render your holy blade useless.
As Megamage said it adds a risk or profit feature and you can take the gamble or not (It's kinda your fault for taking the gamble)

However, I think it should not be possible to get 2 good/bad prefixes in a row.

I think it shouldn't be possible to get the same prefix twice in a row though, it's one thing for the goblin tinkerer to break your weapons, but in my opinion it's a lot worse when you pay him and he does absolutely nothing.

I've reforged and gotten "Annoying" three separate times on the exact same set of reforges. Once, got "Broken" four times.

So, while there should be bad prefixes, there also needs to be some way of making it so that they don't completely reduce the usefulness of their respective item. That, and there really needs to be more changes to it, because as far as I know there's no prefix that boosts a weapon's damage by 30% that "Broken" will take 30% off for...

I did double-check on the wiki, and there is nothing that boosts damage by 20% nor even close to 30%, yet "Broken" will gladly subtract 30%. If the bad prefixes were lessened in severity at least to a point that the worst were equal to what the best would provide (that is to say, "Legendary" gives +15% damage, so why does "Broken" not take -15% damage instead of twice that amount?)

Alternate solutions aside, no support.

Obviously, yes. 3 Broken Hero Swords = True Night's Edge, True Excalibur, and Terra Blade. Make all of them and it (the Terra Blade Itself) comes out "Broken" (or any other 'full negative' prefix)... of course. I've made 5 Terra Blades over different playthroughs... 3 of them were bad stats, 1 of them was a neutral/normal Terra Blade, and the last was a mild positive stat.

Obviously, yes. 3 Broken Hero Swords = True Night's Edge, True Excalibur, and Terra Blade. Make all of them and it (the Terra Blade Itself) comes out "Broken" (or any other 'full negative' prefix)... of course. I've made 5 Terra Blades over different playthroughs... 3 of them were bad stats, 1 of them was a neutral/normal Terra Blade, and the last was a mild positive stat.

Oh I thought you were upset that the hero sword had broken in its name. :p

The thing with this, is you can argue, dynamite traps, boulder traps add nothing to the game.
They are an annoyance.

They add fun. And let red troll people. They are good and fun to have.

As Megamage said it adds a risk or profit feature and you can take the gamble or not (It's kinda your fault for taking the gamble)

However, I think it should not be possible to get 2 good/bad prefixes in a row.
Exactly. Risk & Reward

Taking away bad prefixes would ruin the game by always giving good prefixes. It makes people spend more time getting coins or the giant coin to get better/worse prefixes, but still making them play the game. I personally think this thread should be removed because it's not something the game needs nor does it have potential, but that's my opinion.

Hiho,

what would be my money-grinder without a Broken Slime Staff and a Lucky Coin?
You only have to make the good out of the bad.
And if you compare the prices of reforging Weapons and reforging accessoires,
Im happy with bad prefixes on weapons, the accessoires are only getting bonuses and
are sooooo expensive.

Regards
Phoenix

Back
Top Bottom