tModLoader Bags of Holding

Updated this mod to v1.4, and boy, does it add some changes:

- Mod is now (almost) totally configurable, from how to use the bags, to what the bags store, to what they pick up and more.
- Added tons of Mod Compatibility.
- And all of this is (mostly) multiplayer synchronized and compatible (different bag contents configuration between client and server may result in weirdness).

Check the Github wiki for more information on how to use the new config system.

Hey man this is great but one thing that might help is a mob bag basically a bag to hold basic non boss drops
I have played around with this mod a little bit and I think that it would be a great idea to not make it limited to make it an accessory. I think that it would be better if you could just have it in your inventory or maybe if not, have a special button to open the bag without having to left-click the ground/chest or have it in your hot bar to open it.

Hey! I have the True Omni Bag in expert mode and I'd like to change the mod's config in order to prevent it from taking the treasure bags. I'm looking at the bag's config but I'm not sure what to change from there. I'd really appreciate the help. Thank you!

Hey! I have the True Omni Bag in expert mode and I'd like to change the mod's config in order to prevent it from taking the treasure bags. I'm looking at the bag's config but I'm not sure what to change from there. I'd really appreciate the help. Thank you!
If it's just the vanilla treasure bags, you can simply add the IDs of the bags to the noPickup list, like so:
Code:
"noPickup": [
  "3318",
  "3319",
  "3320",
  "3321",
  "3322",
  "3323",
  "3324",
  "3325",
  "3326",
  "3327",
  "3328",
  "3329",
  "3330",
  "3331",
  "3332",
  "3860",
  "3861",
  "3862"
  ]
These are all Vanilla Boss Bags. For Modded boss bags, you will find out its TagID, by turning the "displayTagOnTooltip" option on, and hover in game over the bags and copy this tag to the "noPickup" list. For instance, the Boss bag for the Cooler boss in Battle Rods is "UnuBattleRods:CoolerBossBag", and Thorium's Lich boss bag is "ThoriumMod:LichBag". Simply add them to the list like so:
Code:
  "3318",
  (...)
  "3862", 
  "UnuBattleRods:CoolerBossBag",
  "ThoriumMod:LichBag"
]

You can add any mod you want, even if you are not playing with them. The list will simply ignore unloaded mods.

If it's just the vanilla treasure bags, you can simply add the IDs of the bags to the noPickup list, like so:
Code:
  "3318",
  "3319",
  "3320",
  "3321",
  "3322",
  "3323",
  "3324",
  "3325",
  "3326",
  "3327",
  "3328",
  "3329",
  "3330",
  "3331",
  "3332",
  "3860",
  "3861",
  "3862"
  ]
These are all Vanilla Boss Bags. For Modded boss bags, you will find out its TagID, by turning the "displayTagOnTooltip" option on, and hover in game over the bags and copy this tag to the "noPickup" list. For instance, the Boss bag for the Cooler boss in Battle Rods is "UnuBattleRods:CoolerBossBag", and Thorium's Lich boss bag is "ThoriumMod:LichBag". Simply add them to the list like so:
Code:
  "3318",
  (...)
  "3862",
  "UnuBattleRods:CoolerBossBag",
  "ThoriumMod:LichBag"
]

You can add any mod you want, even if you are not playing with them. The list will simply ignore unloaded mods.

Thank you! This might take a while.

Edit: Here's the config file for the True Omni Bag with an incomplete boss list from some popular mods in case anyone needs it for the same reason I needed it :)
I have coin pick up set to false, by the way.

Code:
{
  "disableBag": false,
  "leftClickOnFloor": true,
  "leftClickOnChest": true,
  "leftClickOnPiggyBank": true,
  "coinPickup": false,
  "blacklist": [],
  "3318",
  "3319",
  "3320",
  "3321",
  "3322",
  "3323",
  "3324",
  "3325",
  "3326",
  "3327",
  "3328",
  "3329",
  "3330",
  "3331",
  "3332",
  "3860",
  "3861",
  "3862",
  "CalamityMod:AquaticScourgeBag",
  "CalamityMod:AstrumDeusBag",
  "CalamityMod:BrimstoneWaifuBag",
  "CalamityMod:BumblebirbBag",
  "CalamityMod:CalamitasBag",
  "CalamityMod:CrabulonBag",
  "CalamityMod:CryogenBag",
  "CalamityMod:DesertScourgeBag",
  "CalamityMod:HiveMindBag",
  "CalamityMod:LeviathanBag",
  "CalamityMod:PerforatorBag",
  "CalamityMod:PlaguebringerGoliathBag",
  "CalamityMod:PolterghastBag",
  "CalamityMod:ProvidenceBag",
  "CalamityMod:RavagerBag",
  "CalamityMod:SlimeGodBag",
  "CalamityMod:DevourerofGodsBag",
  "CalamityMod:YharonBag",
  "ElementsAwoken:AqueousBag",
  "ElementsAwoken:InfernaceBag",
  "ElementsAwoken:PermafrostBag",
  "ElementsAwoken:RegarothBag",
  "ElementsAwoken:TheCelestialBag",
  "ElementsAwoken:GuardianBag",
  "ElementsAwoken:VoidLeviathanBag",
  "ElementsAwoken:WastelandBag",
  "ThoriumMod:AbyssionBag",
  "ThoriumMod:BoreanBag",
  "ThoriumMod:CultistBag",
  "ThoriumMod:DarkMageBag",
  "ThoriumMod:OgreBag",
  "ThoriumMod:RagBag",
  "ThoriumMod:GraniteBag",
  "ThoriumMod:BeholderBag",
  "ThoriumMod:HeroBag",
  "ThoriumMod:LichBag",
  "ThoriumMod:JellyFishBag",
  "ThoriumMod:ScouterBag",
  "ThoriumMod:ThunderBirdBag",
  "JoostMod:GilgBag",
  "JoostMod:GrandCactusWormBag",
  "JoostMod:JumboCactuarBag",
  "JoostMod:XBag",
  "Tremor:ParadoxTitanBag",
  "Tremor:AlchemasterTreasureBag",
  "Tremor:AncientDragonBag",
  "Tremor:AndasBag",
  "Tremor:BrutalliskBag",
  "Tremor:CyberKingBag",
  "Tremor:DarkEmperorBag",
  "Tremor:EvilCornBag",
  "Tremor:FrostKingbag",
  "Tremor:FungusBeetleBag",
  "Tremor:HeaterOfWorldsBag",
  "Tremor:PixieQueenBag",
  "Tremor:SpaceWhaleTreasureBag",
  "Tremor:StormJellyfishBag",
  "Tremor:TikiTotemBag",
  "Tremor:TrinityBag1",
  "Tremor:TrinityBag2",
  "Tremor:TrinityBag3",
  "Tremor:VultureKingBag",
  "Tremor:WallofShadowBag",
  "Tremor:CogLordBag",
  "Tremor:MotherboardBag",
  "SpiritMod:AtlasBag",
  "SpiritMod:BagOScarabs",
  "SpiritMod:DuskingBag",
  "SpiritMod:FlyerBag",
  "SpiritMod:IlluminantBag",
  "SpiritMod:InfernonBag",
  "SpiritMod:OverseerBag",
  "SpiritMod:ReachBossBag",
  "SpiritMod:SpiritCoreBag",
  "SpiritMod:SteamRaiderBag",
  ]
}

Last edited:
Since the 1.4 update I had an issue whenever I opened my inventory with a bag in it.
This message also appears on entering a world for the first time in a session.
Silently Caught Exception: The object must implement an interface IConvertible. in System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider) in Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.<>c.<ActivateExceptionReporting>b__15_0(Object sender, FirstChanceExceptionEventArgs exceptionArgs)
in System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider)
in System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType)
in Terraria.IO.Preferences.Get[T](String name, T defaultValue)
in JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.BagsOfHoldingMod.getStringListFromConfig(Preferences configuration, String tokenID) in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\BagsOfHoldingMod.cs:string 541
in JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.Items.GenericHoldingBag.loadBagInfoFromConfig() in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\Items\GenericHoldingBag.cs:string 710
in JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.Items.GenericHoldingBag.basestSeupItemList() in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\Items\GenericHoldingBag.cs:string 80
in JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.Items.GenericHoldingBag.setupItemList() in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\Items\GenericHoldingBag.cs:string 63
in JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.Items.FishingBag.setupItemList() in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\Items\FishingBag.cs:string 58
in JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.Items.GenericHoldingBag.SetDefaults() in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\Items\GenericHoldingBag.cs:string 59
in JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.Items.FishingBag.SetDefaults() in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\Items\FishingBag.cs:string 51
in JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.Items.GenericHoldingBag.Clone() in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\Items\GenericHoldingBag.cs:string 536
in Terraria.ModLoader.ModItem.NewInstance(Item itemClone)
in Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.SetDefaults(Item item, Boolean createModItem)
in Terraria.Item.SetDefaults(Int32 Type, Boolean noMatCheck)
in Terraria.Item.netDefaults(Int32 type)
in Terraria.UI.ItemSorting.SetupWhiteLists()
in Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
in System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
in System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
in System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
in System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
I'm not sure whether this error is caused by this mod, tModLoader or something that I did.

Attachments

• bagbug.png
    bagbug.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 315
Since the 1.4 update I had an issue whenever I opened my inventory with a bag in it.
This message also appears on entering a world for the first time in a session. I'm not sure whether this error is caused by this mod, tModLoader or something that I did.
I've had this bug intermittently trough development, and the reason getting the string list is implemented like it is was to stop this bug from occorruing. It's harmless (except making the log almost unreadeable). It happens because Terraria tries to read the config, reads it's a list and tries to convert it to whatever we request it to be. Now, I endeded up solving that problem (mostly) by requesting the list as a JSON object Array, the object it natively stores it to. But sometimes, it tries to convert the object even then, and "fails". No idea why it logs on some computers and others not, though.

I'm having the same issue as Mr_Rixa. While fishing the "Fishing Bag" will not automatically add caught fish or crates to the bag. The fish and crates can still be placed in the bag manually or by picking it up off the ground. Potential bait caught with the bug net is automatically added though.

I've had this bug intermittently trough development, and the reason getting the string list is implemented like it is was to stop this bug from occorruing. It's harmless (except making the log almost unreadeable). It happens because Terraria tries to read the config, reads it's a list and tries to convert it to whatever we request it to be. Now, I endeded up solving that problem (mostly) by requesting the list as a JSON object Array, the object it natively stores it to. But sometimes, it tries to convert the object even then, and "fails". No idea why it logs on some computers and others not, though.
would you willing to update this mod on the first page here? cuz by some reason i cannot visit the mod browser and the link on the first page is a really early post.
also, the github version doesn't offer a .tmod file(or would you be so kind to tell me how could i get the.tmod file there?).
thanks in advance.

My game crashes when I try to make any of the combination bags (nature,fishing,omni) but only when I host the server using a .bat file (start-tModLoaderServer). Hosting from the game using host & play and single player seem to work fine.
Object synchronization method was called from an unsynchronized block of code.
at Terraria.IO.Preferences.Save(Boolean createFile)
at JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.Items.GenericHoldingBag.loadBagInfoFromConfig() in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\Items\GenericHoldingBag.cs:line 715
at JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.Items.GenericHoldingBag.basestSeupItemList() in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\Items\GenericHoldingBag.cs:line 80
at JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.Items.GenericHoldingBag.setupItemList() in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\Items\GenericHoldingBag.cs:line 63
at JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.Items.NatureBag.setupItemList() in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\Items\NatureBag.cs:line 60
at JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.Items.GenericHoldingBag.SetDefaults() in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\Items\GenericHoldingBag.cs:line 59
at JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.Items.NatureBag.SetDefaults() in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\Items\NatureBag.cs:line 53
at JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.Items.GenericHoldingBag.Clone() in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\Items\GenericHoldingBag.cs:line 536
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModItem.NewInstance(Item itemClone)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModItem.Clone(Item item)
at Terraria.Item.Clone()
at Terraria.Player.clientClone()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)

My game crashes when I try to make any of the combination bags (nature,fishing,omni) but only when I host the server using a .bat file (start-tModLoaderServer). Hosting from the game using host & play and single player seem to work fine.
at JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.Items.GenericHoldingBag.loadBagInfoFromConfig() in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\Items\GenericHoldingBag.cs:line 715
at JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.Items.GenericHoldingBag.basestSeupItemList() in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\Items\GenericHoldingBag.cs:line 80
at JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.Items.GenericHoldingBag.setupItemList() in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\Items\GenericHoldingBag.cs:line 63
at JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.Items.NatureBag.setupItemList() in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\Items\NatureBag.cs:line 60
at JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.Items.GenericHoldingBag.SetDefaults() in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\Items\GenericHoldingBag.cs:line 59
at JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.Items.NatureBag.SetDefaults() in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\Items\NatureBag.cs:line 53
at JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.Items.GenericHoldingBag.Clone() in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\Items\GenericHoldingBag.cs:line 536
at Terraria.Item.Clone()
Can confirm this is a bug when running a tModLoader server through the provided tModLoaderServer.exe
https://hastebin.com/wikenukoti.js
https://github.com/JPANv2/BagsOfHolding/issues/1

EDIT: Does not work on Host & Play, either.

Last edited:
I have played around with this mod a little bit and I think that it would be a great idea to not make it limited to make it an accessory. I think that it would be better if you could just have it in your inventory or maybe if not, have a special button to open the bag without having to left-click the ground/chest or have it in your hot bar to open it.

I second this, more or less. Having to give up accessory slots for auto pickup really stinks. (Nvm, just noticed on page 3 you can change config to enable auto pickup without accessory slot)
I can live with having to use the hotbar, although being able to open the bags without it would be nice too. I do have an actual suggestion though. A "small bag" that doesn't filter what you put into it, but uses regular stack sizes and has limited slots, kinda like Portable Storage bags. The idea is, it would help with inventory management early game when using mods that spam items that don't match any of your default bag categories, such as ingots or mob drops, and could be used along side your filtered bags, just holding a lot less.

Last edited:
I'm having a slight issue where (with the fishing bag, don't know about the rest) when items are first collected, they don't go into the bag. However, when I drop the items and pick them up again, they go into my bag. Also, not sure if this is meant to be the case, but fishing items like the purple clubfish and bombfish etc. aren't going into the bag at all.

So.... I Accidentally closed a bag with another bag with ton of good stuff in the bag so i Accidentally closed it and all my good stuff is gone is there a way to fix this? :sigh:

at Terraria.Item.Clone()

I am also getting this error and it's preventing me from using the omni bag when playing with others. I would like to note though that it seems to be a file read/access conflict as other players on the server can use the omni bag fine. (Since their terraria instance isn't trying to access the same files as the server)
Somewhere in digging through the logs I found a line that stated that the error occured because the file %userprofile%\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Configs\JPANsBagsOfHolding\Bags\OmniBag.json was already open by another process. I'm having trouble finding that line again, but what I'm seeing with crashes lines up with this being a file access issue.

Attachments

• Runtime Error.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 214
I was actually thinking about making this mod and then found out you did.

What do you think about extending the item groups to work while interacting with chests. For example, If you double click on a daybloom while holding down a certain key, it'll move all the other herbs in your inventory into your chest. This would mean that you take stuff out of the chest without having to open a bag.

I also think it'd be cool if you added some sort of feature for furniture, banners, statues, and maybe pot items (rope, shurkins, etc.) and and potion bags or other storage items. Maybe you could have something like a packaging accessory that would create packages in your inventory for these items whenever you picked up multiple. This would mean you don't have to keep bags in your inventory, but instead they'd be created and destroyed as you go.

Finally, I think it'd be cool if the Itemstack size reflected the quantity instead of including the quantity in the name.

I'd like it if there were an bad for potions (not the ingredients but the "results"). Gotta take all my buffs with me while keeping enough space to loot.

This is a mod that everyone needs if they have space issues in their inventory. Definitely.

Thing is, at the moment, with tModLoader and this mod fully up to date, I keep getting amazing amounts of errors. Here's something from the log.

Silently Caught Exception: Object must implement IConvertible. at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider) at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.<>c.<ActivateExceptionReporting>b__15_0(Object sender, FirstChanceExceptionEventArgs exceptionArgs)
at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider)
at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType)
at Terraria.IO.Preferences.Get[T](String name, T defaultValue)
at JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.BagsOfHoldingMod.getStringListFromConfig(Preferences configuration, String tokenID) in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\BagsOfHoldingMod.cs:line 541
at JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.Items.GenericHoldingBag.loadBagInfoFromConfig() in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\Items\GenericHoldingBag.cs:line 710
at JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.Items.OmniBag.setupItemList() in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\Items\OmniBag.cs:line 58
at JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod.Items.OmniBag.SetDefaults() in d:\Users\JPAN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod\Items\OmniBag.cs:line 51
at Terraria.Item.Clone()
at MouseHover_Patch0(Item[] inv, Int32 context, Int32 slot)
at Terraria.Main.DrawInventory()
at Terraria.Main.DrawInterface_27_Inventory()
at Terraria.Main.<SetupDrawInterfaceLayers>b__1623_23()
at Terraria.UI.LegacyGameInterfaceLayer.DrawSelf()
at Terraria.UI.GameInterfaceLayer.Draw()
at Terraria.Main.DrawInterface(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

Back
Top Bottom