tModLoader Bags

WHOni

Terrarian
icon.png

Discord Invite Link:
Join the Bags Mod Discord Server!
If youre looking for Drop Tables, there is a channel with a document on the server.

Patreon:
Jonas is creating Bags Mod for Terraria

BH Banner.png

BisectHosting:
Rent a server for your games here!
Use code "bags" for 25 % off!​

Hey o/,
I decided to share my mod here because why not.

First of all: The Bags Mod ONLY works with Calamity enabled, it is supposed to be an add-on for Vanilla+Calamity and wouldn't really make sense without Calamity.

Contents: This is a very simple mod, but practical. It adds more than 40 different Bags that all have unique drops and dropchances. They drop from all enemies (except from ones spawned by statues) and which one drops depends of the last Boss in the default progression of Calamity which has been killed, for example: If King Slime, Desert Scourge and Crabulon were killed, Post-Crabulon Bags can drop. They drop with a chance from 5-10 %, depends of how easy it is to farm enemies in the current stage of the game.

Config: This mod has a config, that allows you to customize the game however you want. You can disable/enable different categories of items and/or lower their droprates.

It also adds two new Town NPCs:
Bag Guide: Provides you with useful information via dialogues and informational items in the shop. Can arrive as soon as any boss has been killed.
Bag Manipulator: Sells potions which lower the tier of dropped bags in the world for 5 minutes. Can arrive as soon as at least one of these potions is available.

On the Discord server (invite link on top of this post) you will find a drop-tables channel with a document where you can see all drop tables, the chances and the amount of every single item that can drop.

Another small change: NPCs sell Ammunition Bags, for example a Musket Ball Bag which can be bought and drop a stack Musket Balls, this makes buying ammo way less tiring.

Purpose: This Mod was created with the purpose to put the focus a bit more on action and a bit less on farming and waiting. It doesn't make the game easier, it is just practical and saves time.

Version: 3.9 (TML v2023.12.3.1)
The Mod usually is constantly being updated.

v1.1:
-Compatibility with Calamity 1.4.2.107 (Rogue Update)

v1.2:
-Added a Post-Yharon Phase 1 Bag
-Enemies in the buffed Solar Eclipse can now drop a Darksun Fragment after the buffed Mothron has been killed
-Reduced drop-rates of bags for enemies in Lunar Events

v1.3:
-Added /bag, /bagt and /baghelp commands
-Made some drops dependent from other bosses so you can't skip bosses but still get their weapons
-Some rare or strong enemies/minibosses now drop bags with a higher chance

v1.4:
-Fixed a bug which caused some critters to drop bags in v1.3

v1.4.1:
-Fixed a mistake in the Post-Skeletron Prime Bag

v1.5:
-Normal enemies in the buffed Solar Eclipse can't drop Darksun Fragments anymore again because Calamity added the same thing in 1.4.2.108

v1.6:
-Compatibility with Calamity 1.4.2.111

v1.6.1:
-Updated /bag and /bagt

v1.7:
-Compatibility with Calamity 1.4.3.1

v1.7.1:
-Fixed Fargo's Soul Mod causing a bug with bag drops

v1.8:
-Added 4 different fragments which drop in Blood Moon, Solar Eclipse, Pumpkin Moon and Frost Moon
-Added Potions which are made out of these fragments and boost bag droprates
-Added the Bag Manipulator, a Town NPC who sells potions which decrease the current Tier of dropped bags
-Added a Wooden Arrow Bag in the Merchant's shop

v1.9:
-Added the Post-Old Duke Bag, its Tier Potion and Buff
-A few minor changes for some items dropped by Bags (see #changes on the discord server for a full list)
-All prices in the Bag Manipulators shop doubled if Death Mode is active
-Changed weapons used by the Bag Guide and Bag Manipulator

v1.9.1:
-Shrine Items now have a very low chance to drop from certain bags

v1.9.2:
-Made drops of Souls and Charred Ore fit with Calamity 1.4.4.2

v1.10:
-Added the Post-Polterghast Abyss that drops only from Abyss enemies Post-Polterghast
-Added the Acid Rain Drops
-for /bagt, boss names like "KingSlime" or abbreviations like "SCal" now also work

v1.10.1:
-Compatibility with Calamity 1.4.4.3

v1.10.2:
-Compatibility with Calamity 1.4.4.4

v1.10.3:
-Added a few missed items from Calamity 1.4.4

v1.10.4:
-Fixed Pristine Fury and Cold Divinity dropping from every single bag

v1.11:
-Added a Config Option that allows you to decrease the droprate of Bags

v1.11.1:
-Edited droprate for a few more specific enemies
-A few resprites

v1.11.2:
-Moved Conference Call to its new tier

v1.11.3:
-Added a few more items and a few single droprate changes

v1.12:
-Compatibility with Calamity 1.4.5.1

v1.12.1:
-Slightly increased Spooky and Frozen Fragment Droprates

v1.13.1:
-Added a Pre-Boss Bag
-Added a Config Option which turns the Pre-Boss Bag on and off

v1.13.3:
-Eater of Worlds does not drop Bags anymore

v1.13.4:
-Fixed Providence Drops dropping from Sentinels-Bags when Providence isn't dead yet because Rune of Kos is now craftable Pre-Providence
-Removed and replaced a few items for compatibility with Calamity 1.4.5.007

v1.13.5:
-Reduced Auric Ore droprate
-Fixed a missing dependency in the Post-Plantera Bag

v1.13.6:
-Fixed a missing dependency in the Post-DoG Bag
-Lowered droprates of Stress Pills, Laudanum and Heart of Darkness

v2.0:
-Resprites for ALL bags (except the ones in the shops)
-A new config so you can customize your game however you want by disabling/enabling different categories of items and/or lowering the dropchances of them
-A few bug fixes
-Recipes for Blood Orbs, Darksun Fragments, Nightmare Fuel and Endothermic Energy using fragment leftovers

v2.0.1:
-Removed /bag and /bagt but enhanced the drop table document on the discord server

v2.1:
-Added a feature that allows you to open bags very quickly by using/left clicking them

v2.1.1:
-Fixed a bug that caused you to get too much loot with leftclick in Multiplayer and slowed done opening speed to reduce lag

v2.2:
-A bunch of rebalances
-Renamed Bag Guide to Bag Expert and added a Config Option to deactivate him for people who already know the mod well
-A few bug fixes

v2.2.1:
-Added a line to the tooltip of all bags dropping hardmode ores to prevent confusion

v2.2.2:
-Added buff icon resprites and a few missing dependencies

v2.2.3:
-Recolored all the potions in the Manipulators shop

v2.2.4:
-Nerfed bag droprates during Pumpkin and Frost Moon Post-ML and Pre-Devourer of Gods

v2.3:
-Added the Golden, Shadow and Abyss Activation Crystal, items made from golden and shadow keys to activate certain drops
-Removed /bagt completely, but revived /bag. /bag is now an informational command for dependencies and is basically /bag and /bagt in one

v2.4:
-Added mini bags for Giant Clam, Earth Elemental and all 3 biome mimics which drop when certain requirements are met (use /bag for info)
-Added the Corruption, Crimson and Hallowed Activation Crystal, working similar to the others mentioned below
-A few other minor changes and new drops

v2.5:
-Removed all the 4 fragments
-Added 4 different clams (Forest, Corruption, Crimson, Hallow) and their respective pearls, used to craft Potion of Beginner's Luck, Wealth, Fortune and Absolute Luck

v2.6:
-Added bags for Martian Madness, Pumpkin and Frost Moon which drop when certain requirements are met (use /bag for info)
-A few minor fixes

v2.7:
-Bag Expert revamped
-All Legendary Items and Rare Item Variants removed from Bags

v2.7.1:
-Removed the Post-Yharon Phase 1 Bag
-Compatibility with the new Early Hardmode Progression Rework

v2.7.2:
-A few small compatibility things
-Gave the Bag Tooltips some color

v2.7.3:
-Added the Gem Bag
-Removed all the Developer Items from the Post-Supreme Calamitas Bag

v2.7.4:
-A few more compatibility things
-Added the Post-Draedon and the Post-Eidolon Wyrm Bag

v2.7.5:
-Updated /bag command and both Town NPCs

v2.7.6:
-Removed Post-Polterghast Abyss Bag but added a Post-Calamitas and a Post-Polterghast Abyss Activation Crystal
-Added material from the Arsenal Labs

v2.8:
-Massive Early-Hardmode Bag rework

v2.8.1:
-Added a new command and reworked the bag command
-A few other minor changes

v2.8.2:
-A few minor additions and fixes

v2.8.3:
-A few minor additions and fixes

v2.8.4:
-Adjustments for Calamity compatibility

v2.8.5:
-A few minor additions

v2.8.6:
-A few minor additions and changes

v3.0:
-Ported to TModLoader 1.4
-Adjusted to most important Calamity Changes
-Added the Post-Queen Slime, Empress of Light and Deerclops Bag
-Restructured code

v3.1:
-Bag resprites

v3.2:
-Resprites for Event and Miniboss Bags, Tier Potions, Buff Icons, Clams, Pearls, Ammo Bags, Activation Crystals and Informational Items
-Event and Miniboss Bags can be opened with leftlick now as well

v3.3:
-A few fixed and resprites (+new mod icon)

v3.4:
-More additions
-Bestiary Entries and Journey Mode Support

v3.4.1:
-Fixed a typo preventing Depths Charm to drop

v3.4.2:
-Added Actuator Bags to the Mechanics Shop

v3.4.3:
-A few adjustments and compatibility with Calamity 2.0.1.003

v3.4.4:
-Hotfix for compatibility with Calamity 2.0.2.1
-Pre Boss Bag is empty less often (higher droprates and lower amounts)

v3.5:
-Rebalanced most drop tables so that bags are empty less often

v3.6:
-Switched Deerclops and Skeletron in Progression and adjusted drops

v3.6.1:
-Added a missing item in the Pumpkin Moon-Bag

v3.7:
-Made clams rarer, but increased pearl dropchance
-Removed a few craftable items from the Drop Tables
-Changed Progression in Alt-Mechs Progression Line

v3.8:
-Ported to TModLoader 1.4.4

v3.8.1:
-A few fixed and removals/additions

v3.8.2:
-Hotfix for Rename Adjustments

v3.9:
-PBG, Empress of Light, Duke Fishron and Ravager now share the same Tier, multiple can drop when multiple are dead

The Bags Mod can be found in the Mod Browser, named "Bags", "by Jonas".

Last edited:
Hey,
First of all, I love your mod. Thanks for making it.

Secondly, I have a weird issue with this and Fargo's Souls mod where equipping some of the enchantments from that mod makes all dropped bags be post-supreme calamitas, regardless of game progression.
Specifically I noticed it happens with the Aerospec and Victide enchantments.

To me this smells like an out-of-bounds array defaulting to its last index, but I have no idea how either of your mods are implemented.

Hey,

Secondly, I have a weird issue with this and Fargo's Souls mod where equipping some of the enchantments from that mod makes all dropped bags be post-supreme calamitas, regardless of game progression.

To me this smells like an out-of-bounds array defaulting to its last index, but I have no idea how either of your mods are implemented.
Hey! I'm very glad to see positive feedback!

I will take a look at it soon, I never played with Fargo's Souls mod before and don't know how it all works at all but I will try to figure something out. Can't guarantee to find a fix for this though.

Anyway, thank you for the report, if I happen to find the issue, I will let you know and update the mod.

Hey,

I looked into it now, the problem were just a few lines i forgot to remove after testing, sorry about that. Thank you for letting me know, it's fixed now!

Thank you for fixing it!
Your mod is brilliant, and deals with the tedium of going through your Nth playthrough so nicely.
The only thing I wish is I could choose what bag will drop, because sometimes(chlorophyte ore) you really want what was being dropped by the previous bag :p

Have you considered a recipe to turn a bag into a bag of the previous tier, so you can keep looking for a certain drop after it leaves the bag pool?
Specifically just crafting them into lower tiers, not higher ones.

Really the main reason I'm asking for this is that trying to farm Cnirdions for the Transformer is a pain, especially with how quickly the desert scourge/cnidrion drops leave the bags.

I have planned a few new things for v1.8, I thought about this too already, though I'm not sure about it yet. I can't guarantee anything so far but maybe it will be a thing.

While I'm on the suggestion train, a nice QoL would be for /bag and /bagt would tell you what numerical tier the bag you're at is.
When comparing bags, I frequently forget what tier I need to be looking up or am at, and have to go through the list.

You can go to the shop of the Bag Guide, on the last paper in there are all the numbers, that should help.

would it be possible to have an option to turn off the NPCs from this mod? I honestly love having it but since i use Terraria Overhaul, with the spreadable fire option on they have torched the doors and platforms at my base more than a few times with their weapons.

would it be possible to have an option to turn off the NPCs from this mod? I honestly love having it but since i use Terraria Overhaul, with the spreadable fire option on they have torched the doors and platforms at my base more than a few times with their weapons.
Hey! I don't think there will be an option that deactivates them. I will have a look if i find other weapons for them though. I never played with Overhaul but if i understand it correctly, there is even an option for the spreadable fire to be on or not, so turning that off would be an option too ;D

The NPCs will use Vampire Knives/Shadowflame Knives next update, that should fix your problem ;D

Back
Top Bottom