Game Mechanics Balanced crinson

I thought he did list those. But in the original all of those guys weren't all there
show pictures from 2011 exactly not there
As @Doodles said, when Terraria was first released, there was only Corruption. The Crimson wasn't added until 1.2, and the update that introduced Hardmode was 1.1, which came before the Crimson. So when the Crimson was added, most of the enemies it has today were there immediately. Only the Crimson Mimic and the Tainted Ghoul were added later on.

As @Doodles said, when Terraria was first released, there was only Corruption. The Crimson wasn't added until 1.2, and the update that introduced Hardmode was 1.1, which came before the Crimson. So when the Crimson was added, most of the enemies it has today were there immediately. Only the Crimson Mimic and the Tainted Ghoul were added later on.
This is probably why the corruption feels so much more dated then. A lot of the corruption enemies are very very simple and don't have any defining traits in the slightest that aren't done by a billion other common enemies.

And it’s really not that hard to kill the Brain as a mage. You can use the Amber Staff or an equivalent in the first phase because you really don’t need pierce as desperately as you would for the Worm, and in the second phase the Thunder Zapper or even a gem staff is fast enough to stunlock the brain.

yes except that in expert and master it is much harder for mage because the difficulty is much higher, so if that causes concern.

Also like I said above, a harder boss must have better stuff

yes except that in expert and master it is much harder for mage because the difficulty is much higher, so if that causes concern.

Also like I said above, a harder boss must have better stuff

Everything is harder in Expert or Master, so I don’t see your point. It’s not as if Brain is the only thing that gets harder in Expert. If you’re struggling, use the minimap, you’ll always see which brain is the real one.

And the brain does have better drops, crimtane is factaully superior to demonite in stats for every piece except the yoyos. The difference is the set of gear you get *before* the boss. Which, in my opinion, reinforces the harder boss but better stuff rhetoric.

Everything is harder in Expert or Master, so I don’t see your point. It’s not as if Brain is the only thing that gets harder in Expert. If you’re struggling, use the minimap, you’ll always see which brain is the real one.

And the brain does have better drops, crimtane is factaully superior to demonite in stats for every piece except the yoyos. The difference is the set of gear you get *before* the boss. Which, in my opinion, reinforces the harder boss but better stuff rhetoric.

Just because you get there doesn't mean it shouldn't be rebalanced. A badly balanced game stays badly balanced no matter how strong you are.

Just because you get there doesn't mean it shouldn't be rebalanced. A badly balanced game stays badly balanced no matter how strong you are.

I may be dense and missing the point entirely, but I don’t really see where you’re trying to go with this. You said at first that the harder boss should have better drops, which is true - the Brain is the harder boss because you get inferior loot beforehand, and Crimtane is better than Demonite - but also saying that the heart loot should be buffed to make the Brain the same difficulty as the Worm.

Back
Top Bottom