Biomes & Nature "Balanced", "Pure", and "Hallow" world options

Which of these world options do you like most?

• I like them all!

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • I want to take on Balanced!

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • I want to build on Pure!

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • I want to challenge myself with Hallow!

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • None of them. I think this idea needs improvement and respectfully suggest a change.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Starfall Smells!

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

nphelps220

Official Terrarian
I have an idea for some additional worldgen options. These would be unlocked after defeating the Moon Lord, and would be selectable on the "World Evil" menu during world creation. These ideas are:

Balance: World spawns with both Corruption and Crimson. The Wall of Flesh will send out a wave of both in one direction (one side of the wave is Crimson with the other being Corruption) and a wave of Hallow in the other. This allows players to die to both Corruption hazards AND Crimson hazards, without having to bring the hazards in themselves!

Pure: The world spawns with neither Corruption nor Crimson, and no Hallow is generated during Hardmode. You can still bring Seeds/Solutions into the world and make your own biomes, however. Ideal for a world made purely as a base for players to build on without having to worry about spreading biomes.

Hallow: Instead of Corruption and Crimson, Hallow spawns at worldgen with Corruption and/or Crimson spreading in Hardmode. Only for the brave and bold!

These worldgen options would be optimal for players who have beaten the Moon Lord and want a challenge or additional options for building. Demonite/Crimtane drops would be completely randomized per boss, allowing for the creation of both Demonite and Crimtane gear but making it harder to specifically farm one or the other. Comment below any flaws you can find and how they can be improved!

Hallow spawning at gen wouldn't be challenging, it would be broken. It contains weapons and enemies meant for hardmode.
That is true, but the enemies could simply be nerfed a bit for pre-hardmode, and go back to normal in hardmode. As for weapons and accessories, the drops could be changed to hardmode only drops, similar to how the souls of light and night work.

That is true, but the enemies could simply be nerfed a bit for pre-hardmode, and go back to normal in hardmode. As for weapons and accessories, the drops could be changed to hardmode only drops, similar to how the souls of light and night work.
That wouldn't fit the other biomes. They have enemies for pre AND hardmode. Hallow would need entirely new enemy and item concepts to fit into pre.

That wouldn't fit the other biomes. They have enemies for pre AND hardmode. Hallow would need entirely new enemy and item concepts to fit into pre.
I guess you're right. Now that I think about it a bit more, Hallow doesn't fit the theme of Pre-Hardmode. Pre-hardmode is about working your way to defeating the evil in the underworld, and Hallow doesn't fit in there.

Keep in mind that, as I mentioned, these options would only be present for players who have already defeated the Moon Lord and thus have encountered every biome at least once. I see where you are coming from, but these are mainly to offer more building options for players who have already seen it all.

Hallow: Instead of Corruption and Crimson, Hallow spawns at worldgen with Corruption and/or Crimson spreading in Hardmode. Only for the brave and bold!
Hallow has no pre-hardmode enemies, so it spawns general Forest enemies. It wouldn't be any different from a normal world in pre-hardmode; just a different aesthetic.

As for weapons and accessories, the drops could be changed to hardmode only drops, similar to how the souls of light and night work.
Since Hallow enemies don't spawn pre-hardmode, the only new weapon type you'd be able to get is Pearlwood.

Having said that, all three world generation options are quite interesting.

I really like both Balanced and Pure, and I would happily use both, especially Balanced. A world where both the Corruption and Crimson spawn and must be navigated would be fascinating. However, Pure would not be playable without skipping certain segments of the game (Reaver Shark is necessary, goblin/pirate invasions only spawnable manually, meteorites never fall, no altars.) I can deal with that, as the main use of Pure is for building, but Hallow as it is is also not a valid option. Specifically, the game does not have Hallow equivalents for much of the Corruption/Crimson content that characterizes pre-hardmode. There is no Hallow altar, boss, ore, orb and associated breaking-goodies. Most importantly, the game does not have a Hallowed landscape structure like the chasms of the Corruption or the Crimson. Combine that with the lack of pre-hardmode enemies, and it just seems like it'd be empty and not really there.

It could work, but it would need an introduction of pre-hardmode content to pull it off.

Same as others have said, I think Balanced and Pure would make the game more enjoyable, but Hallow would probably require the addition of lots of new content for pre-hardmode.

I think Hallow is just for post-Moon Lord players anyway. I imagine Hallow destroying the jungle soon in game creation, but the ideas of Balanced and Pure are great, and, as they say, Hallow would have to have many additions, or a nerf during the Pre-Hardmode

Hallow would have to have many additions, or a nerf during the Pre-Hardmode
Hallow only generates its enemies (e.g. Unicorn) during hardmode. Before hardmode, it generates the usual Forest enemies like Slimes and Zombies. Pearlwood stats are comparable to other types of wood. There isn't any advantage to having Hallow before hardmode.

Hallow only generates its enemies (e.g. Unicorn) during hardmode. Before hardmode, it generates the usual Forest enemies like Slimes and Zombies. Pearlwood stats are comparable to other types of wood. There isn't any advantage to having Hallow before hardmode.

Nothing advantage, only the Pearlwood, Pearlstone and Pearlsand
For building, there is advantages yes.

Back
Top Bottom