Weapons & Equip Balancing Crimson/Corruption

?hanya?

Terrarian
So basicly, I see everyone complain about how bad the brain of confusion is and everything but... In my opinion, corruption is bad. And now you are all gonna be like: " Wdym, worm scarf is OP! ". But what if you arent playing in expert? Let's say you are playing with a pretty hard mod and you are playing in normal mode; Corruption will be totaly useless to you!

And thats my point: Brain of confusion isnt rly bad, corruption is just not balanced. I mean, think about it. Shield of Chtulu is rly op in pre hardmode but then you can change it with master ninja gear. Wall of Flesh heart is op but you can only use it one time. Why should the worm scarf be used until Endgame?

I would balance corruption with a lot of suggestions;

1. Making worm scarf only reduce 12% incoming damage, meaning the shiny stone would be a better choice.

2. Making vampire knives travel faster, deal less damage and more cooldown.

3. Changing brain of confusion chance to 75%.

4. Giving even more speed to pre hardmode corruption armor.

5. Making cursed flames do 25% more damage.

And finally,

6. Boosting the damage by 14% of every corruption mimic weapon.

(All suggestions are not rly meant to be all used at the same time)

It would be nice if I had a lit of feedback since its my first post here so thanks in advance!

And thats my point: Brain of confusion isnt rly bad, corruption is just not balanced. I mean, think about it. Shield of Chtulu is rly op in pre hardmode but then you can change it with master ninja gear. Wall of Flesh heart is op but you can only use it one time. Why should the worm scarf be used until Endgame?
Uh, yeah. You have completely missed the point of Expert Mode items. They are ALL supposed to serve you until endgame. This is why the Shield of Cthulhu gives I-frames during it's dash, which makes it debatably even better than the MNG, which doesn't, and allows you to dash through deathrays. It's also why the Demon Heart literally is a permanent upgrade, saying you "use it only one time" isn't even valid considering that "one time" use NEVER goes away. In fact, every expert mode item can be used until endgame, with only three exceptions, which are WIDELY considered mediocre, and for good reason, these are the Hive Pack, Bone Glove, and Brain of Confusion.
1. Making worm scarf only reduce 12% incoming damage, meaning the shiny stone would be a better choice.
Taking away 5% damage reduction barely touches this thing, and in my opinion that's fine, because again. You are supposed to use every expert item until endgame.
These aren't even that strong. They were hard nerfed in 1.3, and they don't even work on the moon lord. Another nerf isn't necessary.
This thing would STILL be godawful even if you raised it to 100%.
I don't think you realize how useless the confusion debuff is, especially because of the fact that literally every truly threatening enemy in the ENTIRE game is immune to it.
Also the fact that you have to take damage to activate it, which is never a good mechanic, especially in expert mode, where absolutely everything three-shots you.
The only way to save the BoC at this point is to just completely rework it.
This set isn't the problem. Crimson armor is just hilariously busted to the point where you can totally wear it until golem is dead. I would make Crimson armor ONLY boost melee damage personally.
You have just raised 6 damage per second to 7.5 damage per second. This solves absolutely nothing, and is still utterly destroyed by ichor.
That solves nothing, again. You'll need to address the specific weaknesses that they have instead of just a tiny damage buff:
-Chain Guillotines don't have enough range for their total power.
-Clinger Staff uses WAY too much mana.
-Dart Rifle simply fires too slowly. It should have a damage buff, but MUCH more than 14%.

Sorry for the brutal honesty, I just have no life when it comes to this game. :D

(All suggestions are not rly meant to be all used at the same time)
Even if they're not perfect, as Omega's pointed out, why would you want to leave some problems unfixed?????
That's not due to a lack of confidence, is it?

Also,
Wow, you just went full J Bame on this guy, but I do agree with what you said, most of these ideas really won't solve much.
are you guys actually just calling it that now

Last edited:
You identified there's a dart board, but hit everywhere but the board.
Cursed flames for example can't just be buffed in stats, it needs a full rework of its abilities. The damage over time effects have no late game place. Make sure to not just think of plain stats for buffing them, but rather reworking them. I'm about to do a pretty annoying thing and Link my suggestion for you to see what I mean if you didnt get it from before. I'm sorry.

yeah worm scarf could use a nerf not sure what the shiny stone has to do with it I use it for completely different things.
I almost never use the vampire knives but I know anything with lifesteal is an absolute pain to balance
Even if it was 100% it would still be useless I consider confusion to be detrimental most of the time, and you still need to take damage to trigger the effect
movement speed is useless when you have Hermes and SoC.
DoT debuffs are an absolute joke outside of frostburn in the super early game. If you were to put every debuff in a tier list ichor would be S and everything else would be F.
Ichor needs to get nerfed I'd say -8 defense instead of -20. It's dumb how ichor gives you a bigger dps boost than the avenger emblem on anything that deal less than 83 damage.

I've generally found the corruption weapon counterparts to be more useful than the crimson ones (Aside from access to ichor obiously).
The chain guliotines have actual range as opposed to the fetid bangs Although they still get outclassed by amorak like every other mid range early hardmode melee weapon.

The life drain is really bad like perhaps one of the worst magic weapons in the game, clinger staff isn't that great but I'd take it over life drain any day.

The dps difference between the corruption and crimson dart launchers is 107dps vs 117 dps against a single target using crystal darts. Since the dart rifle does more damage per hit it isn't injured by enemy defense as... oh wait ichor...

DoT debuffs are an absolute joke outside of frostburn in the super early game. If you were to put every debuff in a tier list ichor would be S and everything else would be F.
Ichor needs to get nerfed I'd say -8 defense instead of -20. It's dumb how ichor gives you a bigger dps boost than the avenger emblem on anything that deal less than 83 damage.
"Debuffs are all bad"
"But Ichor is good"
"I'll make Ichor bad"

-8 defense is still way better than any other debuff.
DoT debuff should stack the more times you hit something. Right now it doesn't matter how much damage you are inflicting all it will do is extend the debuff duration equating to a fixed 6dps for cursed flames on top of what you are doing. The amount should be something like 10 extra damage per attack landed but it takes 5 seconds for all the damage to be applied. It would effectivly be stronger than ichor's +4 damage but take time to take action.
Debuffs shouldn't be stronger than accesory effects since really the only downside to using one flask, or debuff ammo is you can't use another debuff.

Back
Top Bottom