Weapons & Equip Balancing Grappling Hooks

Dapling

Duke Fishron
Alright, there are five hooks I want to address here.

Biome Mimic Hooks: Buff their range to be equal to the dual hook. They're harder to obtain, and for some reason have lower range.

Thorn Hook: Make this similar to the Antigravity Hook, but with more range, and 50% lower swing speed. It currently is functionally identical to the biome mimic hooks, and (in my opinion) this doesn't do an effective job of emulating the only boss in the game who appears to use something similar to hooks.

Bat Hook: I don't understand how this even happened. Why on earth does a grappling hook that can be obtained pre-boss have more range and velocity then the Lunar Hook? I mean, sure, it doesn't have multiple hooks, but what use does that even have? Just lower it's range and velocity to be slightly better than the Diamond Hook at most.

It's actually really good, it has really long range and treats the second hook like a failsafe, unlike the less powerful biome mimic hooks.
I actually love how the Dual Hook handles the second hook. I'm not a fan of the webbed crap that most other hooks do, simply because I don't find any use in having it.

I agree with the Bat Hook and Mimic Hook things. I just don't understand why the Thorn Hook should have the Antigravity ability. Could you explain your reasoning for that? On the other hand, yes the Bat Hook 100% needs a nerf. Biome Mimic hooks do need a buff but it is not as urgent as the Bat Hook nerf.

I agree with the Bat Hook and Mimic Hook things. I just don't understand why the Thorn Hook should have the Antigravity ability. Could you explain your reasoning for that? On the other hand, yes the Bat Hook 100% needs a nerf. Biome Mimic hooks do need a buff but it is not as urgent as the Bat Hook nerf.
I gave the thorn hook a slower antigravity ability because it drops from plantera, and she uses her hooks to move around in a similar way to the antigravity hook. The Thorn hook is also exactly the same as the Biome Mimic hooks for some bizarre reason, even though you obtain it much later, so I wanted to make it more unique.

I gave the thorn hook a slower antigravity ability because it drops from plantera, and she uses her hooks to move around in a similar way to the antigravity hook. The Thorn hook is also exactly the same as the Biome Mimic hooks for some bizarre reason, even though you obtain it much later, so I wanted to make it more unique.
Makes sense. I get it.

Alright, there are five hooks I want to address here.

Biome Mimic Hooks: Buff their range to be equal to the dual hook. They're harder to obtain, and for some reason have lower range.

Thorn Hook: Make this similar to the Antigravity Hook, but with more range, and 50% lower swing speed. It currently is functionally identical to the biome mimic hooks, and (in my opinion) this doesn't do an effective job of emulating the only boss in the game who appears to use something similar to hooks.

Bat Hook: I don't understand how this even happened. Why on earth does a grappling hook that can be obtained pre-boss have more range and velocity then the Lunar Hook? I mean, sure, it doesn't have multiple hooks, but what use does that even have? Just lower it's range and velocity to be slightly better than the Diamond Hook at most.
No thanks I enjoy the idea of irony here; the best hook in the game could be the first one you get.

Back
Top Bottom