Weapons & Equip Balancing Grappling Hooks

...if at that point you have a portal gun then just use the portal gun instead of "retaining forward momentum while airborne" :D
What That Post Means Is That When You Have A Portal Gun Selected, You Keep Moving At 100% Of Your Speed Even After You Stop Pressing That Direction, And This Also Works With Grappling Hooks. Considering That The Bat Hook Is Faster Then Every Other Hook, Those Two Points Together Makes It The Best Hook.

What That Post Means Is That When You Have A Portal Gun Selected, You Keep Moving At 100% Of Your Speed Even After You Stop Pressing That Direction, And This Also Works With Grappling Hooks. Considering That The Bat Hook Is Faster Then Every Other Hook, Those Two Points Together Makes It The Best Hook.
I understand that, however what I am saying is if you really need to get somewhere that fast either use a Teleporter or just use the Portal Gun...here's an example of how I mean.

I understand that, however what I am saying is if you really need to get somewhere that fast either use a Teleporter or just use the Portal Gun...here's an example of how I mean.
Grappling hooks are available earlier, and are much more economical to obtain. Just because you haven't found them to be useful doesn't mean others don't. I personally find myself relying on it in almost every situation.

I Know That Exists, I've Used It, But When You Don't Want To Build Up To The Top Of The World, Platforms, Portal Gun, And A Grappling Hook Can Be Faster Then Most Mounts.
I'm sorry for getting off-topic here, but how you capitalize every word kinda bothers me. It's unnecessary, but I guess you can do whatever you want.

Back onto the topic, I think the bat hook is fine as is. It's very rare, and not as lengthy as other late game hooks like @|.Terrarian.| mentioned. Also, I think it's fine to have it a little OP, because a late game player might be experiencing the Halloween event for the first time in their point in the game, so it would be an improvement for them too.

Back
Top Bottom