Weapons & Equip Balancing Hardmode Ore Tier Weaponry (Buffing Waraxes)

MiltVala

Plantera
Balancing Hardmode Ore Tier.png

Now, who hear uses hardmode ore war axes, or warhammers? (which don't exist cough cough)

It's pretty obvious that when it comes to this niche in progression, swords get all the love. Waraxes are both slower, have less damage, and slightly higher knockback. Now, why bother then?

What I am purposing is for this tier to be a bit more balanced (aka having the axes of this tier do something)

kdcROYP.png

Introducing: Balances to Hardmode Ore Tier Weaponry
divider.png

Waraxes

Cobalt_Waraxe.png
Palladium_Waraxe.png
Mythril_Waraxe.png
Orichalcum_Waraxe.png
Adamantite_Waraxe.png
Titanium_Waraxe.png

Waraxes are severely underpowered at this tier. The only thing you can really do with them is chop down trees.

But Milt, that's what axes do!

Well then, why bother making them "War" axes in the first place.

What I am purposing is that Waraxes get a crit boost.

The standard crit chance is 4%. Let's give Waraxes a nice 10% crit chance to compensate for their lack luster stats. (also applies to chainsaws)

Why crit chance you say?

You're getting hit with a flipping axe, that's why.

divider.png

Swords

Cobalt_Sword.png
Palladium_Sword.png
Mythril_Sword.png
Orichalcum_Sword.png
Adamantite_Sword.png
Titanium_Sword.png

These stay the same

hurdy dur dur

Good damage, the fastest speeds, and the lowest knockback (sorta)

divider.png

Warhammers

index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php

Well erm, these don't actually exist yet... But I really want them to....knowing me and all

Sport the highest damage, superior knockback, and the slowest speed

Good for keeping those high damage mobs off ya

More information about these here*

kdcROYP.png

So that's it for this suggestion! Comments/criticism is very welcome!
index.php

Banner code below:
Code:
[URL=http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/balancing-hardmode-ore-tier-weaponry.19138/][IMG]http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/balancing-hardmode-ore-tier-png.55005/[/IMG][/URL]

Waraxes have been some of my favorite weapons to use in rpg-type games, and the fact that they're essentially useless in Terraria as viable weapons has always bothered me. Would love to see them get buffed a bit. Why have something that looks awesome like the Titanium Waraxe and then use it to chop down a tree?! I want to smash things with it!

Warhammers are also a welcome addition.

The bunny supports.

View attachment 55005

Now, who hear uses hardmode ore war axes, or warhammers? (which don't exist cough cough)

It's pretty obvious that when it comes to this niche in progression, swords get all the love. Waraxes are both slower, have less damage, and slightly higher knockback. Now, why bother then?

What I am purposing is for this tier to be a bit more balanced (aka having the axes of this tier do something)

kdcROYP.png

Introducing: Balances to Hardmode Ore Tier Weaponry
divider.png

Waraxes

Cobalt_Waraxe.png
Palladium_Waraxe.png
Mythril_Waraxe.png
Orichalcum_Waraxe.png
Adamantite_Waraxe.png
Titanium_Waraxe.png

Waraxes are severely underpowered at this tier. The only thing you can really do with them is chop down trees.

But Milt, that's what axes do!

Well then, why bother making them "War" axes in the first place.

What I am purposing is that Waraxes get a crit boost.

The standard crit chance is 4%. Let's give Waraxes a nice 10% crit chance to compensate for their lack luster stats. (also applies to chainsaws)

Why crit chance you say?

You're getting hit with a flipping axe, that's why.

divider.png

Swords

Cobalt_Sword.png
Palladium_Sword.png
Mythril_Sword.png
Orichalcum_Sword.png
Adamantite_Sword.png
Titanium_Sword.png

These stay the same

hurdy dur dur

Good damage, the fastest speeds, and the lowest knockback (sorta)

divider.png

Warhammers

index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php

Well erm, these don't actually exist yet... But I really want them to....knowing me and all

Sport the highest damage, superior knockback, and the slowest speed

Good for keeping those high damage mobs off ya

More information about these here*

kdcROYP.png

So that's it for this suggestion! Comments/criticism is very welcome!
index.php

Banner code below:
Code:
[URL=http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/balancing-hardmode-ore-tier-weaponry.19138/][IMG]http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/balancing-hardmode-ore-tier-png.55005/[/IMG][/URL]
:red: yeah, would be awesome if WARaxes were good in a war.

:red: yeah, would be awesome if WARaxes were good in a war.

Historically speaking, they were.

Swords weren't actually used as much as people believe them to be. It's so bloody mainstream to use a sword that it aches me to watch yet another movie which showcases the protagonist with a sword that shouldn't be able to undertake half the feats it does.

Greataxes and Broadswords were something to fear even when you're armoured up. Smaller weapons that were used quite commonly were the likes of battleaxes, maces and such. I believe axes still replicated the slashing effect of swords, but at the same time had extra weight which gave it much more momentum to punch through armour. Blunt weapons, while maybe not great against chain-mail, were very effective against plate.

Not only that, but sometimes you don't have to penetrate an opponent's armour to kill them. Blunt force excelled at knocking foes over. And a downed opponent is a dead opponent, especially if they are burdened by steel. None of that 'last stand' bull, that rarely ever occurred realistically. Knock 'em down and then execute them.

More on topic, I guess there's nothing wrong with this suggestion. I just never use the Hardmode-ore swords, let alone waraxes. If this came into effect, nothing would really change. The only melee weapons I even touch at that stage is the Ice Sickle, Cutlass and the Night's Edge. And even then, neither of those three can even compare with the knockback of explosive bullets, despite the fact that knock-back is meant to be something Melee is superior with.

I'm loving it!
The only thing here I don't like is the texture you made for the Titanium Warhammer....
Sorry, it's just me. Personally, I'm just not a big fan of that style. But, nevertheless, I support this!

Still, I'm just not a fan of the style, whether it came from a different suggestion or not. My opinion still stands.
Doesn't mean I don't love this suggestion nor the other one. ;)
It uses an identical pallet to the other Titanium tools and is based around them in terms of design as well. With that said, I don't follow.

I think it's a good idea. It'd be nice to see some more meele tools/weapons in Hardmode. Also, some tools should also be nice weapons. Supporting this.

I never even use those swords. The first few are outclassed by the nights edge which is a staple of any play though I do and the later two I either don't care to make or find something better as a drop from an enemy.

Back
Top Bottom