Builds Ballin' houses by Eiv

WIP
Capture 2016-07-26 21_00_50.png

You always make some awesome builds Eiv. Dare you to start a brand new world and character and make a cool build. Be cool to see you do a legit starter build.

Reactions: Eiv
Thanks!

Good idea, though I'll wait for the 1.3.3 update so there will be something new in the game. Maybe earlier if I get a playthrough itch who knows.

Here are 2 good ideas from a dead thread.

I have a request: How about building me a burning building? I'm talking charred walls, fire blocks, exposed beams/rafters/etc.... Just for looks, doesnt need to be useful in any sort of way. I thought about doing one at some point, but I'd like to see what other people can do first.
Again, just for looks so no pressure; feel free to flex your creative muscles :merchanthappy:

Could I ask of you to build a temple, with runes, statues, altars and such kind of stuff? You could give it a either a buddhist or an ancient feel to it, or maybe even make it church like if you want. I also want it to be valid housing for like 8 NPCs if possible. :)

As well you should think about making a thread for people to give you ideas :p
I actually plan on making a burned building once i am actually able to do a build I've been trying for months.. (issues been preventing progress... :/ tablet with first go taken, next attempt world on different device disappeared after so much work to get items again..)

Pretty nice ideas! Might have a crack at the burning building.

As for making a request thread, maybe I can do that in the future when I have more free-time. My work is a lot more demanding during the summer. :p

Anyway here's a little throne room, will eventually be part of a big castle, but that's gonna take a long time to finish.

Capture 2016-07-28 07_04_55.png

Pretty nice ideas! Might have a crack at the burning building.

As for making a request thread, maybe I can do that in the future when I have more free-time. My work is a lot more demanding during the summer. :p

Anyway here's a little throne room, will eventually be part of a big castle, but that's gonna take a long time to finish.

View attachment 130403
Nice, with your attention to detail i should make my build and send it to you to stylize. Tho then you'd be amazed at what i do with it. (The build has no real outside style to keep it small. My plan is to have it as a scale MODEL...for a much bigger make of it. :p. (Mobile terraria tho.
Edit: fixed post. I don't know how it got moved..

Last edited:
You should definetely start making youtube tutorials. I think you'd gain a decent amount of subscribers in no-time!

How on Earth did you make the slanted bricks mesh together on that diamond house?
Matching walls on one as well as 2 paints to make the color blend. Some it's more noticeable. Look on the left side jist above the door, you can see theres a outline of blocks thst zigzag up and then goes 2 blocks straight up into the red tiles. The outer blcoks are tile, the inner are walls.

example: inner layer of say ebon wood, then add a layer of dynasty shingles on the outside, now add a 2nd layer of shingles. So now you have a 3 thick roof, hammer the ebonwood to slopes facing in, now repeat these slopes on the middlelayer (shingle layer 1) now you will notice sky behind the shingles. Get out ebon wood walls, place the walls "behind" the sloped shingles (again shingle layer 1) now simply grab some paint and paint the ebon wood tiles and walls until you get both to match as best you can. (Basically you brighten the walls so they don't have that shaded look) now you'll have a "double slope"
Honestly the design ideas i see from these guys are just amazing.

(I'm actually using design ideas i find on here to make my own custom build on mobile to put into the anniversary contest.)

Last edited:
Yeah, I've gotten it to work with certain materials, but for the life of me can't figure out how he got the mudstone to mesh with the dirt and wood in the bottom half of the house.

Yeah, I've gotten it to work with certain materials, but for the life of me can't figure out how he got the mudstone to mesh with the dirt and wood in the bottom half of the house.
Same idea, sloped dirt, background of walls, 1 row of the stone, one row of walls, sloped wood. Walls probably used white paint.

Edit in: Now over a year later i realize i got it backwards. (Still just reading back page by page). It's a layer of blocks with walls on both sides, sloped dirt and wood.
(Also hello to any random people that may come across this edit. Say if you see this? lol)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom