NPCs & Enemies Balloon Slime

Does it work?

• I don't want it to become a rare drop, but I've got a better solution to the problem.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Gotta thank @PythonGB for this one; it broke my heart to see him searching so diligently for a Blizzard in a Bottle when I knew how that search was going to end.
yeah, I remember that. I actually comented on one of his videos to say that he couldn't get it, but I guess he didn't pay attention.

or read it;(;(

Definitely. It's nigh-impossible to craft a bundle of balloons on a single world.

My most recent world has had the entire sky mapped out, and no red balloon. Not a single one.

This is a pretty cute idea, and useful as well.
As far as not making the balloon a rare drop, one solution could be to split the Balloon Slime into two versions: a common "Cloud Slime" and a rarer Balloon Slime (à la the Demon and Voodoo Demon). The "Cloud Slime" version could use a modified Slime AI that can "flip" it's own gravity at will and allow it to effectively crawl all the way around sky islands.
The Balloon Slime version be given a tendency to be blown away by the Wind (which is already an existing mechanic in Terraria) making you have to work to get it in time. That way SRB could have a high drop-rate but still be fairly balanced.

Definitely. It's nigh-impossible to craft a bundle of balloons on a single world.

My most recent world has had the entire sky mapped out, and no red balloon. Not a single one.

I agree with you, though I was lucky enough to get one balloon, I never then got one, as they are just Starfury and Horseshoe and some others,
So definitely support this one

In regard to the sprite, do you think the balloon string should be seen inside the slime?

Like out friend the Umbrella Slime:
Umbrella_Slime.png
(but without the zombie hand.)

Weird... anyway, while reading the suggestion, one thing that seemed odd was how the balloon will pop while fighting it, yet it still has a chance to drop one.

EDIT: Maybe the balloon should have a chance to drop as an item instead of popping, or each attack could have a chance of popping the balloon and the balloon only drops as an item if you kill the slime without popping it's balloon.

Last edited:
Weird... anyway, while reading the suggestion, one thing that seemed odd was how the balloon will pop while fighting it, yet it still has a chance to drop one.
My plan is to make the sprite hang from multiple balloons, and give the grounded sprite a single balloon, no longer enough to suspend it in the air. Thank you for bringing that up.

In regard to the sprite, do you think the balloon string should be seen inside the slime?

Like out friend the Umbrella Slime:
Umbrella_Slime.png
(but without the zombie hand.)
.....i thought it was that curved line at the bottem, or whatever that thing is called

this is scary, what's the story behind that?

Might be kind of cool is the slime itself also pops when defeated. Maybe flinging some smaller slimes around to fight as well.

Definitely playing the devil's advocate here, but I actually like that you can't craft the bundle of balloons in one world..... Yes, you've found the person behind that stray vote, rot me.

To me, this accessory is one of few things in Terraria that symbolizes that you don't have to stick in one world. Some of you will provably raise the subject about pyramids, living wood and what else, but I'm sure Red's working on those issues.

It's just.... I think this one item is one item that is safe to be left as it is. Now, if you'll excuse me, ladies and gentlemen.

*Holds up a magic mirror*

Probably. But right up until the day Red comes out and say, "Right people, this is the dang most OP weapon in the game, useable with any armor you may choose to wear(optional line). And to get it you'll probably need to scour through no less than 10 worlds, be a joy, eh? Have fun!", I'm sticking with my guns in this.

Probably. But right up until the day Red comes out and say, "Right people, this is the dang most OP weapon in the game, useable with any armor you may choose to wear(optional line). And to get it you'll probably need to scour through no less than 10 worlds, be a joy, eh? Have fun!", I'm sticking with my guns in this.
The Bundle requires multiple worlds to obtain multiple copies of the same item. If Red wanted to encourage people to play multiple worlds to obtain a normal item (I doubt it), he'd probably be giving worlds, oh, I dunno, different crafting ingredients for some piece of equipment more powerful than a multijump item that doesn't even require hardmode to obtain.

This current state of affairs is more likely than not an oversight, and I'm proposing a fix.

Back
Top Bottom