tModLoader Bame's Vanilla Rebalancing

i've been messing with the mod for quite a bit, and while im not entirely sure if this is caused by the mod or not, but the nebula pillar will not be defeated upon reaching 0 health, instead returning back to 20k.

i've been messing with the mod for quite a bit, and while im not entirely sure if this is caused by the mod or not, but the nebula pillar will not be defeated upon reaching 0 health, instead returning back to 20k.
I've had that happen if I manually summon the Pillar via cheat sheet

Yeah... this happened because of my Expert mode change and I somehow didn't notice it. I just released a little update that fixes this issue.

I have also updated the new Magic Dagger's behavior. The daggers can now spawn on either side of the character instead of just the right, and there is now some variance in the spawn location, orbit diameter and lifespan of each dagger.

NewDagger.gif

Last edited:
A new update has just been released, featuring Duke Fishron buffs, notable weapon reworks, and more!
20210111134426_1.jpg

Changelog:
Weapon changes:

* Megashark now requires 20 Souls of Fright instead of 10 Souls of Might and Fright.
* Light Discs now require 3 Souls of Sight instead of 1.

Bone Sword:
+ Now autoswings.
+ Use time reduced from 22 to 19.
+ Now sold by the Skeleton Merchant on Moon Phases 3 and 7.

Chain Knife:
+ Now autoswings
+ Base crit chance increased to 12%
+ Now sold by the Skeleton Merchant on Moon Phases 4 and 7.

+ Rally is now sold by the Skeleton Merchant on Moon Phases 2 and 8.

The Book of Skulls has been retiered:
* Instead of being dropped by Skeletron, the weapon is now sold by Skeleton Merchant on Moon phases 1 and 5. It is also dropped by Tim at a 25% chance; 50% on Expert mode.
- Damage lowered from 29 to 19.
- Mana Cost increased from 18 to 25.
Note: There are a *lot* of magic weapons available after defeating Skeletron, the Book of Skulls doesn't have anything special that would make you want to go through the hassle of farming the boss. Instead, the weapon has been moved to the very early game, where the selection of magic weapons is comparatively lacking.

Aqua Scepter has been reworked into a single target weapon:
+ Damage increased from 16 to 21.
+ Use Time decreased from 16 to 10.
- Projectile no longer pierces.
- Mana cost increased from 6 to 8.
Note: Having the same role as Water Bolt and being worse in almost every situation makes this weapon underpowered and redundant. With this rework, the two weapons now have vastly different purposes.

Venus Magnum:
+ Now has a 33% chance to not consume ammo.

Chain Gun:
+ Damage increased from 31 to 41
+ Chance not to consume ammo increased to roughly 66%

Vortex Beater has been reworked to be more focused on crowd control and to not be directly outclassed by SDMG:
+ The Rocket is now fired every 4 bullets instead of 7.
+ It now deals 80% more damage and its explosion is significantly bigger (80x80 to 180x180).
- It now fires bullets every 7 frames instead of 5.
- Base damage reduced from 50 to 42.
+ Now turns Musket Balls into weaker versions of its Rocket with a much smaller splash radius (10x10), 35% lowered damage, and a 20% damage falloff for every enemy hit.

S.D.M.G:
+ *dolphin noises*

+ The Undertaker now autofires.
+ Flintlock Pistol is now identical in stats to Minishark (key detail: it still does not autofire)
- Minishark is now sold after the Eye of Cthulhu is defeated.
+ Handgun damage increased from 17 to 20

Holy Arrows:
- Damage decreased from 12 to 10
- Explosion now deals 50% of the hit's damage instead of 60%
- Star explosion now has a 20% damage penalty for every enemy it hits (also applies to Star Cloak).

Harpoon has been reworked into a weapon more resemblant of the Ranged class:
+ Projectile now pierces infinitely and is slightly bigger.
+ Velocity increased from 11 to 22
+/- No longer returns to the player
- Use Time increased from 30 to 36

Ore Repeaters:
+ Cobalt, Mythril, and Adamantite Repeaters Damage increased by 10% and Use time lowered by 1
+/- Palladium, Orichalcum, and Titanium Repeaters now deal roughly 12% more damage than their counterparts but also fire 12% slower. This doesn't change DPS, but introduces some more variety between the hardmode ores.

Bubble Gun has been slightly reworked
+ Now fires 1-2 smaller bubbles in each use, which reach further than the regular ones.
- Mana cost increased from 4 to 10

The added bubbles allow the weapon to deal some damage at range and significantly increase its DPS when up close. Its mana cost has been significantly increased to balance out these buffs

Rainbow gun:
+ Use Time lowered from 40 to 15 (doesn't affect DPS in this weapon's case, but the shorter animation makes it much easier to use as a sidearm)
+ Rainbow now uses Static NPC immunity
* Name of the weapon changed to "Rainbow Projector"

Crimson rod:
+ There can now be two clouds active at the same time
- Damage lowered from 12 to 9
- "fire rate" of the clouds reduced by 20%
- Blood Raindrops no longer pierce.

Toxic Flask has been reworked into a "lingering spell" weapon:
+ Toxic Clouds are slightly bigger in size, cover a significantly larger area, and last for ten seconds before fading.
+ They now inflict a new debuff that deals 40 damage over time.
+ Lifespan of the Toxic Flask projectile lowered to 1.25 seconds.
- There can only be one Toxic Cloud active at a time.

Shadowbeam Staff:
+ Damage increased from 53 to 64
+ Use Time lowered from 16 to 14
+ The Shadowbeam will now smart bounce between hit enemies (Still bounces normally on tiles)
- Reverted previous changes to the weapon.

+ Crystal storm and Spectre Staff now work like in 1.4.

Format C:
+ Now grows in power every 36 frames instead of 45
- Loses 60% damage on every hit instead of 40%

Note: This rework should make it more comfortable to use, no longer requiring such a long time to charge up

+ Butcher's Chainsaw sparks now use LocalImmunity (This buff is MUCH more impactful than it sounds)

Accessory changes:

Moon Charm and its upgrades have been reworked to make the Werewolf transformation more useful, no longer restricted to melee, and independent of the time of the day.
+/- Now turns the player into a Werewolf when below 67% health instead of when at Night-Time.
* Stat bonuses changed to +11% damage, +9% critical strike chance, and +7% melee speed.

Moon Shell:
+ Now requires and inherits the effects of the Frozen Turtle Shell.
* Renamed to "Monster Shell"

Celestial Shell
- Now requires and inherits the effects of the Neptune's Shell instead of the Moon Shell.

+ Reverted nerfs to Celestial Stone and derivates from previous versions

- Celestial Emblem damage bonus decreased from 15% to 10%

- Honey Balloon regeneration bonus decreased from 1 hp/s to 0.5 hp/s

- Hive Pack's bigger bees damage lowered from 25 to 20.

Armor changes:

Mythril armor:
* Each piece of the set now has the same stats as in 1.4.1
+ Mythril Hat set bonus now increases ranged critical strike chance by 12%
+ Mythril Hood set bonus now increases magic critical strike chance by 15%.

This makes Mythril Armor comparable to Adamantite armor, with greater DPS at the cost of lower stats everywhere else.

Ancient Set has been turned into a combat armor set:
* Each piece requires 10/20/15 Cobalt/Palladium Bars and 2 Ancient Cloth instead of 15 Silk and 5 cloth.
* Ancient Headdress increases melee and magic damage by 17% and increases melee speed and mana cost reduction by 10%.
* Ancient Garments increase melee and magic critical strike chance by 3% and grants a Sandstorm in a Bottle jump.
* Ancient Slacks increase melee and magic damage by 3% and movement speed by 40%
* Set bonus increases maximum mana by 60, melee speed by 30%, and grants 40 extra frames of invincibility after taking damage.

Now a magic/melee hybrid armor with good mobility that encourages the use of true melee alongside magic weapons with its major melee speed bonuses and invincibility frames. Also gives Cobalt/Palladium a new use.

Shadow Armor has been reworked into a classless defensive armor akin to Crimson armor:
* Each piece of the set now increases critical strike chance by 2% instead of melee speed by 7%
* Set Bonus now gives a 1 in 9 chance to dodge attacks.

Buff changes:

+ Star in a bottle mana regeneration bonus increased from 1 per second to 20 per second.
- Obsidian Skin potion no longer grants immunity to On Fire.

It doesn't make much sense, but the most prominent debuff in the game should not have a common and practically free immunity. That's too easy.

Enemy Changes:

Duke Fishron has been buffed:
+ His defense has been increased from 50/40/0 to 60/48/40
+ Health on Expert Mode increased from 60000 to 80000
- Contact Damage on Expert Mode decreased by 10% on all phases
- Damage gain for the second phase further decreased from 20% to 10%
+ On Expert Mode, he will change phases at 60%/25% health instead of 50%/15% Health
+ The transition to the third phase is twice as fast.

+ Lunge distance and velocity increased by roughly 25-30%
+ Chance to inflict Feral Bite increased to roughly 50%, duration increased from 3-10 seconds to 6-10.

+ Detonating Bubbles now move 25% faster and have a much longer lifespan
+/- On both phases, the duration of this attack has been doubled, but he spawns bubbles slightly slower (from every 4 frames to 6 frames in the first phase and 8 in the second)

+ Duke Fishron now summons a Cthulunado every 4 seconds during his third phase.
- Cthulunados can no longer deal contact damage until one second after spawning.

+ Bleeding now deals 2 damage over time on Expert Mode.

Feral Bite has been reworked:
+/- It no longer affects Health regeneration and damage
+ Now applies debuffs twice as often
- The duration of these has been decreased to 0.2-0.3 seconds
+ It now ONLY inflicts Confused ;)

+ Biome Mimics now drop their hook separately from their other items, with a 25% chance.
+ Ghouls and Lamias now have a 10% chance to drop Ancient Cloth
+ Wolves now have a 2% chance to drop the Moon Charm.

Shadowbeam Staff:
+ Damage increased from 53 to 64
+ Use Time lowered from 16 to 14
+ The Shadowbeam will now smart bounce between hit enemies (Still bounces normally on tiles)
- Reverted previous changes to the weapon.
Is the lack of wall smart bouncing an intentional design or a code limitation?

- Celestial Emblem damage bonus decreased from 15% to 10%
Was this really necessary, the celestial emblem always seemed kind of tame compared to stuff like the sniper scope, papyrus scarab, and mech glove.

Is the lack of wall smart bouncing an intentional design or a code limitation?

Intentional design, you still gotta aim those trick shots.

Was this really necessary, the celestial emblem always seemed kind of tame compared to stuff like the sniper scope, papyrus scarab, and mech glove.

The Celestial Magnet is heavily underrated; it practically gives you unlimited mana when dealing with enemies. This combined with a solid +15% damage increase made me want to use it over any other mana economy item and even other damage items like the Destroyer Emblem, it had to be toned down

The Celestial Magnet is heavily underrated; it practically gives you unlimited mana when dealing with enemies. This combined with a solid +15% damage increase made me want to use it over any other mana economy item and even other damage items like the Destroyer Emblem, it had to be toned down
Yeah its the best mana economy accessory but I think that has more to do with those accesories being underwhelming.

Being situationally better than the destroyer emblem isn't any more powerful than the other 'ultimate class accessories' I had mentioned.

Is that really a nerf? That just means your controls are changing more often.

That extremely short duration makes it more of a random, brief stun rather than full-on Confusion. I feel that constant Confusion procs of 2-3 seconds can mess up your movement much more than just stopping in place for a fraction of a second

Yeah its the best mana economy accessory but I think that has more to do with those accesories being underwhelming.

Being situationally better than the destroyer emblem isn't any more powerful than the other 'ultimate class accessories' I had mentioned.

An accessory that can cover all your mana needs by itself shouldn't also be a solid damage upgrade. It is true that the accessories you mentioned are the best for their class but they don't make other items useless just by having them equipped. Not to mention, Sniper Scope and Papyrus Scarab become available later than Celestial Emblem does

An accessory that can cover all your mana needs by itself shouldn't also be a solid damage upgrade.
It needs mana stars in order for the mana economy effect to work, thats fine for events but against many bosses its just a sorcerer emblem.

It is true that the accessories you mentioned are the best for their class but they don't make other items useless just by having them equipped. Not to mention, Sniper Scope and Papyrus Scarab become available later than Celestial Emblem does
Like I said that's a problem with those other mana economy accessories, and it's really not in your interest to bring up progression when you want pre hardmode mana accesories to be competitive with the celestial emblem, a post mech accesory.

It needs mana stars in order for the mana economy effect to work, thats fine for events but against many bosses its just a sorcerer emblem.

Any time there are enemies involved, there are bound to be mana stars drop everywhere. With a Celestial Magnet equipped picking up the stars is extremely easy so with that item alone you will have all the mana you'll ever need with no drawbacks. "No Drawbacks" are the keywords, with the Magic Cuffs you have to take damage and the Mana Flower makes you deal with Mana Sickness.

The Magnet's only drawback is "you need enemies nearby" and while that does make it near useless against bosses and other single targets, it doesn't justify it being the best mana economy + Solid DPS everywhere else. (after writing this I realize I should've nerfed the Celestial Magnet whoops)

Like I said that's a problem with those other mana economy accessories, and it's really not in your interest to bring up progression when you want pre hardmode mana accesories to be competitive with the celestial emblem, a post mech accesory.

I did buff other mana economy items, most notably the Celestial Cuffs which were also moved to Hardmode so they could be the best Mana Economy against bosses. Then I'll see what I can do with the Mana Flower tinkers

It's hard to deal with Mana economy items because unlike with DPS once you have enough you are practically wasting slots by equipping more.

Is it me or does the Flamethrower crafting not worked? I got the ingredients and the crafting station right, but does it calculates correctly? Cause it only seems to be working on Mythril Anvil, not the Iron/Lead Anvil.

Been a long time since I last playthrough with this mod, what a great updates so far dude!
Really thoughtful with each updates and most of them are really exciting

New update has been released. Featuring some interesting reworks and global class nerfs that you may or may not hate me for :)

Scourge.gif

+ Brain Sucklers' defense increased back to 34, now has a 1 in 4 chance to drop a heart instead of 1 in 3.
+ Reverted health nerf on Star Cells.

Scourge of the Corruptor
+ Now inflicts a new debuff, "Corrupted"
++ The Javelin inflicts this debuff for 5 seconds.
++ The Tiny Eaters inflict it for 1 second.
++ For both projectiles, the duration is increased by your current melee speed.

Corrupted causes two Tiny Eaters to come out of the afflicted target every 1.5 seconds, and the target will release three Tiny Eaters when killed. Every Tiny Eater spawned by the debuff deals 53 damage.

This change makes it a powerful sidearm to keep with you when dealing with enemies, and a useful tool to keep flask debuffs on Bosses.

Razorblade Typhoon:
+ Projectile lifespan increased from 3 seconds to 5.
- Mana cost increased from 16 to 100.
- There can now only be one projectile at a time.

This weapon has such a powerful and spammable projectile that the only way to balance it out is to limit it to a sidearm weapon closer to Magnet Sphere. This change additionally declones it from the eventual Nightglow.

+ Revolver damage increased from 20 to 30
+ Nail Gun Damage increased from 85 to 125 (for those who cared, these two are what I was referring to in the previous message)
+ Candy Corn Rifle damage increased from 44 to 60
+ Jack O Lantern Launcher velocity increased from 7 to 14
+ Tactical Shotgun damage increased from 29 to 34, Use Time decreased from 34 to 32.

- Chlorophyte Bullets:
-- Damage decreased from 10 to 9
-- Now lose their homing effect 8 updates after being shot.

Celestial Stone stat increases changed from:
* +10% damage, +2% crit, +1 hp/s, +4 defense, +10% melee speed +other stuff that doesnt matter.
to:
* +6% damage, +2% crit, +0.5 hp/s, +4 defense. +5% melee speed, -6% mana costs, +10% chance not to consume ammo, +10% movement speed

+ Band of Starpower is now functionally identical to Band of Mana Regeneration
+ Band of Mana Regeneration now inherits Band of Regeneration's +1 hp/s
** this item has been renamed to "Band of Dual Regeneration"

+ Magic Cuffs now additionally increase magic damage by a multiplicative 20% for [damage * 5 / 60] seconds. Stacking with Celestial Cuffs doubles duration.
-- Reverted the latter's buff to maximum mana.
** Now requires the Band of Starpower instead of the Band of Mana Regeneration

+ Doubled Melee Speed bonuses for the Wild, Rash, Intrepid and Violent Prefixes.

+ Doubled movement speed bonuses for the Brisk, Fleeting, Hasty and Quick modifiers, and added a Jump Speed bonus of equal value.

+ Arcane now additionally lowers mana costs by 4%.

Mana Stars:
-- Mana regained reduced from 100 to 25.
++ Increased pickup range for these by 40%. Pickup range with a Celestial Magnet is unaffected.

- Reverted damage nerf on Celestial Emblem.

+ Spectre Mask's damaging ball recharge rate increased from 150 to 800 (this should make the set bonus roughly equivalent to its 1.4 counterpart)
++ Now has its 1.4 stats, but its defense has been lowered to 12.
** reverted previous changes to the rest of this armor.

+ Spectre Hood and Vampire Knives' healing changed. Their healing rate is now a stable 5 hp/s while in constant combat. (Before, they would only heal for 1, but the player's LifeSteal count would still be based on the weapon's damage, leading to inconsistent healing)
++ The latter's Defense has been increased to 12.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom