Weapons & Equip Bananananana

To yee or not to yee

• Yee

• Not Yee

• Yee but change _

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bananas are a wonderful thing. This thread is dedicated to them and contains an ovibus reference. See if you can find it!
Bananas are obtained by dreaking rich mahogany trees on the surface in groups of 1-3. They give well fed for 5 minutes and instead of consuming, are replaced with banana peels

Banana peel
What are you doing?
Can be placed (1 by 1)

The banana peel works much like a land mine, but instead of it doing damage, the victim falls on their butt for a few seconds before getting up. It works on ground based mobs with less than 800hp (Ground based being any mob that does not fly and has collision with the ground) or any player.
3 of 2 different boss souls + Banana = Bananarang (Replaces old obtaining)
3 of 2 different boss souls + Banana = Bownana
Slowly shoots out bananas, with monkeys soon following (Both the monkey and Banana having a velocity of 6.5) , dealing 55 damage to anything in the way.
If anyone os wondering where the monkey comes from, read this:
If you form a straight line following the path of the arrow, It will come out of the side opposite to where the arrow is headed. It sounds complicated, but it's the only way I can think of to word it.
Magic - WIP

3 of 2 different boss souls + Banana = Monkey Staff
The monkey staff summons monkeys that latch onto enemies for a few seconds, doing a little more than the spider staff. When they jump off they drop a few silver.
What do you think? Let me know in the comments!

Last edited:
A few problems I have:

1. Bananas cannot be found just by breaking mahogany trees. This makes some sense, as jungle trees would be the best type for this, however not only do no other trees do anything similar, the concept just doesn't feel right. I think a separate "Tree" tile item that can be found in the jungle (Similar to blueberry bush) which can be broken to get bannanas.

2. Banana peels may be of comedic purpose, but I don't see any benefit to PVE, or any other use apart from a visual gag, which I don't think works with terraria player's limited sprite resolution.

3. Crafting should at least make some sort of sense. I personally think that the current method of obtaining the bananarang works as is. As well as this, Shooting something other than arrows with a bow with this will either make it a special ranged weapon, or a magic weapon. Also, spawning a monkey after the banana just wouldn't make sense. Would the monkey move accross the floor? what happens if it hits a wall? You haven't given nearly enough details on this weapon, as well as more solid stats, such as critical strike chance, velocity etc.

3. Monkey staff. I think That you need to add more than just souls and a banana to make this item. Also, what AI would the monkey use? would bosses such as the EOC just drop rope for no reason when attacked by monkeys? Do they do a single strike of damage then disappear? This all seems very bare bones in description. Also, dealing more damage with an item that you can get with next to no effort in comparison to another that takes far more effort is extremely unbalanced.

4. Just adding souls doesn't seem like an upgrade. All crafting recipes with souls use different materials to craft their stuff, such as the mega shark, or the other boss summoning items, which include other materials. Throwing souls on a banana doesn't seem enough to make weapons of this nature.

All in all, this post seems very unfinished, nondescriptive, and has very little use in the game besides removing the point of going and getting the spider and queen spider staff. I personally see no point to the changes made, so unfortunately no support.

Bananas are a wonderful thing. This thread is dedicated to them and contains 2 ovibus references. See if you can find them!
Bananas are obtained by dreaking rich mahogany trees on the surface in groups of 1-3. They give well fed for 5 minutes and instead of consuming, are replaced with banana peels

Banana peel
What are you doing?
Can be placed (1 by 1)

The banana peel works much like a land mine, but instead of it doing damage, the player falls on their butt for a few seconds before getting up.
3 of 2 different boss souls + Banana = Bananarang (Replaces old obtaining)
3 of 2 different boss souls + Banana = Bownana
Slowly shoots out bananas, with monkeys soon following, dealing 55 damage to anything in the way.

Magic - Wip

3 of 2 different boss souls + Banana = Monkey Staff
The monkey staff summons monkeys that lqtch onto enimies for a few seconds, doing a little more than the spider staff. When they jump off they drop a few silver, with a 1% chance of dropping 1-10 bombs or 1-30 rope.
What do you think? Let me know in the comments!

I have a mixed opinion on this. This just needs a bit more details for me to judge it fully.
First,
Banana peel should be what it says, but like petrified de-buff on it. It doesn't state if it works on enemies.

Second,
I have no idea how the monkey works and the arrows speed, and a bunch of stats are missing.

Third,
Summoner staff is copying the spider staff. Each summon is unique. Also getting bombs and ropes are practically useless at that part of the game, as wings make rope useless and bombs is way slower than drax.

This just kinda seems like a fun thing. Suggestion doesn't have a bad concept.

I have a mixed opinion on this. This just needs a bit more details for me to judge it fully.
First,
Banana peel should be what it says, but like petrified de-buff on it. It doesn't state if it works on enemies.

Second,
I have no idea how the monkey works and the arrows speed, and a bunch of stats are missing.

Third,
Summoner staff is copying the spider staff. Each summon is unique. Also getting bombs and ropes are practically useless at that part of the game, as wings make rope useless and bombs is way slower than drax.

This just kinda seems like a fun thing. Suggestion doesn't have a bad concept.
I see your point. I lost a lot of quality for flare there. I'll change a few things and do my best to specify soon enough.

Great! Improvement! So the only think that is lacking currently is where the monkey comes from for the bow.
I suppose I forgot to clarify on that. If you form a straight line following the path of the arrow, It will come out of the side opposite to where the arrow is headed. It sounds complicated, but it's the only way I can think of to word it.

As for the monkey staff, if any one is having trouble visualizing the monkey, look at how the monkey attacks in this clip

When I saw this thread, I was like "omg next stupid idea -_-". Then I started to read it. This is Fantastic! :D.
I have other way the banana peel works. An entity that steps on it will have an effect for five seconds that makes all blocks as slippery as frozen slime block.

When I saw this thread, I was like "omg next stupid idea -_-". Then I started to read it. This is Fantastic! :D.
I have other way the banana peel works. An entity that steps on it will have an effect for five seconds that makes all blocks as slippery as frozen slime block.
I'm pretty sure enimies are not affected by those, but if they were, that might make a neat non-consumable alternate.

Unfortunately, enemies are not effected by ice physics, and even if they were, most enemies are either so slow that it doesn't make much of a difference, or not move on the ground anyway.

Back
Top Bottom